It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Supreme Court Rules Prorogation was Unlawful

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
If only there was a higher court Boris could run too. What's the European courts of justice up to these days?

Thats a joke, right? A joke. You joked. Jokester!

Of course, lets call up the European Court of Justice! (meme:Why haven't I thought about this earlier?)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You mentioned the Speaker meeting with party leaders. They would not want to interrupt the Labour Party Conference, and I guess they would be fair-minded enough to allow the Conservative Conference to happen. So I predict a compromise for the week following the last of the conferences.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
If only there was a higher court Boris could run too. What's the European courts of justice up to these days?

But...no.
Unacceptable...leave means leave !
We demand British sovereignty, British courts, making British decisions and British Laws....

Seriously though, Bojo should pack up his bags and go.
Lying to a Monarch ...acting unlawfully.
Time to go Bojo

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Just the way I see it mate , the establishment don't want Brexit so they use all the tricks in the book to stop Brexit.
Their Lordships are very much a part of the establishment , the majority who voted leave have seen their decision thwarted at every turn by both houses of Parliament working against them.

Honestly I do think that for the Brexiteers there has to come a point where you look around and ask yourself if actually, the hard no-deal Brexit thats being sold by the government against the will of parliament might not be all its cracked up to be.

The threat of a hard Brexit was an important negotiating tool , nobody wants it but if the EU don't agree to a mutually beneficial deal it would be the only option , a hard Brexit would have implications for both the EU and UK.

I've long believed our Democracy is little more than an illusion , this farce has solidified that belief.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Just listening to the speaker.

Parliament is to be recalled tomorrow and will sit at 11:30. There will be no PMQ’s but there will be provisions for ministers to issue statements and respond to urgent questions and applications to be made for emergency debates under standing order 24.

Am guessing Boris will have a plane to catch

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

Dear remainers: I wouldn’t shout too loudly that you voted to remain in the local pub or in the street when this all goes tits up, you might be in for a very very nasty surprise. This is not going to end well.

What do you think will happen if brexit doesn't happen?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Another little update

Corbyn is going to give his leadership speech at the labour conference earlier so he can be sitting in parliament tomorrow morning.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Maybe politics is not for Boris, we know they all lie, perhaps Boris is just not able to keep abrest of his untruths unlike the majority of MPs

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Boris done this to stop the people of the UK holding parliament to account through the sovereign parliament of the UK.

....erm....he more than once offered a General Election so WE THE PEOPLE could vote....all the other parties refused

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Boris done this to stop the people of the UK holding parliament to account through the sovereign parliament of the UK.

....erm....he more than once offered a General Election so WE THE PEOPLE could vote....all the other parties refused

He also offered it because he could retrospectively change the date.

The opposition are open to a general election once a extension has been secured.

That however is a separate issue

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
A very sad day for the rule of law in our country.
I was hoping that the anti-Democratic remainer efforts would not infest the higest court in our land, but alas.

Boris should fight - in this case by simply proroguing Parliament again, this time with a clear statement to the Queen on record as to the reason.

The problem our country now faces is that politics are in the hands of 11 people in the SC. They could just as well rule an election illegal without any evidence or needing to cite any law.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are equating this judgement with overturning the vote for Brexit.

The primary reason I voted to leave the EU was to re-assert UK sovereignty.
This ruling means that in accordance with UK Law Boris Johnson's proroguing of Parliament was unlawful.....that has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on Brexit and at present there is no legal or moral reason why we shouldn't leave on 31st of October.

I don't think anyone can now argue that Boris Johnson didn't act in accordance with the law and this ruling HAS to be respected.
Only Boris Johnson will ever know for sure if he did in fact lie to The Queen.
Where that leaves him as Prime Minister I have no idea.....but that's nothing to do with Brexit.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Indeed.
Remainers are holding this country hostage - on behalf of the EU.
edit on 24/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
To put it bluntly Johnson, without the mandate of parliament, was behaving and acting like a dictator. You all of course no that term? If he was allowed to get away with that, what next?
Another couple of men did the same thing in the 1930s, take a little bit, no one objects. Then take a lot.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That’s what I keep saying, take the “B” word out of this, take the politics of leave/remain out of it and it’s a totally reasonable judgement.

Nice to be agreeing with you again lol

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I shouldn't be surprised that people from all sides of the argument are taking what they wish from this ruling in order to push their own agenda's.

I really don't understand why people think this is any type of ruling on the validity, or not, of the EU referendum.....it's simply saying that according to UK Law Boris Johnson acted unlawfully in proroguing Parliament.

I suspect we agree on more than which we disagree....it's just that we concentrate on the few things that divide us rather than the many things which unite us.

And respect is gained by actions rather than opinions.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Remainers are holding this country hostage - on behalf of the EU.

I fail to see how remainers have anything to do with this decision of the Court. The question put before the Court was if prorogation was legal. Their answer was "no". Unanimously. Last time I checked, there was not a single EU representative present there. They are figments of your imagination.

However, consider this: a person that intentionally ignores British Law, and clearly is not doing his job very well, may well do so intentionally to discredit the "leave" campaign. Johnson may be doing exactly the opposite of what you think he does. Or why else would a PM (!) hold the Courts in disregard?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Boris lied not only to you, but to parliament, to the rest of the people, the courts and the Queen.

Would not surprise me if Boris lied by order of the queen. Probably when reduced to zero money can be made or lost...by the ultra rich...of course.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

No I didn't

Judges rule Boris Proroguing Parliament is unlawful
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is pretty huge.

Even the words used in the other thread are the same...LOL LOL LOL

This is not the same thread, this is much, much bigger

This is huge!

LOL you'e doing the same dance like when you were on fire for Trump.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Please forgive my ignorance when it comes to British government, but I remember reading that this prorogation thing was pretty common whenever a new government was elected. Why was it unlawful this time? And wasn't Parliament on vacation anyway?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join