It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what trumpsters wont admit...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: stormson

originally posted by: sine.nomine

a reply to: sine.nomine

i never brought up the electoral college. everyone else did to cover for the fact that the majority of americans did not like trump enough to vote for him.

i said that if the president is to "represent" the people, then majority should be all that counts.

And that last sentence is uninformed. Which is why we have the electoral college.

The majority of Americans don't like literally every presidential candidate. But you latch on to the 3 million number. Why would the electoral college not come up?

actually, of the 45 presidents we have had, only 5 lost the people vote. guess which one trump is, 40 or 5.

With the electoral college in place , Trump did win the popular vote.
Get it ?
Naw , I figured you couldn't

he won by -3 million! i wish my bank account worked that way.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

a reply to: sine.nomine

i never brought up the electoral college. everyone else did to cover for the fact that the majority of americans did not like trump enough to vote for him.

i said that if the president is to "represent" the people, then majority should be all that counts.

And that last sentence is uninformed. Which is why we have the electoral college.

The majority of Americans don't like literally every presidential candidate. But you latch on to the 3 million number. Why would the electoral college not come up?

actually, of the 45 presidents we have had, only 5 lost the people vote. guess which one trump is, 40 or 5.

Ok, keep up here. Between low voter turnout, people who blindly vote down party lines, and people who vote for the lesser of two evils, the vast majority of Americans hate every presidential candidate.

strange. walk me through that. the majority of americans vote. the majority have voted for the presidential winner all but 5 times. so according to you, every president has been hated? im not picking up what youre putting down.

My Lord, it's like talking to a brick. Forget it...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

a reply to: TGunner

so, you think that 20% of americans should tell the other 80% what to do?

do you consider yourself part of that elite group?

I have to agree with Plato...there is a huge percentage of people that should not decide anything.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Knapperdude

"no one cares about"?

you mean other than the majority of people that actually do, and voted 3 million more times for hillary than for trump?

you mean those, right?

Yes the 3% more that liked hillery.

3% fought the revolution and won.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   
But 3 million or 3,000,000 is so much more dramatic? pfffft

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

"no one cares about"?

you mean other than the majority of people that actually do, and voted 3 million more times for hillary than for trump?

you mean those, right?

But how did the 3% do in the last election?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson

The impeachment thing reflects the attitude of Americans. The majority disapprove yet the Democrats are pushing it despite the disapproval .

Do you think pushing this nonsense that’s going to go nowhere won’t spur people to vote ?

I agree the majority of Americans want more dialogue and unity . That has been prevented by boycotts, shaming, labeling, vilifying and attacking people with red hats . Most Republicans just don’t speak out it’s not worth the hate directed at them .

As for the conservative versus liberal narrative in the media. I’ve been hearing it for 40+ years I’ve got my positions nothing is going to influence me on them. So I concentrate on the economy and historically the majority of people vote with their wallet. I noticed you failed to mention the economy. I look at the tariffs and see the future good it could for our children and grandchildren. I root for Trump to win like all Americans should. Peoples position shouldn’t be based with personal hatred and anger which could harm future generations . There’s nothing more divisive at the moment than impeach impeach impeach impeach. Dems don’t have a reason for it they’re looking for a reason that’s why they move from one red Herring to another .( Russia, obstruction and now the Biden nonsense ) I didn’t want Obama to get elected. But I defended him on several fronts including fast and furious, drone strikes and I wasn’t a birther. Do you know why I did that? Because he was the president and I did what was good for America .

I don’t agree with to be seen with the other side is death. ( I know that was a bit tongue-in-cheek ) Republicans are more tolerant the left isn’t tolerant at all. Compare incidents of violence, false claims and character assassination . There is a stark difference between the two parties .

The biggest problem in United States right now is the media . I believe if they could be rained in we could both have some of what we want . But with the anger they keep popping up there’s no chance now .

BTW I passed and all I got was a beer ? Cheapskate

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I believe if they could be rained in we could both have some of what we want .

Yeah. That's the ticket!

Pesky 1st amendment. Almost as bad as the next one.

edit on 9/25/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

"no one cares about"?

you mean those, right?

That's an extremely iffy claim. That'd be less than a force of 80,000...

Please tell me your source isn't Facebook or a meme.
edit on 25-9-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
so its time for bed, so its time to come clean.

this was mostly for lols and to see if a trump supporter could come off the party line and just admit he lost by 3 million votes. that the majority of voters didnt vote for him.

as you can see from the comments, they couldnt, except for one.

it was never a question of if he won the presidency legally, or the electoral college, or anything else. it was only that he lost the popular vote, nothing more.

it was prompted by hannity today. as ive mentioned before, i listen to conservative radio all day. hannity is big about saying "the american people" as if the majority voted for trump. they didnt. they didnt like him then, and disapprove of him now. i just wanted to get that out.

now if the majority vote fom trump in this next election, which might happen because of the dumb sh.. that the dems are doing, then ill concede that the majority of americans like trump and relegate myself to minority status till next election.

either way, i hate that hannity uses the phrase "the majority of americans" in support of trump, when they clearly voted for someone other than trump.

thanks for chipping in on an enjoyable evening. night all.

perhaps im being too pedantic.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

i hate that hannity uses the phrase "the majority of americans" in support of trump

If he actually said that, he lied.
Surprise.

But the majority of those who call themselves Republicans do seem to do so. And everyone knows that only Republicans are actually American.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   

"no one cares about"?

you mean those, right?

That's an extremely iffy claim. That'd be less than a force of 80,000...

Please tell me your source isn't Facebook or a meme.

wiki, actually. en.wikipedia.org...

it was in my mind because of some of the bikers i know. proud, gung ho patriots that never served types. the kind of guys that hate gays, but love spartans because all they know is 300 (spartans were mostly gay, btw). yeah, those kinda guys.
i knew it was wrong when i wrote it, i just wanted to continue to arguement.

i should apologize for that.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Have you ever heard of lawsuits ?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Yes.

So has Trump, believe it or not. In this country you can sue just about anyone for just about anything.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

You forgot to add that lawsuits aren’t unconstitutional and could be the best instrument to reign in the press . Of course that would probably have to go through the federal courts maybe even the supreme court and all that pesky constitutional stuff .

I was just afraid you were drawing a stereotype of all conservative deplorable‘s spitting out their wads of chewing tobacco grabbing their assault rifles and confederate flags. Then climbing into their monster trucks to go attack CNN and what not .

I’m glad we cleared that up .
edit on 25-9-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   

You forgot to add that lawsuits are unconstitutional

Really? I did not know that.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Typo

I was impressed that you had to edit your response to me. Passed your usual one line . Do I get a chance to edit a typo ?

Or do you declare victory ?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Right. But the thing is that the presidency is special, and the Framers knew that because they invented the system.
The president is not a representative, he is an administrator. Elected by the states, not by the people.

It's too bad Congress has given the president so much power.

goddamn Phage! What does it say about me that I mostly disagree with you, but right now you're reading my mind?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Nah.
You win.

Good thing edits are allowed though. Right?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun
That you too have critical thinking skills?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join