It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Fanatics are the biggest Political threat to human survival

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

The best line from this debate so far:

"In the last 100 years or so, the climate temperature has increased by about 1 degree. During the same time period, life expectancy almost doubled, per capita income increased by over 10 fold. Yet we are to believe that a further 0.5 degree increase will cause the entire thing to collapse. What an absurd belief"

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Meanwhile...

Environmental activist (yes, a real one) Scott Presler and 200 volunteers just cleaned up 50 tons of trash in 9 hours. One day, and 50 tons of trash is gone. Now, how many tons of trash could be cleaned up in a single day by all these kids who are instead standing around with silly signs and shouting sillier slogans? News reports say millions of kids were let out of school to protest Global Warming... If it was only one million, they could have cleaned up 250,000 tons of trash at that rate!

A quarter of a million tons of trash still lying in the street because of what? A protest?

When I was younger, we had environmentalists come to our school every Arbor Day. One year they gave out free trees for the kids to plant. Our mountain had no pines at that time, so I got about twenty pine tree saplings and sat them all out at the edge of the mountain.

Some of those are over 50 feet tall now, towering pines that line the mountain. Some have formed small groves of pines around them. All because one kid took one day to put some of his energy to actual use. How many protests does it take to plant trees? How many protests does it take to clean up trash?

That's why I do not believe the carbon dioxide myth. Not only do the "scientific" principles used to promote it defy the most basic tenets of science, but the actions of those who promote it are not the actions of a true activist. Sure, there are a few out there who believe the hogwash and act accordingly, but for every one of them, a thousand more refuse to pick up a single piece of trash because they'd rather protest. That's fine; I'd rather ignore your BS. It all works out.

But when people start brainwashing children into becoming some kind of political pawns... that's where I draw the line. That is too Hitler-esque. Anyone who takes a child's hopes and dreams away the way some have done to this generation of children is beyond despicable, beyond deplorable, and beyond evil. They need to be exposed for their actions and shunned into total oblivion to the point that their wasted lives are an exercise in social isolation and finally end in an unmarked mass grave used for the sole purpose of disposing of the filth that is presently clogging the human gene pool.

I do not blame the kids... they know not what they do. I blame those who use them. May they someday experience all of the pain they have inflicted on others.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

ok lets put you in a closed garage for an hour, which would you rather

have a running car or a smoker?

which will kill you faster?

That depends on the smoker...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

They have picked a "crisis" and a boogyman and are approaching it in the same way the Nazis did with Jews and how they were "destroying" Germany.

They are following the same playbook as well: You will fall in line, or you will do it by force.

And if you dont?

Well, we have at least 5 different events in history that show us what happens there
edit on 24-9-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Anyone with half a brain knows these people are disingenuous

The sea levels are going to rise and wipe out whole coast lines, is that why Obama just bought a 15 million dollar mansion on a freaking island?

Or why so many of these fanatics have beachfront properties?

Yeah ill believe their BS when they actually start acting like they are concerned with their actions.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Anyone with half a brain knows these people are disingenuous

This is not disingenuous. Disingenuous I can deal with. This is criminal. This is child abuse.

And it's too far. I see little point right now in even discussing any scientific merits... the use of children takes this to a whole new level.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I've always been a fan of not s#ing where we eat.

It's not a bad idea. Maybe the OP can't figure that out if his life depended on it, but hey, clean food, air and water to the best of our abilities is a pipe dream, evidently.

Not living like pigs in our own corner of the planet is not the end of the world, and people aren't going to be killed off to do so. But in the event that we go that far, I nominate the OP as Subject Numero Uno for that project. edit: /dark humor
edit on 9/24/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
“Think like us, or else”

Or else what?

And, Im not being hypothetical here, exactly what is the "or else"? Put it in actual words. Reply to my question.

See, this is the problem with repeating the emotive nonsense coming from extremist political positions. When you evaluate them rationally, they are usually full of holes and make little sense.

The 'leftists' aren't somehow forcing you to think in any particular way, either. How could they do that (Brainwashing? Sleep deprivation? Drugs? Torture)? Neither are there any repercussions against you for not thinking their way. You can protest, and loudly, and publicly. There are even social media and online forums where you can do so, like here. You have free speech, apparently.

While they lie and claim not to be fascists

Them damn alt-right fascists, claiming that they aren't (because that is, quite literally, what they are).

(not to mention that you are probably suggesting that we should all think like you, rather than the 'leftists'..)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Or else we’ll attack you, silence you, lie about you, slander you, falsely accuse you, etc

You know what ‘or else’ means.

It’s openly supported by ‘the left’. It’s your very playbook.

And Trump, the Republicans and their supporters aren’t the ‘alt right’.

But the dEms, the media and the bulk of their supporters are most definitely the ‘alt left’. They’re most definitely the ‘or else’ crowd.

Guns are bad, cars are bad, meat is bad, two genders is racist, confiscate, ban, block, dox, shame...

Or else we’ll put you in jail
Or else we’ll fine you
Or else we’ll

You know the rest. It’s your tune.
edit on 24 9 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

edit on 24 9 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Or else we’ll attack you, silence you, lie about you, slander you, falsely accuse you, etc

Oh, poor you!

You know what ‘or else’ means.

It’s openly supported by ‘the left’. It’s your very playbook.

But I'm not leftist. I voted center right and am most definitely centrist, politically.

And Trump, the Republicans and their supporters aren’t the ‘alt right’.

I never mentioned Trump, or the Republican party, in my previous post so that must have been the voices in your head.

But the alt-right support Trump and Trump would lose significant constituents if he disowned the alt-right.

But the dEms, the media and the bulk of their supporters are most definitely the ‘alt left’. They’re most definitely the ‘or else’ crowd.

Guns are bad, cars are bad, meat is bad, two genders is racist, confiscate, ban, block, dox, shame...

Or else we’ll put you in jail
Or else we’ll fine you
Or else we’ll

You know the rest. It’s your tune.

Since none of that is happening (or likely, based on the fact that you had a Democrat government as recently as three years ago and the government had been Democrat for 8 years prior to that), perhaps your anxieties are paranoia?

I mean, why would you maintain a belief in something that the previous government, the press, the Democrats, their supporters and history that you can recall are telling didn't and is not happening. Why is the stuff you are reading and listening to right now any more authoritative?

edit on 24/9/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Not at all.

But you keep lying, it’s ok. It happening on a daily basis. The calls for bans, confiscations, blocking, silencing and imprisoning are constant.

Luckily, “the left” has zero point zero chance of gaining political power for the next generation at least.

Nobody wants that

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Reading and listening to?

Some people actually experience life in person

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

“Oh poor you”. ????

Supporting fascism. Nice.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Ya, it's better to pull funding out of FEMA and the military that was to be used to repair the damage from previous years' hurricanes to build a wall and cages to lock up migrants that are storming our border fleeing from the conditions in their own country.. which, according to some, those conditions include massive crop failures caused by.... you guessed it, global climate change...

Our kids are kids, I don't expect them to have all the answers... but they do seem to be a tad bit smarter than some of the adults running the show.. at least the kids don't have their head buried in the sand denying the facts..

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Not at all.

But you keep lying, it’s ok.

I am not lying.

It happening on a daily basis. The calls for bans, confiscations, blocking, silencing and imprisoning are constant.

Really?

Why is only the right-wing media carrying the stories of the 'left' saying such politically damaging things? Are they trying to loose? Or could it just be that their detractors will take stuff out of context and twist what the 'left' actually say to spin it in a negative light?

Nah, they are shooting themselves in the foot over and over again. For fun, apparently.

Luckily, “the left” has zero point zero chance of gaining political power for the next generation at least.

Nobody wants that

Except the left, apparently.

I personally think that anyone who can lie and slander as loudly and outrageously as the right wing in American politics keep doing, in their quest to deceive those who do not, or will not, 'reason things out' and to denigrate everyone who might raise some question of the current rulers, is entirely un-trustable.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

“Oh poor you”. ????

Supporting fascism. Nice.

Only a crazed Communist, pinko, weirdo would say that!

But I will try once more: www.thefreedictionary.com...

Perhaps if you keep reading the definition of the word and the history of how it came about, the penny will finally drop and you will achieve illumination!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Reading and listening to?

Some people actually experience life in person

So, you live in Washington and attend a lot of Democratic party speeches. Because you did just imply that you experienced them.

Otherwise, you have only read about them in the media or heard things third hand, online.

edit on 24/9/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
who is running from crop failure????

Carbon dioxide is a plant fertilizer that has greened the earth by 14 % and increased crop yield across the globe.

www.nasa.gov...

ipad.fas.usda.gov... Crop yield in Mexico

That is quite the imagination you have.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Jay, the problem is it IS affecting people. The control over people's lives, what is and is not acceptable to do... that affects people in a very real way. The proposed solutions will not fix anything. People like you run right away with emotion in their heart to say we must do something or else...
think for a minute. If we have to do something or else, why does Al Gore use more than 34x electricity at his personal home than the national average? Does Al Gore care more about heating his pool than climate change? Or did he lie and manipulate??

Better not take a chance and do what Al Gore says not what Al Gore does, now that's an inconvenient truth.
a reply to: Jay-morris

edit on 24-9-2019 by Rob808 because: 👍

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Love your post....

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join