It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Dynamics is at it again. Atlas now does gymnastics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Please tell me y’all know these are fake. Right? Am I ruining a joke here like a jackalope mount or something?
Since we are looking for real explanations, denying ignorance, blah blah.

youtu.be...

That's a spoof video put together by some vfx guys with their own youtube channel.

My bad then. The video wouldn’t load so I assumed it was one of the fakes that get passed around like they are real.
The video I posted shows how they did that one, and the dog kicking one along with robot fights back are all faked. They claim to be Boston Dynamics like the title says here.
If I remember right even the real robot test have wires attached they edit out of the real videos

Early on, most all of Boston Dynamics larger robots had umbilical cords. As far as I know, they are all running off of the umbilical now.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX
Until I start hearing about the real-life, practical applications for things like this, I'll choose to remain unimpressed.

The military laughs out loud at this comment!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Just add some dakka and they be ready to go,

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

They have gone beyond that some time ago.

Here is the sales page for "Spot" by the same people.

Look at the others on the site for where they are now.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oddly enough I just got finished watching this just before hopping on here, it's a promotional video for the launch of Spot that was only published today;

It's crazy stuff, the stuff in OP is just downright scary!

edit on 24/9/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I want one to bring me beer from the fridge. An Atlas would be cool for mowing the lawn and doing yard work.

I don't find it scary. I find people scary. Technologies threats only lie in who is controlling it.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

You linked a parody video. These are not fake.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: chiefsmom

A suitable amount of high explosive. Drop a rock on it. Jam its onboard processors.
I'm sure there are other ways.

Marbles on the floor? Tossing a piano wire net at it? Distracting it with a sexy lady robot?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

There is a new social issue to consider. People who bully robots. See from about 1:24 on.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Pack everything up... take off... and nuke it from space. It is the only to be sure.

-Ripley, Alien, 1979

Words that were true in my youth and are still relevant today!

Those BD vids are the “best of” and do not show the numerous failures. The point when they are hooked to an “off body computer storage system” that can coordinate them for a like purpose is when I will start to worry.

That seems to be the way that the military is headed...

... sweet dreams!!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX
Until I start hearing about the real-life, practical applications for things like this, I'll choose to remain unimpressed.

Well, imagine 50,000 of them, but the version 20 years from now, heavily armed on the battlefield...or your hometown.

That's the real life (and death) implication -erm, I mean, application.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker
That thing looks like a giant dancing roach-bug and it's creeping me out. Make it stop!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Boston Dynamics Systems Model 101.

Cybernetic organism, Living tissue over metal endoskeleton.

I have bad breath even.......and it all started when I mastered your human gymnastics.....

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oddly enough I just got finished watching this just before hopping on here, it's a promotional video for the launch of Spot that was only published today;

It's crazy stuff, the stuff in OP is just downright scary!

Boston Dynamic needs to separate military and civilian sector robots with different coding. This is going to turn bad to worst. Military and civilian robotics should not follow the same coding and system. Shall not be linked. "Resistance is futile."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join