It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Tut's Headdress Symbols

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What does the Cobra stand for?

And the Eagle, or is it a vulture?

I think the first times I saw replicas of his iconic golden striped headdress with a cobra over the forehead was at the NY Museum of Nat History, and in the movie 'Mannequin'. I thought the movie was named mannequin and had King tut in the beginning, cause King Tut was the first mannequin ever, at least that's what I learned in like 2nd grade history.

The original bust of King Tut (the 1350bc one?) only has a Cobra.

Anyways I don't remember there being a bird next to the cobra and there is plenty of residue (ie, replicas, haloween costumes, etc) that have only the cobra too. But when I saw the bird in recent years I thought it was an eagle and stood for the West off center, and thus that the cobra stood for the East and center.

Having a hard time finding the actual significance, though. anyone knows?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:CairoEgMuseumTaaMaskMostlyPhotographed.jpg

Kind of looks like he had a trip to dairy queen on his mind, one of those sundays that come in a cup.

Click on the mask and tell me what you see that he has on his mind.
edit on 23-9-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Cobra and vulture signifying unification of Upper and Lower Egypt.

Uraeus

Info about the Cobra and Vulture on pic on right side. Interesting! I didn't know either, had to look around a bit.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

As above so it is below.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

It is kulundulinin energy rising. Thats what the snake is for.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Oh come on, people. The cobra (wadjet) and vulture (nekhbet) symbolize the lands he ruled over -- Upper and Lower Egypt. Wadjet was the protector of Lower Eqypt, as well as king and queens, and a plethora of other stuff. Nekhbet was the patron of Upper Egypt. Think of them as the patron saints of Egypt that, over time, became the depiction representation of unified Ancient Egypt.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Interpretation of headdress -

I'm a snake and a vulture, lower than a snakes belly in moral capacity and i will consume (vulture) your soul by imprisoning you as a slave and forcing you to be worked to death to fullfill my desires.

I am scum, no one loves me but i will force the world to remember me as my ancestors did by ruining your life.

This is the true translation of his headdress, if the truth actually be told.

edit on 24-9-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi
What does the Cobra stand for?

And the Eagle, or is it a vulture?

I think the first times I saw replicas of his iconic golden striped headdress with a cobra over the forehead was at the NY Museum of Nat History, and in the movie 'Mannequin'. I thought the movie was named mannequin and had King tut in the beginning, cause King Tut was the first mannequin ever, at least that's what I learned in like 2nd grade history.

The original bust of King Tut (the 1350bc one?) only has a Cobra.

Anyways I don't remember there being a bird next to the cobra and there is plenty of residue (ie, replicas, haloween costumes, etc) that have only the cobra too. But when I saw the bird in recent years I thought it was an eagle and stood for the West off center, and thus that the cobra stood for the East and center.

Having a hard time finding the actual significance, though. anyone knows?
I have always found Symbology an interesting topic, its as if The symbol takes on a value greater than itself.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

A snake on its own also symbolizes the underworld, and the actual passage to it, quite universal as a symbol.

Also hidden things.
edit on 24-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Theres still most drawings and illustrations have the cobra alone than a bird alongside it.

Peculiar.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:CairoEgMuseumTaaMaskMostlyPhotographed.jpg

Kind of looks like he had a trip to dairy queen on his mind, one of those sundays that come in a cup.

Click on the mask and tell me what you see that he has on his mind.

The other eye

He looks cross eyed lol

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni
Theres still most drawings and illustrations have the cobra alone than a bird alongside it.

Peculiar.

All the versions of the Nebty name for AE kings that I've ever seen have both the cobra and the vulture side by side in them and that part of the name always translates as something like "(he) who unites Upper and Lower Egypt."

Harte

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: letni

Peculiar.

That's because Wadjet's role as a goddess also includes "protector of the Pharaoh." (cobras were seen as protective entities in ancient Egypt.) You also see Wadjet associated with the sun disc on the headdress of a number of deities and it symbolized the power to strike down (as a cobra strikes) offenders.

top topics

join