It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg at climate action summit.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
To the ones saying the world is about to end, why are you here arguing? Shouldnt you be working on your bucket list? Spending time with your family? Cancelling all your insurance? Taking out a bunch of loans? Remortaging your house? Buying a bunker? Having as much sex as possible? You could be leaving metal engravings behind just in case another species evolves so that they could learn from our extinction.

Seriously, if you think the world is about to end and everything you love will be destroyed, shouldnt you be rioting and like... trying to forcefully shut down coal plants and oil rigs? Why are you wasting what little time you have to argue with me, some moron on the internet? Did I make the global warming? I dont even own a freaking car.

There has to be something better you could do with your last 10 years. You're acting pretty calm for someone who thinks everything is about to be destroyed. Your actions don't match your words very well. I'd be panicking if I believed it. If I thought the world would end in 10 years I would be running down the middle of the street screaming at the top of my lungs. I wouldnt be talking about anything else. I wouldnt care who was deported or what some celebrity tweeted 15 years ago. I wouldnt be switching on a computer or a cellphone if I thought our energy use was killing us.

I dont understand you at all.
edit on 9/25/2019 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: revswim
To the ones saying the world is about to end, why are you here arguing? Shouldnt you be working on your bucket list? Spending time with your family? Cancelling all your insurance? Taking out a bunch of loans? Remortaging your house? Buying a bunker? Having as much sex as possible? You could be leaving metal engravings behind just in case another species evolves so that they could learn from our extinction.

Seriously, if you think the world is about to end and everything you love will be destroyed, shouldnt you be rioting and like... trying to forcefully shut down coal plants and oil rigs? Why are you wasting what little time you have to argue with me, some moron on the internet? Did I make the global warming? I dont even own a freaking car.

There has to be something better you could do with your last 10 years. You're acting pretty calm for someone who thinks everything is about to be destroyed. Your actions don't match your words very well. I'd be panicking if I believed it. If I thought the world would end in 10 years I would be running down the middle of the street screaming at the top of my lungs. I wouldnt be talking about anything else. I wouldnt care who was deported or what some celebrity tweeted 15 years ago. I wouldnt be switching on a computer or a cellphone if I thought our energy use was killing us.

I dont understand you at all.

Those who have accepted JC have nothing to fear.
Those who have accepted JC do not value materialistic possession.
Those who have accepted JC do not deliberately rip others of ( loans etc ) as you stated.
Those who have accepted JC don't riot.

Seriously, a public forum is the best way to reach other people, this is the only thing those who have accepted JC need to be doing.

Hope you understand now.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i.imgur.com...

Christians dont riot, huh? Explain riots in majority Christian countries. None of them could possibly be real Christians? Those who follow Jesus don't care about material possessions, so explain the Pope and the Queen and the TV (gospel of prosperity) preacher spending millions on a luxury jet. You can't do it without a No True Scotsman argument. It turns into circular reasoning. Christians don't panic when they think they are going to die so if someone does they must not be Christian. A bunch of self congratulatory bull, empty platitudes. Yeah I guess Christians have never done anything wrong, they don't ever rip people off, they don't fear, they must never sin. Listen buddy, there was one Jesus and you ain't him. You have flaws like everyone else. You don't always behave Christ-like. Some Christians when they are dying, they will feel fear. Even Jesus seemed to feel things about dying, "My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Thats what I'm talking about. My point stand. Where are the stages of grief? If people think they are about to die but they aren't reacting as if they are terminal, you are saying they must be Christian? The climate change scientists? The Clintons? AOC? They're just super into Jesus? Great argument bro. I totally don't think you shoehorn your religion into every conversation. Not one bit.
edit on 9/25/2019 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: blueman12

So we should be going after places like CHina and India then, right? They are the biggest polluters in the world.

"But..but...butt they do it too!!!!" Lmao.... cool so the u.s being "the greatest nation in the world" should lead by example...you know like its freaking suppose to. Putting your heads back up your collective asses doesn't solve the issue. Then you republi#s wonder why a teenager would make the speech they did on climate change.

But no. It's not because said teenager is actually worried they may not have a sustainable planet to live on in a couple decades (because of the rights constant denial in the face of actual science)no....can't be... its obviously the left manufacturing emotional outrage by having a 16 y/o present facts.

Just to be clear I don't have the answers for climate change. As im sure no one on this site does... however, pointing fingers at another nation as a reason why we shouldn't do anything about it is as dumb as it comes. But hey, deny ignorance and all LMFAO

Bonus round!
So if climate change is actually focused on in a few years and steps are taken to mitigate the situation, will the majority of ats and trumpsters love it or leave it?..... asking for a friend of course.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Personally I find it a bit embarrassing that some people need schooled on climate change by teenagers...
That’s fine, you are entitled to your embarrassment.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: CthruU

I think Greta is great! If you listen to her Ted talk she makes a great argument:

Fossil fuel will soon be obsolete. The Chinese are spending billions on creating new sources of energy:

China spending US$3.3 billion on molten salt nuclear reactors for faster aircraft carriers and in flying drones

The Indians and Japanese are spending just as much money on LFTR research. Someone is going to solve the energy crisis. And the German's have their Stellerator which is amazing!
Um yah I remember how the leftist nuclear freeze movement fearmongered that we were all
Going to die of radiation poisoning... now it’s co2.... same fearmongering different energy.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: revswim
i.imgur.com...

Christians dont riot, huh? Explain riots in majority Christian countries. None of them could possibly be real Christians? Those who follow Jesus don't care about material possessions, so explain the Pope and the Queen and the TV (gospel of prosperity) preacher spending millions on a luxury jet. You can't do it without a No True Scotsman argument. It turns into circular reasoning. Christians don't panic when they think they are going to die so if someone does they must not be Christian. A bunch of self congratulatory bull, empty platitudes. Yeah I guess Christians have never done anything wrong, they don't ever rip people off, they don't fear, they must never sin. Listen buddy, there was one Jesus and you ain't him. You have flaws like everyone else. You don't always behave Christ-like. Some Christians when they are dying, they will feel fear. Even Jesus seemed to feel things about dying, "My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Thats what I'm talking about. My point stand. Where are the stages of grief? If people think they are about to die but they aren't reacting as if they are terminal, you are saying they must be Christian? The climate change scientists? The Clintons? AOC? They're just super into Jesus? Great argument bro. I totally don't think you shoehorn your religion into every conversation. Not one bit.

Depends on your definition of Christian -

Real Christians don't go to churches that idolize graven images.
The christians your refering to are not christian except by self identification which is not remotely christian in reality.

The "pope" and "Queen" are no more Christian than satan himself in actuality for reasons described above, and the popes church is well - self explanatory or at least should be to anyone with half a brain.
Your understanding of what a Christian is is UNDERSTANDABLY corrupt.
Hope some day you see past your PRE PROGRAMMING.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

No to Hogg. Shes needs Hansel.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Is that what the kid is about. Never actually watched her video.

But ya, in the history of things. Well more things have been scams more so then not, the whole vietnam war touted as it was sure sold a a lot of heroin, so did the Iraq war were soldiers were guarding the poopy fields, and cant forget all that lithium in the ground either. Or how about when they got all diesel vehicles out there to take in urea in the DEF tanks because it was supposed to cut out on exhaust pollution and save the green house.

And as everybody knows urea is just piss and water mixed. I think that conversation went along the lines, "You know we got all this piss water just hanging around the sewers and plants from all these people? How can we make a billion dollars a year with it? Oh I know. How about we can sell it back to them" And cue in the media and crusaders for a better world on the tubes.

And now years later, presto the world is a better place because of it.

Ah! Just joking, not much has changed. I would say that mankind would be extinct thousands of years ago if there were any actual and real issues out there or if the climate were not accommodating for these past hundreds of thousands of years to human life and habitats. Well one day there will be climate change, and many of the hairless monkey kind will go bye bye, billions and billions likley. Or who knows, it wont likley be good. Or maybe it would. Just depends on how you look at it.

And I dont think this brilliant tax hike will save any of you. It wont even stop people or companies in this carbon footprint thing, would be as effective as the war on drugs was. That is not at all. And even all the things the kid is talking about you can do even without an extra tax, things like electric cars or other such things are on the rise, and a bunch of other things, wind turbines and the whole lot have been tried and in some places it worked, in others? Not so much.

But no matter the technology, or what color people decide to assign to it, green, purple, red or whatever. All of which will just create there own distinct problems eventually.

Its why the hydrogen engine was out for what at least a hundreds or so years, but thats a no no. Gas powered is actually not near as bad as some other technologies out there could have been and are in the long run, in terms of pollution or impact on local environments.

People think spewing some co2 is bad, try spewing water vapor at those rates or using up fresh water at those rates, and boy oh boy can that make for some great comedy when everybody fights over water instead of oil.

But then again. It would be comedic gold in a way. So, oh, ya. Climate change is real, and will come regardless. How people deal with it when it does happen. Well thats another matter. Of that there is no doubt. I think they categorized this whole climate change in the wrong forum or department. First of all should not even be in politics, and second of all, climate change an pollution while they may sound like the same thing. Are sometimes almost conected as if by accident.

Local ecosystems can be effected. Just look at india and its mountains of trash. But I dont think india or even china is going to be effecting the global climate any time soon, will likely go extinct even if they tried covering the whole earth in trash and smog.

And in both cases likley wont even put a dent in the planets natural ebb and flow. But may effect peoples lifestyles thats for sure. This whole thing is in the wrong forum in real life. Who are the dumbasses that put it in politics forum? Theres your problem. To many people goofing around. Cant even categorize something right. And yet they think there going to change the climate? Talk about pipe dreams.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
Have you guys seen pictures of this girl's family?
Poor thing has been fed sh*t her whole life and regurgitates assburgers when she speaks.
How did exploiting little girls with Aspbergers get to be so popular in the public spotlight?
You can see her syndrome (impassioned anger) when she speaks.
Other magnetic orators have used facial expressions to invoke emotional responses.
Like back in the 1920's & 30's. Remember impassioned rhetoric from Joseph & Adolph?

ganjoa

Lol

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
im pro climate change protesting, something needs to be done but i can not warm to this child.

she lives in a world of pure (and i hate this term) privilege.

she took a solar powered boat to new york, now many normal everyday families can do that ( the fact they flew out a team to take the boat back is another story).

she is alienating those she should be getting on board and celebrities who are a the end of the day hypercritical like having pictures with her, do it for the publicity, think the Obama photo shoot.

she bemoans people eating non local grown food and trys to guilt trip people, shes never been in a poor family that have to eat or use what ever they can, and fact is organic, local grown Jesus personally packaged food, is more expensive than imported food, when you have a small budget for food, and you dont want to starve you buy cheap, so your children have full bellies, she reminds me of jamie oliver lecturing poor families for not eating organic chickens, even though the family tired to explain to him they cant afford it, or they can buy one chick but thats it.

i definitely dont agree with some of the things people have said about her, including a man saying if we have to take her seriously, its ok for epstein to rape girls (yeah that happened).
but she ;lives in a fantasy world, where her parents can afford expensive things, organic foods, and can pay for a boat to new york.

a normal family with zero knowledge of boating, especially across the atlantic can not and should not be doing what shes doing, she had a team to help her.
when she travelled by train to england from europe, she could afford it and have the time. an average family with a week off for a holiday can not do that, espeically when you can get a flight as cheap as £4 with ryan air.
maybe we need to look at prices of organic food and and renewable energy and i do believe we need to look at it, but she is not the anser to it and i find people are being turned off climate change because of her attitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join