It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Neuro-Marketing: Straight to the Brain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You don't need to swear Joe! ...and what on earth did I do to get you so po'd? Cuz it sure sounds personal ...and I thought we were friends.

Anyway. Did you read the material?

What we're talking about here is technology that can directly interfere with brain waves to manipulate people, alter their behavior AND thinking, plus physically change the brain.

Are you saying we should just let it happen? Like, don't worry, be happy? (Have you been sticking your fingers in any light sockets lately?)

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
We ARE friends. I am not P.O.ed

I don't buy into this malarky stuff (no matter who posts it) about the big bad American corporations, yada, yada, yada.

Sure I know they (corporations) influence government and much of what they do is unethical. I know all that- it's also good to keep reminding people, I agree with that.

BUT to call for more regulations- to what purpose? The existing ones are violated continuously so what makes YOU think new ones wouldn't be as well? Who pays for new regulations? Americans do (you are NOT an American). The American taxpayer pays for yet one more do nothing office to rail against corporations that either violate the regulations or just pack up and move to another country!

I could look at a bunch of your posts (sofi) and see similar repetitive 'what is wrong with America' themes in them. How about Canada? Why don't we read more about the crooks in Ottawa and the smugglers in Vancouver? Where are the stories relating to the rape of Hudson's Bay by the mining companies? Largest deposit of nickel in the world and no stories about the mining to rip it up- why?

I view your continuous anti-American rants from a jaundiced eye. You have poked it and it is now infected. I see my country providing those that belittle her with the courtesy of still an open door.

Back to the thread (however)- what you are laying out is nothing new. Neuro-linguistic-programming is just a new term for something as old as human society. The only thing new (and this is arguable) is now there are readily available devices that give give instant and visual feedback for 'scientists' that masquerade as researchers and marketing people.

Subliminal messages have a long and successful history. So also do magic tricks. Prior to mechanical and then electrical devices to 'perceive' (measure) human reactions highly talented individuals 'read' what people were feeling about messages and thereby the reactions of the recipient. The successful 'readers' controlled people. The unsuccessful, I have no doubt, changed their occupations or vanished from the human stage.

Attack the science, the disease- not the host.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
[me]Being rather dim-witted and Bohemian by nature, perhaps you can be my guiding light? I'll try and keep my eyes open

You certainly don't expect stock holders to pay for my well being do you?

[edit on 22-5-2005 by JoeDoaks]

'bohemian', eh?

that's a loaded word, these days.

i think it's great for you that you don't mind having your mind made up forcibly by others. i mean, what is 'my' mind, anyway? really, it's just a corporate asset, and i shouldn't think too much about how a tiny group of super-powerful people can put even MORE shackles on 'my' mind and 'my' body.

cheers. have a coke.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by billybob]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

We ARE friends. I am not P.O.ed

Glad to hear it!

I don't buy into this malarky stuff (no matter who posts it) about the big bad American corporations, yada, yada, yada. ...Sure I know they (corporations) influence government and much of what they do is unethical. I know all that- it's also good to keep reminding people, I agree with that.

Our laws and justice system are being revamped to dismantle individual rights and freedoms, control individuals - and protect international corporations operating in the USA.

Needs to be shouted from the rooftops. And stopped.

BUT to call for more regulations- to what purpose? The existing ones are violated continuously so what makes YOU think new ones wouldn't be as well?

Laws that control individuals are being enforced - even though there are hundreds of millions more individuals than mega-corporations. ...There is no reason laws regulating corporations can't be enforced, given political will.

......Who pays for new regulations?

Make the perps pay.

They'll just move to another country.

They already have, and they've taken everything worth having that wasn't nailed down. Now they're just milking the "consumer market economy" - and poisoning consumers and sucking the economy's last drops of blood.

(you are NOT an American).

YES I am - by birth and blood inheritance, going way back.

I could look at an bunch of your posts and see similar repetitive 'what is wrong with America' themes in them. How about Canada?

Don't even get me started. IMO - Paul Martin has Canada hitched to Bush's coat-tails - he's dragging Canada down and giving her national assets away for a few beads, a bottle (and the odd shipping line).

The big problem is NAFTA - and all the "harmonization." And yes, I know it all started long before Daddy Bush, Reagan and Mulroney came on the scene. Also IMO - we're in the final stages of a global restructuring strategy developed by the world's real financial rulers, back when the French first revolted against monarchy rule. ...Since the American Revolution it's all been fine-tuning.

...In fact, Canada never was the democracy the US is - so she doesn't have as far to fall, or as much to defend and preserve.

Why don't we read more about the crooks in Ottawa and the smugglers in Vancouver? Where are the stories relating to the rape of Hudson's Bay by the mining companies? Largest deposit of nickel in the world and no stories about the mining to rip it up- why?

Cuz Canada is small potatoes, and the headlines don't sell in international markets.

Back to the thread (however)- what you are laying out is nothing new. Neuro-linguistic-programming is just a new term for something as old as human society.

What's happening now is new - and it goes far beyond neuro-linguistic programming.

This is physical technology that can be directed to physically interfere with brain waves and physically change the brain's cells and structure. It can be used to manipulate people, and alter their behavior and thinking. Please, read the material.

The only thing new (and this is arguable) is now there are readily available devices that give give instant and visual feedback for 'scientists' that masquerade as researchers and marketing people.

...The 'market evaluations' are based on visual feedback from fMRI's - but the real stuff comes after. In fact, neurologists and other highly qualified professionals are replacing marketing people in the new 'neuro-marketing' industry. It will be an extension of the medical industry.

Subliminal messages have a long and successful history. So also do magic tricks.

Again - this stuff goes WAYY beyond subliminal.

Attack the science, the disease- not the host.

? Pardon me? ...Science is not evil - even though it may be put to evil use. Are you suggesting that we burn books because some people abuse knowledge?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No more from me in ATSNN:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATSNN RIP

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

No more from me in ATSNN:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATSNN RIP

Hmmm. A glitch in the program maybe?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You peeps need to read Snowcrash. heh.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
You peeps need to read Snowcrash. heh.

Can you tell us why you think "Snowcrash" is relevant here? ...That book is about a drug, while neuromarketing is about software that tweaks the brain via visual patterns... Haven't read it tho, so need your input, with details.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join