It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is more plausible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
How has the human race not blown itself up yet?

It's probably happened several times over and each time the extraterrestrials destroyed the missiles before they went off.

What is more likely. The human race which is a bunch of petty war mongering selfish self-centered a holes beating each other over the head with sticks every possible chance they can get has somehow avoided pushing a little red button? Or, the stupid human apes keep pressing the little red button over and over again and an extraterrestrial police force is the only thing preventing us from complete annihilation?

Think about the way the human race behaves. Think about how much we spend on war. The US is currently dropping 30,000 bombs per years every year somewhere in the World. Human beings are incapable of peace. It's just not plausible to think no one had pushed the little red button since the 1960s.

Again, which is more plausible?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

It's just not plausible to think no one had pushed the little red button since the 1960s.

So, how many times has it happened in the past 70 years?

And it's not a little button. Ask the president. His button is the biggest. No one has ever seen a bigger one.

edit on 9/25/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It's just not plausible to think no one had pushed the little red button since the 1960s.

And it's not a little button. Ask the president. His button is the biggest. No one has ever seen a bigger one.

Nukemap

Pick Tsar Bomba over your favorite town and see what happens!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I thought we were talking about nuclear war, not weapons testing.

My bad.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

It has, humanity hasn't paid heed to the ongoing mega $hit storm before now and recent TDSyndrome thereafter. But that too shall pass.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's probably happened several times over and each time the extraterrestrials destroyed the missiles before they went off.

What is more likely. The human race which is a bunch of petty war mongering selfish self-centered a holes beating each other over the head with sticks every possible chance they can get has somehow avoided pushing a little red button? Or, the stupid human apes keep pressing the little red button over and over again and an extraterrestrial police force is the only thing preventing us from complete annihilation?

Think about the way the human race behaves. Think about how much we spend on war. The US is currently dropping 30,000 bombs per years every year somewhere in the World. Human beings are incapable of peace. It's just not plausible to think no one had pushed the little red button since the 1960s.

The US is currently dropping 30,000 bombs per years every year somewhere in the World. Human beings are incapable of peace.

You are comparing some psychos with power to kill with the entire human race.... think about it

edit on 25-9-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

My bad.

You are just trolling. What I am talking about is how insanely powerful these weapons are as shown by Nukemap. And given the way humanity is so hateful, petty, selfish, and argumentative I find it impossible to think over the last 60 or 70 years we haven't blown ourselves up yet. Extraterrestrials have to be stopping us from destroying ourselves.

It's a yes or now type question. Your first post on the size of the button was off-topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Isn't the premise that it was stopped by some alien race and completely hidden from the world?

So mr president probably would not even know about it anyway

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

The US is currently dropping 30,000 bombs per years every year somewhere in the World. Human beings are incapable of peace.

You are comparing some psychos with power to kill with the entire human race.... think about it

Yes, I agree. There are psychos with power to kill everyone all over the planet.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Right.
Humans have no sense at all. The notion that if you launch your weapons I will launch mine has no bearing on the topic.

Aliens saved us.

Groovy.

Your first post on the size of the button was off-topic.
Incorrect. The point is that the size of the button is not relevant when it comes to nukes.

edit on 9/25/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

My bad.

You are just trolling.

"trying to..." LMFAO!

What I am talking about is how insanely powerful these weapons are as shown by Nukemap. And given the way humanity is so hateful, petty, selfish, and argumentative I find it impossible to think over the last 60 or 70 years we haven't blown ourselves up yet. Extraterrestrials have to be stopping us from destroying ourselves.

It's a yes or now type question. Your first post on the size of the button was off-topic.

I feel like most people just want to do their normal stuff and be happy about it, then there's that other section that wants blood no matter what and keeps looking for it, those tend to word as serial killers, narcos, sicarios or government positions where they can decide fates in a twist of a finger

Too bad they get to chose over the rest of the population, with some well prepared PR excuses as we know very well : )

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Speak for yourself.
Not for me.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Believe it or not, it nearly happened. If it weren't for a single Russian submarine captain with the authority to say no, nuclear war would have happened.

There were 3 people on that sub that were required to authorize the launch, 2 did, one didn't, and because of him we avoided a worldwide nuclear war.

As dumb as I think humans are, I think we're smart enough to keep from killing each other completely.

There is no such thing as a winnable nuclear war, despite warhawks on both sides saying it's possible.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

edit on 25-9-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Why do you think aliens dont stop us testing them and blowing # up other ways?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's an egocentric thought to reason that ET is:

a) interested in our wellbeing
b) actively monitoring all the bs we get into and doing damage control

Best case scenario is that some ET has had a hand in our evolution at some point in the past. Which explains perfectly why we have strayed from the path of a balanced coexistence. I truely believe that our accelerated development has caused and will cause major disruption on the finely tuned system that is our ecosphere.

This is all just a gigantic race against time. I might even go as far as to state that time was running out regardless of our development and ET input, and they are just trying to go for broke and see what happens. Either we make it on our own, or we are doomed. Whether we were slinging from the trees or nuking the place up, time will run out. That's a given even ET can't get around

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Is it more likely that nuclear armageddon has not happened because (a) Mutually Assured Destruction or (b) aliens?
Do excuse me if I go for (a).

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Stanton Friedman certainly agreed with you about the human race being war-like and self-destructive. I totally agree.
I dont recall his exact words, but he alluded to a possible "Day the Earth Stood Still" scenario where E.T. might be patrolling the neighborhood. After the Manhatten Project and the nuke tests, UFO sightings reportedly increased dramatically in those desert areas. I think it's certainly plausible that the E.T.s thought they'd better keep an eye on us.

Or maybe they intervened in more subtle ways?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Ummm...is this really what passes for deep think these days...?

Seriously…?

Yes dude...aliens be making mojo to keep all us ingrates from playing Russian roulette with the football...

Beyond that...don't you like being a part of the apex predator species...?

I mean...expecting the apex territorial hominids to not push back against encroachment...is just a tad disingenuous...and reflects a lack of critical thinking skillsets...or non-consideration at the very least...

Look...human beings are not an altruistic species...we are instead the top of the food chain...and exploit/subjugate all other species and environments at our whim...

As for aliens...MEH...I have no use for non-proven group think...better relegated to the SCI-FI channel...than mainstreamed and foisted as fact on a gullible public...

Stay frosty...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

As for aliens...MEH...I have no use for non-proven group think...better relegated to the SCI-FI channel...than mainstreamed and foisted as fact on a gullible public...

If you go beyond the mainstream nonsense and look at the research of guys like Stan Friedman, Jacques Vallee, Richard Dolan, and John Keel, you'll find some truly mind-blowing stuff. It's compelling enough that these guys devoted their lives to it. Serious research.

I've talked to people who say they're obsessed with "Ancient Aliens" or "The X-Files", but have never even heard of the guys I mentioned. It's sad that tons of people know who Giorgio Tsoukolis is, but they've never heard of Jacques Vallee.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join