It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what trumpsters wont admit...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

I think Flynn tried to illegally deal with Russians and lied through his teeth about it when busted. Lied to the White House and the FBI. Does that make him a bad, bad man? Not necessarily. But it makes him a criminal under the law.

Which, of course, is entirely off topic.

edit on 9/25/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My understanding is that neither of the FBI agents interviewing him had the impression that he was lying intentionally. I don't know why he lied to Pence. My feeling is that he got defensive, having gone through this before, or maybe just doesn't trust Pence. My feeling is that his firing was completely political, to gain political capital. It doesn't make him wrong. I think his opinion on national security matters should be taken seriously.

I don't know, maybe the "lying to Pence" story was made up in order to nip the attempt to undermine Trumps admin in the bud. That's plausible. I know you're not one to speculate, but can you just see how maybe Flynn accidentally lied to the FBI, they decided to make a big deal out of it, and the Admin said:

Hey, Mike, we know you didn't do this, but we're up against some pretty bad hombres. We need you to bow out. You'll always have my ear, and you and yours will be taken care of.

Just as plausible, in my mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   

My understanding is that neither of the FBI agents interviewing him had the impression that he was lying intentionally.

Is it your understanding that he did not lie about his meeting with Kislyak? My understanding is that he fooled the FBI agents, and Pence.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Here you posit that he set out to mislead the VP and FBI. Here I posit that he forgot when he talked to the FBI(without a lawyer,) forgot when he talked to the VP, then was crucified. I further posited that he forgot when he talked to the FBI(without a lawyer,) told the truth to the VP, and the VP, POTUS, and Flynn decided best he bow out, so as to minimize the harm to the admin.

I mean this is a career military officer. I don't know what your background is, but my experience has been that officers know they can't get away with lying.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Yeah. He forgot.

That works.

I don't know what your background is, but my experience has been that officers know they can't get away with lying.
Were you an officer? In any case, history belies your experience. Officers lie. So do presidents.

Dishonesty in the name of the greater good was a frequent theme of the report, offered by many officers as an explanation for their actions. Others cited the seemingly unimportant nature of the requirements being fudged, the need to keep up with other officers or units that may have inflated their performance or readiness rates, or a belief that senior leaders were aware the information being submitted was inaccurate.

www.armytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

God I love you.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

God I love you.

He is not god.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Buzz kill.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

So was he lying too, when he claimed Al Qaeda was stronger now, than in 2001?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I don't know.
Does it have something to do with talking to Russians about sanctions?

You know that someone can give an opinion about something and also lie about facts, right?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

please don't limit it like that. At the time of that comment he had the resources of the Defense Intelligence Agency, and his feeling was he was ousted because his assessment was contrary to the opinion of the administration.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

He was, as are you, entitled to his opinion of the circumstances.

But he lied to the FBI and admitted so. Right?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

right

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

were you...is that it?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

And thus ended my sad attempt to talk to Phage. His replies didn't dwindle, for never did they amount to more than a sentence or two. I felt a chilling calm as my final reply echoed across the the cybersphere. "right" I affirmed, expecting a response. But no response ever came. I wondered, 'what if I had used punctuation?' Like

right!

or

right?

or

...right...

But it was too late. Phage had moved on. The thermals, you see. The thermals had lifted and it was due time for him to soar to the next prominence, ever seeking the precipice, that ledge, that outcrop, that would provide him vantage over his next kill, his next meal.
edit on 25-9-2019 by Zelun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

This is why Trump won.
County Map

This map helps explain why Trump was able to win, despite winning over 2.2. million fewer votes (at the time of writing) than Clinton. Her votes were very concentrated in only a few states whereas Trump’s votes came from a wide enough geographic area to capture the Electoral College.

Overall Trump won approximately 2,600 counties to Clinton’s 500, or about 84% of the geographic United States. However, Clinton won 88 of of the 100 largest counties (including Washington D.C.). Without these 100 largest counties she would have lost by 11.5 million votes.

It really is that simple.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Even a fifth grader knows that the one who gets the most votes becomes class president.
Our federal presidential elections are the only elections that dont work that way. In all the world.
Its time to dump that system. We are not a farm nation any longer.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I have been telling you the same thing for months.
Still this little clique that doesn't realize it exists.
And its why you all are so outraged and surprised this morning.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

Nope. Its all true. Go outside and ask the first person you see who is not related to you.
Kick up a conversation at the grocery store and work him in if you can. You will very quickly find out what the people really think of him.
Just yesterday I was at City Hall for a building permit and three people in line around me joined in on a conversation about this issue in the news and not one thought he was not trying to collude and obstruct justice. I heard 'He's gotta go" over and over and that is not the first conversation I have heard or had where that was the theme.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I personally disagree with you on that. I believe we should move closer to what the country was founded on. However, there is a way to do what you are talking about.
With a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention. In neither case do I think it will happen. It would take some historically dumb representatives to pass legislation that weakens their states and their constituents.
edit on 25-9-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join