It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Supreme Court Rules Prorogation was Unlawful

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Dear England,

Scotland isn't prepared to give you the Brexit you voted for.

What are you going to do about it? Are you all mouth or what?

Give us independence and all this pain and anguish can be over and you can become the isolated, racist banana monarchy you aspire to be.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Dear England,

Scotland isn't prepared to give you the Brexit you voted for.

What are you going to do about it? Are you all mouth or what?

Give us independence and all this pain and anguish can be over and you can become the isolated, racist banana monarchy you aspire to be.

Dear Scotland,
England takes note of your lack of democracy in not allowing the majority of voters what they voted for just because most were English. What we will do is to refuse permission for another generation to have another referendum because you seem to want to ignore its results when it suits you. You ignore the results of OUR referendum and we will ignore the results of any you manage to organise .......

Of course, you can declare independence illegally like some banana republic, then experience hyperinflation when your new currency plummets in value after the EU refused admission to the Euro zone because of your lack of legal status.

WE will wait until a new election returns the Conservative Party with such a sweeping working majority that the SNP will be reduced to being even more irrelevant to politics than it is now.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The initial act of tying to usurp democracy was a number of MPs voting and acting against the majorities of the constituencies by repeatedly sabotaging all attempts to carry out the people’s referendum vote.

In that context Boris’ attempt to usurp the influence of these MPs in parliament could well be seen as fighting fire with fire.

edit on 24-9-2019 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Let's have a vote on ATS, who thinks this is unfair?

Don't worry we'll keep asking until we get the result we want.....

Anyone calling this anything other than undemocratic hasn't got a clue. This is ALL about Brexit, the entire thing. They are trying, and succeeding to make the Tories out to be a bunch of lawless, ideological nutbags.

They're willing to throw the 17.5 million reprobate in too. Only remainers know what they're voting for, see.

Remainers know exactly what their parties manifestos say and who their MPs are. They know all about parliamentary procedures and customs. . . . Oh wait, no they don't. They're just as ignorant as those on the leave side.... Don't worry, the remain intelligencia will sort that out. All brexiteers had no idea what they were voting for, its simply unfair to have a brexit, they were dupes..

ONLY remain knew what would happen, all of them, the whole voter base, they're super smart, see, and so they have cancelled the referendum result as a courtesy to us idiots. Phew. Thank God....
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's OK, it's all part of Boris's cunning plan. This resounding defeat means that he's going to be able to tap in to the traditional British sympathy with the underdog.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn But I must say, that aside, that was quite a decent overview of our system. You seem to have a better understanding of how our process is supposed to work than many Brits.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
It's OK, it's all part of Boris's cunning plan. This resounding defeat means that he's going to be able to tap in to the traditional British sympathy with the underdog.

How does gaining more support amongst voters help him to fulfil his promise to have the UK leave the EU by October 31st? Unless he is planning to rehash Mrs May's deal and get it passed before that date (good luck with that!), he faces having to resign because he broke his promise. Opposition parties are not going to commit suicide by forcing a vote of no confidence that would lead to a general election because they know the Tory party's high in the polls and the Labour party would get wiped out in Labour Leaver areas.

You also beg the question that he is still an underdog. He may have been up till now, but he has lost sympathy with even some Tory loyalists and Labour Leavers, who have been duped by the media's lies about the reason for his suspension of parliament.

I see no cunning plan. All I see is just a long series of blunders by an inept clown who is swimming out of his depth and who has not got a clue about how to extricate himself from the mess he has got himself into.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I always saw him more as Melchett than a Baldrick but you might be right.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi
Nothing in what the opponents have done so far does actually successfully block an extreme case Brexit, which is why they wanted the patliamentary time- to explore other ways of doing it. Since the EU leaders themselves are not interested in offering an extension, I can see him gritting his teeth and delivering a Brexit of some sort, one way or another.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot
Are you old enough to remember Harry Worth?
It's just occurred to me that a line i remember (from a wedding episode) could be very appropriate.
"Are you the Best Man?"
"Let's just say that I'm the best man they could find."

P.S.

edit on 24-9-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
edit on 25-9-2019 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The majority of the British people voted out of the EU and you think it’s all about Boris

No. The majority of people who were eligible to vote and turned up voted out of the EU.

And they've never agreed what that actually meant.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther

Oh give it a rest!!! Cancelled our democracy? You really irritate me beyond belief OSOTC.

MPS WERE NOT ACTING DEMOCRATICALLY ON OUR BEHALF TRYING TO POSTPONE AND CANCEL BREXIT WHEN WE VOTED FOR IT. ALLOWING THEM TO ‘SCRUTINISE’ IT JUST ALLOWED THEM TO CONTINUE TO FRUSTRATE THE DECISION.

Clear enough for you ^

The Government runs the country with the permission of Parliament, with the judiciary overseeing both of them.

Clear enough for you?

That is the basic principle of the British constitution and parliamentary system.

MPs are not mandated. They are not our delegates. They are our representatives.

Clear enough for you?

That is another basic principle of the British constitution and parliamentary system.

Yes, we voted to leave the EU and take back control.

This is what control looks like.

You haven't stopped to ask why Parliament has so much power while we are still in the EU.

You haven't stopped to think why the Government cannot take this case to the European Courts.

You haven't stopped to think why an unelected Prime Minister wanted to sideline Parliament.

Clear enough for you?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Raggedyman

yeah need to realise though that this isn't so much about Brexit.

Its the principle here, Boris tried to basically shut up parliament, he was in effect cancelling democracy for 5 weeks because it would be easier for the government not to face parliamentary (public) scrutiny.

I think its really important to look at this without the "B" word because its about much more than that.

I didn’t mention Brexit

I mentioned the British parliament being dictated to by the EU
Democracy being forced to submit to oligarchs and Britainnsmiling while bent over being served a nasty one by the Europeans

No brexit from me at all

It seems Boris tried to shut down whatever because they were serving oligarchs and the EU ignoring the voting public

Don’t cloud your failed system by constantly mentioning brexit and saying don’t mention brexit, that’s just dumb

It’s about the British public getting screwed by greedy politicians and globalism, nothing else

Nah. It's exactly what you voted for. Taking back control so Parliament can make its own laws.

You've been sold a pup and there's worse to come.

Ask yourself what Boris means by making Britain a truly global trading nation.

Ask yourself what the Indians, for example, have already said will be a condition of a trade deal.

Ask yourself what will stop Boris selling the NHS to US healthcare companies.

It's what you voted for.

edit on 25-9-2019 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Apologies in advance,this has turned into a bit of a rant.

I am watching the degenerate scoundrels who call themselves our politicians on TV right now.
My opinion on Brexit is irrelevant at this time.
I am just about fed up with their behaviour.
Its been brewing since I was a kid in the 1970s,but I think I may just have to act and set up a petition in an attempt to get some things sorted out.

The thing that I find unacceptable is the way all sides of the house scream and leer at one another while someone tries to make a point.
They behave like a bunch of feral football hooligans who have had too much drink and drugs.
They are supposed to be our representatives,yet their behaviour is worse than anyone I have met in real life,except for career alcoholics or class A drug abusers.

On to my petition and possible solution:
My petition,should I decide to create it,will be something like this-

A petition to remove the position of "speaker of the house"and replace it with shock collars to be made mandatory for anyone in the job of politician,to be worn in the houses of parliment at any time of any debate.
The shock collars will be similar to those (cruelly IMO)used on dogs for training purposes,however the voltage will be somewhat higher.
They shall be used to"train"our politicians to be civil,and shall be activated each and every time any politician starts any form of the above mentioned behaviour.

Now I know people love to watch our politicians act rowdy and leery,but to those people I ask you-Would you not get more enjoyment from watching them get a short sharp electric shock to shut them TF up when they start with the BS leering and shouting?
Plus we get rid of the speaker position,its win win folks.

The system could be automated by some kind of computer system,or I would save the country money for that ,and do it for free.

Is it worth me submitting this petition?
Would anyone sign up for it?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Raggedyman

yeah need to realise though that this isn't so much about Brexit.

Its the principle here, Boris tried to basically shut up parliament, he was in effect cancelling democracy for 5 weeks because it would be easier for the government not to face parliamentary (public) scrutiny.

I think its really important to look at this without the "B" word because its about much more than that.

I didn’t mention Brexit

I mentioned the British parliament being dictated to by the EU
Democracy being forced to submit to oligarchs and Britainnsmiling while bent over being served a nasty one by the Europeans

No brexit from me at all

It seems Boris tried to shut down whatever because they were serving oligarchs and the EU ignoring the voting public

Don’t cloud your failed system by constantly mentioning brexit and saying don’t mention brexit, that’s just dumb

It’s about the British public getting screwed by greedy politicians and globalism, nothing else

Nah. It's exactly what you voted for. Taking back control so Parliament can make its own laws.

You've been sold a pup and there's worse to come.

Ask yourself what Boris means by making Britain a truly global trading nation.

Ask yourself what the Indians, for example, have already said will be a condition of a trade deal.

Ask yourself what will stop Boris selling the NHS to US healthcare companies.

It's what you voted for.

I didn’t vote for that
Blame me, it’s not my mess

Listen, a referendum was held, the majority said exit, it hasn’t happened, it probably won’t

The NHS would have been sold out to someone else by someone else eventually, it’s irrelevant re the referendum and may not happen
India have made a trade deal, good for them, they are not in the EU

I don’t care about Boris’s global trading nation, he might not get parliamentary support and booted next election

What I said and still say
The referendum from the people has been overturned by oligarchs, you are bemoaning what may happen, I am stating what is happening

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

a reply to: micpsi
Nothing in what the opponents have done so far does actually successfully block an extreme case Brexit, which is why they wanted the patliamentary time- to explore other ways of doing it. Since the EU leaders themselves are not interested in offering an extension, I can see him gritting his teeth and delivering a Brexit of some sort, one way or another.

You seem oblivious of Hilary Benn's bill that was passed. It makes it illegal for the government to allow a hard Brexit by forcing the prime minister to seek an extension before October 31 if no new deal is agreed by parliament.
It simply is not true that the EU leaders won't allow another extension. Macron has been threatening that, but the others will overrule him and there is every likelihood that they will allow yet another extension, although a fat lot of good that will do. The opposition won't agree to an election until after October 31 because they suspect the government would have a quick election and, if they win with a working majority, repeal the Benn Bill before this date, thereby allowing a hard Brexit. This seems to me a pure fantasy - an excuse that hides their desire to avoid an election that polls say they will lose.
edit on 26-9-2019 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Yes, please do.
Can we have public participation in the computerised system, please?
We can click to electrocute - enough clicks triggers the shock.. the more clicks the higher the voltage.
Great idea.

edit on 26/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Just when we thought you'd learnt the art of reasoned discussion and debate you revert to your default setting of spouting bigoted, moronic nonsense.

It must be incredibly draining being consumed with such hatred.

edit on 26/9/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I wonder how long it would take for me to develop Repetitive Strain Injury in my index finger?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join