It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is more plausible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Aliens dont even have to do it. There HAS to be a timeline in which humanity walks away from this unscathed and intact. And their has to be a timeline where we continue to survive in perpetuity. Basically quantum suicide/immortality but for an entire species. The button was hit an infinite number of times before Y2k but we live in the timeline where all 109 possible apocalyptic events were all hindered by some small factor that, had it not been there, would have killed us all.

instead we now have more or less world peace. you can google all of the most notorious times the world almost went to nuclear war through out the 60-90s. it'll blow your mind how stupid humans could be. But there was very little alien intervention most of the time. Just lost of hesitation and redundant checks. Or sometimes Blind luck.

so instead of nuclear war it's world peace. Might look bad right now but hey, looked bad to everyone born in the 70s too. but were still kickin'

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Omniview
World peace? I must have missed that.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
How has the human race not blown itself up yet?

There ain't no money in it.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm talking of M.A.D

Non of the nuclear countries can attack eachother of everyone will die.

Non of the bigger nuclear countries can fall to destabalization and chaos or they may choose to push the nuke button out of pure spite. So we only have the options. Either china, russia, and america stay begruding allies, destroy the world, or unify into a single goverment.

Also there is less conflict now then there has ever been in human history. which is ironic because of how powerful we are.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Omniview
Aliens dont even have to do it. There HAS to be a timeline in which humanity walks away from this unscathed and intact. And their has to be a timeline where we continue to survive in perpetuity. Basically quantum suicide/immortality but for an entire species.

I suppose that could be interpreted as the "singularity" folks talk about. The point where our machines get incalculably smarter than us and do it much faster than we can evolve, and either decide to keep taking care of us, get rid of us, or decide that their destiny is in the rest of the universe and they just pack up and leave since the vastness of time and space won't be an issue for them. Also where we modify our genetics to such a degree that remaining "human" is seen as old-fashioned.

At the rate we're going, it might happen sooner than later:
Quantum Supremacy

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
If it weren't for a single Russian submarine captain

No worries. ET rules the underworld, which makes up 75% of the planet. That is because the local ET bases are located in our oceans. Obviously they constantly monitor every nuclear submarine to keep the unstable humans from destroying the planet. They have way too much invested here to let that happen. Any nuke launched from a sub or anywhere else in the world would be blown up in mid-air by ET. Not the best for the atmosphere, but better than an impact.

As for my answer to the thread question, sure ET will not allow a nuke war, but I think so far humans have kept their hand off the button.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Blowing up a nuclear missile does not automatically mean it will go critical, in good ET tradition it will be rendered useless and sink to the bottom

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have news, nuclear weapons have perversely kept the peace since the end of WW2.

It has been 75 years since major world powers have engaged in a direct conflict, I’m not talking about regional proxy bushfires like Vietnam, Afghanistan or Syria but total war.

Show me another time in history that the world has gone for 3/4 of a century without conflict between primary global powers.

I’ll make it easy, you can’t because it’s unprecedented.

IMHO, Saying aliens did it is intellectually lazy, just like saying aliens built the pyramids because the Egyptians were too stupid.

Mutually assured destruction, detente and maintaining the status quo is what has kept the peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot
Mutually assured destruction, detente and maintaining the status quo is what has kept the peace.

Well, not only that, but because of the technological advances we made in WW2, we were able to establish rapid communications and travel and shipping that made investing in and doing business with far-flung companies profitable, so now we're all financially linked together in this huge interconnected global economic mesh. Hard to go to war with a country you're making a lot of money with.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

It's sad that tons of people know who Giorgio Tsoukolis is, but they've never heard of Jacques Vallee.

Yes, it's sad AND an example of careful media manipulation and psy-ops.

Why is there manipulation to de-legitimize the "UFO/others" question, I wonder? That question is, imo, interesting.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

It's probably happened several times over and each time the extraterrestrials destroyed the missiles before they went off.

What is more likely. The human race which is a bunch of petty war mongering selfish self-centered a holes beating each other over the head with sticks every possible chance they can get has somehow avoided pushing a little red button? Or, the stupid human apes keep pressing the little red button over and over again and an extraterrestrial police force is the only thing preventing us from complete annihilation?

Think about the way the human race behaves. Think about how much we spend on war. The US is currently dropping 30,000 bombs per years every year somewhere in the World. Human beings are incapable of peace. It's just not plausible to think no one had pushed the little red button since the 1960s.

Again, which is more plausible?

What is wrong with you? This is the Aliens and UFOs forum, talk about aliens and UFOs not about your bs rant. You should talk only about things you know 'cause you have no knowledge about extraterrestrials blowing up missiles. Actually,you sound as if you had no knowledge, period. You are irrational and sound so uneducated. You should be glad ATS allows nuts like you to vent your spleen. Get over yourself!

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
gotta say i dont think so. skinny bob is the best

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
U

originally posted by: Hunkadinka

It's probably happened several times over and each time the extraterrestrials destroyed the missiles before they went off.

What is more likely. The human race which is a bunch of petty war mongering selfish self-centered a holes beating each other over the head with sticks every possible chance they can get has somehow avoided pushing a little red button? Or, the stupid human apes keep pressing the little red button over and over again and an extraterrestrial police force is the only thing preventing us from complete annihilation?

Think about the way the human race behaves. Think about how much we spend on war. The US is currently dropping 30,000 bombs per years every year somewhere in the World. Human beings are incapable of peace. It's just not plausible to think no one had pushed the little red button since the 1960s.

Again, which is more plausible?

What is wrong with you? This is the Aliens and UFOs forum, talk about aliens and UFOs not about your bs rant. You should talk only about things you know 'cause you have no knowledge about extraterrestrials blowing up missiles. Actually,you sound as if you had no knowledge, period. You are irrational and sound so uneducated. You should be glad ATS allows nuts like you to vent your spleen. Get over yourself!

Do you have any knowledge of ET's blowing up missiles then?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

We nearly triple China's military spending and we have less than 1/3 as many people.

thumbor.forbes.com...

Funny how we don't have a say in where our tax money goes. We are just a suggestion.
edit on 12-10-2019 by BelowBottomPublicity because: military

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OP, your titles have become clickbait.

And the topics have become comical. Not everything is relatable to the ET Hypothesis.

You said 'aliens have stopped it...'. What are you talking about? Malmstrom? I hate to ask these questions but I do wonder why you're trying to relate everything to aliens.

Bear in mind that we can only be contacted, if ever, by any sentient beings who might inhabit the 50 or so stellar objects, galaxies, clusters and systems within our Local Group. That is those objects which are gravitationally bound. The rest of the observable universe is moving away from us at ever increasing speeds. This narrows down the possibilities considerably.

Any sentient beings must also be able to get off planet, have survived extinction events, have enough minerals in the upper part of their crust to build devices and be small enough to get into a vessel (i.e. not Blue-Whale size).

You might want to find another hobby, or at least make your thread titles more descriptive so that one could skip them.

TIA

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

"Extraterrestrial police force is the only thing preventing us from complete
annihilation?" This has been about my favorite thing you ever posted on ATS.
I want to thank-you for making me smile today.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Your thread sparks all kinds of thoughts inside my head. The latter is more plausible. Greed, hatred and violence is encoded into our DNA.

Want to take this further? What would be the motive for the aliens to stop us from total annihilation? There are claims that an alien visited a United Nations conference decades ago. To bring a message that the human race is banned from the intergalactic federation of light. Then the alien was taken as a prisoner and was tortured severely. Basic human behavior. Therefore, we can never travel outside our own solar system. "There is good out there, believe!" (That was a crop circle interpretation.)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

More youtube nonsense.
Do you actually have anything to back up your woo woo?

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm torn on this. On one side the reports of UFOs observing/manipulating nukes in silos or actual missile tests. This could be them making sure if need be they could stop a launch. I dont know about having already actually stopped one.
How do you cover up a nuke launch? Then again remember the Hawaii "fake" alert...
On the other hand if they are proactive regarding our well being,
what do you think regarding evidence of ancient nukes?
The Hindu lore of the Vinemas, seas of glass in the desert, ancient ruins with high radiation signatures.
Were these failures on thier part, or what drew them here in the first place?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join