It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Prominent Scientists warn U.N.---There is NO Climate Emergency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Absolutely it is.

That is what people should be harping about, not this "the climate is changing, we're all doomed unless we raise this amount of money to funnel into something that will cure the world."

Make the problem manageable. Pollution is manageable.

Climate change is a natural process. It happens constantly. Sometimes on a global scale, sometimes not. It'll happen no matter the amount of taxes raised, or scary proclamations made by scared children.

Reduce the issue to a manageable scale. Which that does. Then go from there. It must really be rocket science...

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Careful now, this is libel to get thunberg back to wagging her finger at the baaaad men. How dare people disagree with what the puppet says. Maybe this time she can squeeze out a tear or two.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is important to question the veracity of scientists who promote the theory of man-caused climate change. Just as important is to question the veracity of those scientists who promote that there is no climate crisis.

Choosing from the offered list of signers to this letter I found ''Professor Richard Lindzen'' from the USA.

Proffessor Lindzen has long been in the forefront of those who claim that climate change is a fraud. After his time at MIT he went to work for the Cato Institute. The Cato Institute is a think tank established and heavily funded by the Koch brothers well known for their ties to the petroleum industry. Lindzen is now 79 and has not changed his opinion on climate change in over thirty years. For me, questioning his veracity is founded in his work for known conservative and anti climate change political groups.

en.wikipedia.org...-reviewed_papers

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We have no emergency, but we have to start taking actions to curb our negative impact on the earth. We have to stop killing nature. CO2 emmissions are not as important as conservation, and we need to stop destroying the environment to make new things that are more energy efficient but only stay that way for a few years. The whole energy efficient thing is a sales scam to get people to buy new energy efficient things which when created polute way more than what is being replaced many times. Make things to last many years and quit using ecology to increase economic profiles. They have been deceiving people about this for years, buy new and improved does not always mean better for the environment.

Destroying the soils to grow things to make fuel out of depletes the soils and that is very unwise. I would rather see coal fired efficient power plants than natural gas ones too, my reason is I observe the whole ecological impact, not just look at one little thing.

The whole climate change agenda is a scam to increase money flow to businesses and the people overseeing things, and to fuel research by scientists who make up things to show the climate change is real.

Quit buying things you do not need, try to not waste energy, do not keep making many trips to the stores, consolidate your automobile trips. When I was in my teens and twenties, most people averaged four to five thousand miles a year on their cars. Now, it is not uncommon for people to put ten to twenty thousand miles or more on a year. That is getting rediculous, people do not conserve more if cars get more efficient. Electric vehicles are not that environmentally friendly as we are led to believe they are. It is a sales pitch, people easily believe things that are not true. Look at all the fuel used by Jets, we need to be satisfied just staying in our local areas.

Food grown locally does not have to be shipped so far and we do not need so much selection of foods in the stores, sales pitches come in all kinds, avacados are not as good for us as they say, California led that sales scam.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
THe ipcc will have to add Solar Forcing to their climate model for the first time in 2020.
This new info will give the world an actual look at climate conditions on Earth.
The Sun is boss and our future is not hotter.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Let me guess, you invest in oil and are looking forward to that a reply to that new shipping channel through the arctic.
: queenofswords

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

when and how did CLINTEL ask for money or taxes or funding of any kind?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Two things about this 'post'.

First is that the original point of entry seems to be Breitbart a very right-wing source.

And two, from the actual letter

clintel.nl...

It is not signed by '500 Scientists' but by fourteen.

A Shell Oil person with no background in biology or climate.

Augustinus Johannes "Guus" Berkhout (born 1940) is a Dutch engineer. He has worked for Shell in the oil- and gas industry and served as professor of acoustics, geophysics and innovation management at Delft University of Technology between 1976 and 2007. From 2000 to 2002 he was chair of a commission dealing with projected sound norms at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, from which he resigned after feeling the commission's independence was undermined by the Ministry for Transport and Water Management.

Reynald Du Berger who's claim to fame seems to be the desmog blog. Also with no background in life sciences.

Professor Richard Lindzen USA who has atmosphereic cred but is an outlier in the field.

insideclimatenews.org...

Ingemar Nordin , born 1949, is professor emeritus at the Department of Culture and Communication (IKK) at Linköping University . [ 1 ]

Again, no life sciences background.

Terry Dunleavy New Zealand appears to be a vintner not a scientist of any sort.

One Jim O’Brien Irish Republic - maybe a footballer or brexiteer.

Viv Forbes Australia appears to run the website carbon-sense.com... and has appeared on the desmog blog.

The list goes on.

This is total without merit and I'm sorry I wasted the time checking it out. I find it is always a good idea to check stuff out.

BTW Gus Berkhout, the first signature, is a co-founder of the Clintel site.

My assessment - it's an Oil Industry mis-information/proganda site and nothing more.
edit on 24-9-2019 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And the KOCH brothers are so much worse than George Soros, who is Greta Thunberg's backer?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And the KOCH brothers are so much worse than George Soros, who is Greta Thunberg's backer?

Lazy - why don't you do the research and let us know.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Funny how I didn't see this in the mainstream news 'streams'. Wonder why.

I am shocked!

Not.. :-/

The headlines have become so so so over the top sensational, it seems especially in the last 2 or 3 weeks it is escalating. Even the 'normies' not into conspiracy s# at my job are like 'wtf, this is ridiculous. We aren't stupid. Obvious emotional propaganda is obvious' And this even comes from kids younger than 25.

There is hope

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
CO2 makes up .4% of green house gases. O2 at 40% and 60% nitrogen. Do they think we are stupid enough to think that .4% controls temperatures. hahahahaha f**** moron dipsh17s.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

here you go

www.thegatewaypundit.com... -george-soros/

easily found with a simple search.

So who do I believe...Koch Brothers who make my living easy with oil and oil products or George Soros who likes to manipulate the stock market. Gee thats a hard one

How about believing the scientists who claim there is no proof of anthopogenic climate change over those who keep manipulating the data to hide the fact that their climate models are crap and so are they?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Just further, the ONE Foundations isn't just funded by George Soros. Its also funded by Bono and Bill Gates. People who were lucky enough to make large sums of money and who now feels that they are entitled to tell us how to live our lives.

Cute

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ambassado12
CO2 makes up .4% of green house gases. O2 at 40% and 60% nitrogen. Do they think we are stupid enough to think that .4% controls temperatures. hahahahaha f**** moron dipsh17s.

Neither oxygen or nitrogen are greenhouse gases.

Apart from water vapor, CO2 is the predominant greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. It makes up about 3.6% of greenhouse gasses. But, unlike water vapor, the atmospheric concentration of CO2 is not temperature dependent. It just keeps increasing.
edit on 9/24/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

500 Prominent Scientists warn U.N.---There is NO Climate Emergency

True Spartans
And I wager none are so-called "Climate Scientists" , but are true science members.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not really. But then, there aren't 500 of them either.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Gothmog

Not really. But then, there aren't 500 of them either.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whatever the number , they are not "fake" scientists
"The Cult of Climatology"
Wasnt that a song ?

edit on 9/24/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The Sky is Yellow , the Sun is Blue . I Think We are All being Conned , and So Do You ............

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

You seem to be caught up with the ''us''or ''them'' syndrome. I did not suggest that Koch was worse or better than Soros, just that at least that scientist has just as questionable a bias as those speaking for Soros.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join