It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Universal Religion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I've heard people express the idea we need a new religion that will unite all the people of the World creating a new found Shangri-la.

Here's the thing. Religion exists to answer the four great existential questions:

1. Who am I?
2. Why am I here?
3. What does it all mean?
4. What is going to happen to me when I die?

There's a really interesting psychology book I read that talks about the "Divine Child" archetype as being the source of all our spirituality. You might find it interesting:

King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine

Each of us faces dragons, demons, and monsters dragging us down into the abyss. A come to Jesus moment. This video explains the common thread in all religions in learning how to become more than you ever imagined you would ever be:

I'm not sure having one Universal religion is the answer.

I think the answer is each of us needs to do the work of finding out our sufficient answers to the four great existential questions. Nobody can do the work for us. It's an individual's journey. And if you see the Buddha on the road, kill him! The answers are NOT out there. The answers will not come from outside of yourself. Everyone has different answers to the four great existential questions!

edit on 25-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The one world religion is already in the making as I type here.
It will not be a religion that people should embrace,it will be
one to avoid at all cost.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Sigh...I should have kept my post under 145 characters. The twitter generation can not hold complex thoughts in their heads.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I have never been on twitter,try again!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Answering all 4 questions is not necessary in order to live a fulfilling, happy and productive life. We just think it is.

We are inquisitive by nature, but that doesn't mean you have to feed it constantly. You miss too much these days if you stop to think TOO much.

Religion has kept us from advancing more than any other institution. It needs to die.

A universal business model, financial system and science based learning would take us much further and faster than religion ever has.

When the day is done and you want to start asking the deeper questions, spirituality is where you want to go. It is recommended that you take this with you.

justjesuschrist.com...

This isnt a sales pitch, any variation of this book would do, but the point is that if you guide your life with peace, patience and understanding you will soon find out that those 4 questions dont really matter too much.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I watched one minute and twenty seconds of the video you posted.
I believe in God and will not subject my mind to useless,time wasting
garbage.I am at the point in my life that I am feeling the myths' from
old are real.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
In mamabeth's defense, she is not a twitter type person, and she is capable of complex thought.

I agree we do not need a new religion, just like we didn't need the old ones, but archetypes are persistent and not easily scrubbed from cultures, or individuals for that matter. Humans have struggled with autonomy since the beginning. We have a penchant for projecting onto someone or something else what we don't want to take responsibility for, or don't understand. Religion fits the bill as an agent for doing just that.

edit on 9/25/2019 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think the answer is each of us needs to do the work of finding out our sufficient answers to the four great existential questions. Nobody can do the work for us. It's an individual's journey.

Have you, in your personal life, found them? I have, several times, that is why i can't trust that my journey to the answers is even nearly complete. How can i trust something that keeps changing form while i do more thinking work?

Except "4. What is going to happen to me when I die?"

Basically death does not exist. Of course my heart is going to stop some day, brains will cease to function and i will decompose or burn. If i decompose, then a worm might eat me, go back to ground level, fertilize a plant a bit. Give energy to create a seed. Bird eats the seed, flies far away, defecates, and then a new plant will sprout someday. Burning? I am not a physics guy, but in my understanding, the total value of all energy in the universe is a constant. Energy can change form but the overall value, bottom line, is always the same. So maybe i will fly from the chimney and continue my existence as a cosmic fart.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thank-you for your kind words,what kind of cookies do you like?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I agree we do not need a new religion, just like we didn't need the old ones, but archetypes are persistent and not easily scrubbed from cultures, or individuals for that matter.

Some people need "the old ones" Religions that already exist here on our planet. A religion can give a person comfort, and they can be really pleasant individuals. Not always, but it can happen and has already happened multiple times.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I know your post history, he doesn't. Just because we disagree on this topic doesn't mean I lack respect for your cognitive abilities.

Chocolate chip!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Thinking maybe a mushroom cult?

Nah we tried that, resulted in pretty much the end of the world.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I have never been on twitter,try again!

This post was not meant for people with big egos about their own way of thinking being better than everyone else's. It was meant for people with an open mind willing to explore new perspectives on the same age old problems everyone face. It was not meant for people having concrete dogmas dismissing what they do not understand or are willing to try to understand with a simple wave of a hand.

It's okay. Patience is not everyone's strong suite. Some people are just not capable of appreciating other opinions.

edit on 25-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Thinking maybe a mushroom cult?

Nah we tried that, resulted in pretty much the end of the world.

There are some religions trying to bring about the end of the world in a mushroom cloud.

I don't think you read my post. I wasn't advocating a new one world religion. Just the opposite. I was indirectly claiming no religion will solve a person's existential problems. People telling you what to think is not the answer.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I agree we do not need a new religion, just like we didn't need the old ones, but archetypes are persistent and not easily scrubbed from cultures, or individuals for that matter.

Some people need "the old ones" Religions that already exist here on our planet. A religion can give a person comfort, and they can be really pleasant individuals. Not always, but it can happen and has already happened multiple times.

I think they believe they need the old religions because they don't know any better and refuse to learn any better. Taken to extremes, religion has an adverse effect on the psyche and turns otherwise good people into unconscionable monsters. Fortunately, most people aren't extremists, but religion in moderation enables extremists by blocking criticism of the extremists religion and by often secretly agreeing with the basics of the extremists cause.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Yeah pretty much agree, just threw that out there because it was pretty close but ended badly.

So no religion,

But Philosophy should be a thing.. Again..

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Religion is an antiquated concept designed to frighten people into becoming civilized, and to control them. We don't need to come up with a new religion, we need something believable.

IMO the only chance is if science is able to bridge the gap and prove the existence of "spirituality", which they really don't seem that far from doing. Some of the quantum entanglement experiments I've read about are damn convincing that thought and observation have real effects on what actually happens.

Being that prayer and/or meditation are basic practices for most religions, I think if we can show they actually have real affects, that will create an opportunity for unity.
edit on 9/25/2019 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I think they believe they need the old religions because they don't know any better and refuse to learn any better.

Is there a difference between "only" believing to need something, or actually really needing it, if the outcome is the same, and the outcome is positive?

To the rest of your post i have nothing to add because i agree. Extremism causes problems in all areas, not just religion.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

It requires a bit of out of the box thinking, but there is a slight chance that science is a religion too,

But then it would mean our minds are at least partly assembling reality as we go.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Sigh...I should have kept my post under 145 characters. The twitter generation can not hold complex thoughts in their heads.

Oh come on, it’s not even your post, it’s a rehash of all philosophy ever and the average Jordan Peterson podcast
Sigh, nothing new

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join