It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Fanatics are the biggest Political threat to human survival

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Climate Change Fanatics are the biggest Political threat to human survival

Par for the course when city 'workers' are suing and winning for cancer 'caused' by pesticides than FARMERS.

What's wrong with that picture?

Politics will be the death of you.

One way or another.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Watching are brainwashed kids begging for the Government to enslave them is just sad.

Damn right! They have been brainwashed by our schools who tell them the proper spelling of "our" and other lies!

It's truly a danger because it turns humans into the enemies of the planet

The planet has no enemies. It is not in danger. It does not need saving. It is arrogant to believe humans can hurt a planet that has survived multiple cataclysmic events for billions of years.

Human beings however are fragile and sensitive lumps of flesh and water. We can be extinct in the blink of an eye and like all other species, will desperately suffer and migrate until mother earth shakes us into oblivion like countless species before us. We are nothing but a pesky head cold at best to this planet. Nothing that a brief fever and warm bath won't kill off. If we can find a way to make this planet more hospitable to our survival it would be wise to do so.

and therefore in order to save the planet, they will have to take everyone's wealth

Wealth is not the enemy of Environmental Protection (Specifically an "environment" that is habitable to Humans).
That is a weird idea. Being poor isn't some environmental virtue? Neither is being rich the same as being short sighted.

and control human behavior.

Ever since their was more than one human on the planet, "controlling human behavior" for the good of the many has been a thing, lest you feel comfortable with legalizing rape, murder ad infinitum.

Maybe you should be less hyperbolic ranty and introduce some specifics of what you are scared of?

edit on 24-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was a geology and earth science major and this is the opposite of what I was taught.

The earth is supposedly 5.6 billion years old with humans around for maybe 10 percent of that.

And during that time the earth went through drastic periods of hot and cold.
Ice ages and heat waves

Humans can definitely contribute negatively to the environment, but to the extent these extremist have it is deranged.

Its almost conceded to have the notion that humans are in charge of earth.

There will be natural events that will cause great destruction.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Climate change deniers, are the biggest threat to the future of the human race.

But yeah that doesn't matter, let's blindly bash the left, while the right offers NO solutions at all and doesn't even care 1 iota about the environment, just short term profits. Really sad.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Climate change is a theory that carbon dioxide discharged into the air from the burning of fossil fuels will cause the global temperature to rise in a manner that is unsupportable for human life.

The environment is the state of our physical surroundings: our air, water and soil.

Saying that climate change alarmism is bull# and has not be proven over the last 40 years does not imply that a person does not care about the environment.

In fact, it is the opposite. We don't want money spent on wild ass ideas that alternative energy can replace fossil fuels when it could be spent on fighting real pollution and environmental damage. Like the damage caused to the environment from mining for rare earth metals to manufacture turbines.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth
Co2 cycle is approximately every 100,000 years what we have done is almost double the amount of co2 in the last 200 years ie the industrial revolution . We could sit back and wait to become extinct or we could work at reducing carbon emissions and ways to reduce carbon levels . It doesn’t mean spending vast amounts but does involve getting everyone to understand

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

How Many of these So Called Fanatics are Actual Climate Scientists ? Well , Here are Some Straight from the Horses Mouth ............

“There is no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying hurricanes, floods, droughts and suchlike natural disasters, or making them more frequent,” they declared. “However, CO2-mitigation measures are as damaging as they are costly. For instance, wind turbines kill birds and bats, and palm-oil plantations destroy the biodiversity of the rain forests.”

The signatories of the declaration also insist that public policy must respect scientific and economic realities and not just reflect the most fashionable frenzy of the day.

“There is no climate emergency. Therefore, there is no cause for panic and alarm,” they note. “We strongly oppose the harmful and unrealistic net-zero CO2 policy proposed for 2050.”

www.breitbart.com...
edit on 24-9-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati
Check your facts son: www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
If your gonna lie/be this gullible, you have to do better than this.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: doclec
If your gonna lie/be this gullible, you have to do better than this.

OK Mr. Science , you wanna RUMBLE ? 500 Climate Scientists Say your Gonna LOSE After I Personally Make you Eat Imaginary Copus Amounts of CO2 for Lunch ..........

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

From not the breitbart article but the article it linked to:
"A global network of more than 500 knowledgeable and experienced scientists and professionals in climate and related fields..."

Where does it say "climate scientists"? Hell I'm a professional in a climate related field, prove me wrong kid

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: doclec

It only takes one person (a professional or a scientist or even a curious filled civilian) to prove every other scientist in the world wrong on alarmist anthropogenic climate change. Just one.

So far, the 97 % of scientists who support anthropogenic climate change have actually proved themselves wrong with out of whack climate models, data sets that need "adjusting" every five minutes, hurricanes, storms, tornadoes, droughts and floods that are statistically normal, the Great Barrier Reef still surviving, thriving polar bears and walruses, global temperatures that fail to rise in the presence of rising CO2, greening of the planet, growing crop yields.

This alarmism has been going on for 40 years. If it was gonna happen.......

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

What do you mean, "If it was going to happen..."? Its happening now. It was forcasted to happen when oil company scientists predicted it. Your dear leader's scientists are being silenced. STOP READING "FAKE NEWS".

Science is a self adjusting process. Instead of trying to play "GOTCHA", take the time to read the material and understand it.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Really, truly and for sure?/? Its happening right now? Right this minute?

Please provide me with the proof. I am just too stupid and am drowning in fake news to find it for myself. I would be ever ever so grateful

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SARcrew
a reply to: Bloodworth
Co2 cycle is approximately every 100,000 years what we have done is almost double the amount of co2 in the last 200 years ie the industrial revolution . We could sit back and wait to become extinct or we could work at reducing carbon emissions and ways to reduce carbon levels . It doesn’t mean spending vast amounts but does involve getting everyone to understand

The means of determining co2 100,000 years ago are suspect....so we dont really know the numbers.

There were times when multiple volcanoes were active. continents shifting causing lots of co2 emissions .

Have to be careful on what you spend thinking you can control mother earth.

Many natural disasters, asteroid hits, that can do more damage in a few seconds then humans can ever.
Let's not be slobs and strive for greatness, but let's not get crazy and understand the majority of world are very far off from being able to take on such tasks

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Its happening now. It was forcasted to happen when oil company scientists predicted it.

What is "it"? Is "it" that New York City was supposed to be submerged by now? Last I heard they were still above sea level. Maybe "it" is an increase in number and severity of hurricanes? That one was a bust... no noticeable change. Perhaps you mean by "it" that massive droughts would lead to famine? Must have missed that one.

Those are some of the previous predictions made about Global Warming. If you meant something else, maybe you could use a more specific term than "it."

Science is a self adjusting process.

And yet you just complained that those who question the conclusions are dangerous to the ecology. Which is it? Maybe science is self-adjusting as long as you agree with the adjustment? Or, more in line with the topic, is science self-adjusting based on what children want it to be?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

www.google.com... rp.1.0.0i131.33736.35749..37180...0.0..0.776.4729.4-1j6j1......0....1.........0.AuFrjDV8KmM

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I am not going to read someone's opinion of someone's work.

If anthropogenic global warming is happening, it has been happening for almost 100 years since the industrial revolution started.

Show me the freaking warming. It was warmer in the 1930s. it was warmer in history and that is why we are finding tree lines under the ice further north than it is now.

Show me the damn catastrophic warming!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
You can play dense. I get it.

I happen to think it's too late and humanity has already soured our habitat. Some are more optimistic. And some give no acknowlegement. Have it your way. But when you play ignorant you come off as just that: ignorant.

www.google.com... ge%3fcontext=amp

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You arent even trying kid. What you just typed proved that to me just right now. I have nothing left to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join