It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Universal Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: scojak

It requires a bit of out of the box thinking, but there is a slight chance that science is a religion too,

But then it would mean our minds are at least partly assembling reality as we go.

Not science itself, but its adherents are very much capable of religious thinking. The evidence for that statement is readily available. When we become aware of how many times academia has pronounced someone a quack or a pseudo-scientist because they disagreed with scientific consensus, only to find out later on the quack was right.
edit on 9/25/2019 by Klassified because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You learn patience when dealing, day-to-day,with someone who has had 3 strokes!
You learn patience when taking care of someone with serious wounds that are healing.
You learn patience while dealing with others who think differently from yourself and
have cultures alien to your own.
This is not about being on a ego trip,blowing my own horn or whatever...I have learned
a lot in my 60 plus years on this planet.I am set in my religious ways and won't change
them to suit someone else.
I have proven my open-mindness by simply reading your thread and responding.I could
have simply bypassed it completely and moved on.
You are entitled to your opinion and so are others! Some have taken it upon themselves
to deny others' their right to think and act differently.Our society is being taken over by
those who will strip any rights we have and claim it is for the "better good".

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I think science, at it's core, is the search for truth and is not a religion.

But science conducted by man could much of the time be an interpretation of the truth which does comply with religion.

Also I suppose if our realities are based on our perceptions, then our truths may be what we make them... oh boy, out of the box indeed.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That's the problem...people are telling you how and what to think.
The total lack of religious upbringing is one of the big issues with
our current society today. We have become self-indulgent,self-centered,
rebellious,reprobate minds and thinking.This slippery slope started when
prayer was taken out of schools!
Some religions maybe taking things into their hands,others are warning
what is coming.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

We need one Humanity. Only then will we find our extraterrestrials.

No so much religion, as much as final coexisting as one humanity...God is God.

If one believes...and we all except differences....then not as a planet w leaders, separate countries, Gods or no God...we of one unified belief system of differences.

Should we accept arrivals from space on a planet where no one is completely right...no one country, or religion...and we constantly kill eat other, no one leader who represents all?

Religions a help....but all the rest? We've got a long way to go yet...

Peace

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I agree we do not need a new religion, just like we didn't need the old ones, but archetypes are persistent and not easily scrubbed from cultures, or individuals for that matter.

Some people need "the old ones" Religions that already exist here on our planet. A religion can give a person comfort, and they can be really pleasant individuals. Not always, but it can happen and has already happened multiple times.

I think they believe they need the old religions because they don't know any better and refuse to learn any better. Taken to extremes, religion has an adverse effect on the psyche and turns otherwise good people into unconscionable monsters. Fortunately, most people aren't extremists, but religion in moderation enables extremists by blocking criticism of the extremists religion and by often secretly agreeing with the basics of the extremists cause.

From you Klass, a fundamentalist, extremist atheist
Describing your own faith
Atheist extremists are no different, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, list of atheist extremists is just awe inspiring isn’t it
I expect a tirade of abuse for criticising your faith and a string of viscous denials about your beliefs
Mirror mirror

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The concept of one world religion is not new, it's ancient, going back to Babylon. It is/has been the dream of the mystery religions to bring about one world religion and government since antiquity. They've tried many times, but are always thwarted. This time, however, it's going to stick.

One world religion is being touted as the answer to all of the world's problems. If we could just come together, world peace would ensue and we would all be swaying and singing kumbaya.

In reality, one world religion will be about controlling the masses and marginalizing the freedoms of the people, "for the sake" of the collective. It's a trojan horse to bring in an iron-fisted ruling power, which will result in persecution and death the likes of which we've never seen.

I'll end with this (a Christian/Biblical perspective):

• Bible prophecy aligns with a historical events of the past, giving us a clear understanding of who the power players have been and who will be at the end.
  • Bible prophecy fulfillment is reaching a fevered pitch with recent events, leading up to the one world religion.
  • The hallmarks of the Satanic agenda have always been rebellion against God and counterfeiting God (i.e. one world religion, et al).
  • We're at a time in history where the machinations of said agenda are out in the open, blatant and obvious, but people have been conditioned, much like the frog in the pot analogy.

edit on 25-9-2019 by Freth because: The famous Mr. Ed(it).

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don’t believe anyone or any government has the right to inflict religious beliefs on another. Everyone is on their own spiritual journey and we should not be telling someone else how to find God.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I agree we do not need a new religion, just like we didn't need the old ones, but archetypes are persistent and not easily scrubbed from cultures, or individuals for that matter.

Some people need "the old ones" Religions that already exist here on our planet. A religion can give a person comfort, and they can be really pleasant individuals. Not always, but it can happen and has already happened multiple times.

I think they believe they need the old religions because they don't know any better and refuse to learn any better. Taken to extremes, religion has an adverse effect on the psyche and turns otherwise good people into unconscionable monsters. Fortunately, most people aren't extremists, but religion in moderation enables extremists by blocking criticism of the extremists religion and by often secretly agreeing with the basics of the extremists cause.

From you Klass, a fundamentalist, extremist atheist
Describing your own faith
Atheist extremists are no different, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, list of atheist extremists is just awe inspiring isn’t it
I expect a tirade of abuse for criticising your faith and a string of viscous denials about your beliefs
Mirror mirror

Normally, I don't bother replying to you any more because of your inability to have a civil discourse, but insults and goading aside, the three you mention are good examples of extremism, even if you do bring them up every chance you get as if they're some kind of trump card against anyone who doesn't buy into the abrahamic fairy tales. I don't exclude any group, including atheists and anti-theists from religious thinking and extremism. There are always those who are willing to harm others to get their way, and make others believe and behave as they want them to. Theocracies and dominionists are a glaring historical testament to that.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t believe anyone or any government has the right to inflict religious beliefs on another. Everyone is on their own spiritual journey and we should not be telling someone else how to find God.

Exactly. I found my faith in God about 15 years ago. Maybe closer to 20 years not sure. But i can't swallow all teachings of any religion. I don't identify myself as a follower of any religion, but i believe in God. Many religions have some good ideas, though. But utter nonsense and blatant violence also.

Therefore, if we would want a one world religion, i would be ruled out of it, and thus it wouldn't be a one world religion because at least one person is not a follower. Or then it would have to be my exact ideas, and i don't want to stuff them down anyone's throat.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: solve

I think science, at it's core, is the search for truth and is not a religion.

Science at it's core is the search for funding.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

The problem is the evangelical right is claiming your position is a religious belief like any other.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

You have no idea what you are talking about. You are just being argumentative at this point. If you spent the time on the original OP, you would find it is probably not in any disagreement with anything you have said. But that's okay, keep the tea kettle going!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Sigh...I should have kept my post under 145 characters. The twitter generation can not hold complex thoughts in their heads.

Oh come on, it’s not even your post, it’s a rehash of all philosophy ever and the average Jordan Peterson podcast
Sigh, nothing new

Let me summarize your position. I am full of crap, Jordan Peterson, no other reason given.

I'm just impressed that you even know how to spell the word philosophy. Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No religion can truly answer your 4 questions, they can only give one different interpretations of the speculations of others that came before us. As for one world religion: that could never be accomplished. Even within a single religion there are innumerable sects as interpretation and belief is incredibly varied and even within individual sects it is rare that every member agrees on each and every tenet of said sect. We are too unique in our ways of thinking to ever agree on a single religion for all.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't agree with a One World Religion. If someone wants to make a religion by including all teachings of world religions, that's fine. The concept of a One World Religion is nothing more than opening up worship to be dictated by 'government' or one single entity.

Think China...

When you start putting government or a dictatorship (or even a council) over all religions, it no longer becomes a practice of worship but a practice of censorship and control.

What's the point of one anyways? Not all believe the same thing and that opens up to a lot of face to face conflict. Will Islam give up Sharia? Will Buddhist give up chanting? Will Christians give up the gospel? How exactly do you combine all religions into one without offending another? What happens when the Christian pig farmer goes to this church of one? Will Muslim believers accept him and stand next to him in prayer?

I say leave religion alone so long as it doesn't take personal human rights and freedoms from another.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I honestly think the Bible needs to be rediscovered. There is so much in the ancient manuscripts that gets lost in translation and in the veneration of hierophants. Furthermore, cognitive dissonance fueled by cheap misconceptions, which are exacerbated by superficial proselytes, continues to serve as a stumbling block in the path of Truth. I've examines many literary works (ancient and contemporary) of philosophy and religion, and they all point to the same gnosis; As above, so below--as within, so without. The Bible teaches the same, but goes much deeper...the mystery that was hidden from ages past (Col 1:26). If you want true individuation, even sanctification, it starts with faith in Jesus the Christ. He wiped the slate clean for us by paying for our sins with His own knowledge (Isaiah 53:11). He is the door of initiation into the real mysteries of spiritual transformation.

The so-called occult mysteries of magick and hermeticism can be excavated by any individual who silences the chatter of their mind long enough to observe nature in action. The mystery of Christ, on the other hand, is only found in the Word of God. It is written in the shadows of all our hearts, but only God can shine the light so that we can see it.

The lamp of God is the breath of man, searching the hidden chambers of his belly.

edit on 25-9-2019 by BELIEVERpriest because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I do know what I am talking about and your reply is what I always
expect to see when posting,nothing new at all.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sigh...I should have kept my post under 145 characters. The twitter generation can not hold complex thoughts in their heads.

Oh come on, it’s not even your post, it’s a rehash of all philosophy ever and the average Jordan Peterson podcast
Sigh, nothing new

Let me summarize your position. I am full of crap, Jordan Peterson, no other reason given.

I'm just impressed that you even know how to spell the word philosophy. Keep up the good work.

Yup, you are obviously on the road to enlightenment.

The search is over.

edit on 9/25/2019 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My turn.....you guys are wonderful searchers.....it's a mystery, huh!

Will it be a comfort to hear I'm pulling for yas......we don't like to be purposely kept in the dark.

We are thrown into this reality....with no marked exits.

The basic instructions are in a book that's magic......you have to read it so so the Spirit of the literary work can get all over ya.....

I'm pull in for us all, because I think we all agreed to come down here to resolve the devils bargain....and we knew each other before!

We want supernatural things and ability.....read it.you will have your supernatural....
edit on 25-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 25-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join