It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg Tells World Leaders At U.N. Climate Session -- This Is All Wrong

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi
a reply to: xuenchen

Greta Thunberg is truly inspirational, her vigilance and vigor in this is a sight to behold. I was taken back even more when I read that she was on the autism spectrum with Asperger's. She has tremendous focus and when she puts her mind to something she just keeps going.

This all started when she read the 150 page, or something like that, scientific report on global outlook and projections. This affected her greatly and she took her future seriously, not sleeping or eating for a while, until she resolved herself to do something about it. And I think she's making a greater change than she could have even hoped for.

It's a true David and Goliath story unraveling, a kid with autism against the corporate giants.

Your standards to be inspired are pretty low. A child with limited critical thinking skills plus a mental disorder that prevents social interaction and puts narrow-minded focus on a topic is not something you hang hopes and dreams upon.

She's throwing a tantrum and being given a soapboax to do so by people with no principles, only agendas.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: TheRedneck

Its the scientists that are also certain.

Like these?

ossfoundation.us...

Not my word but the Earths.

The Earth doesn't give 2 squats about the climate or what humans are doing to it. Or more appropriately, what we are NOT doing to it.

edit on 23-9-2019 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Calling her an actor is an assumption on the part of the OP, disagreement on the climate is not an excuse to call her an actor, but Bully Boy is too scared to call her a liar.
a reply to: smurfy

The irony of you calling the OP a bully, while repeatedly calling him names and attempting to insult his intelligence is hilarious, you might want to look in the mirror.

Besides that point, he didnt call her a liar, because that would assume she knew she was wrong and was saying it anyway.

She believes what shes saying because thats what shes been indoctrinated with, that doesnt make her a liar, that makes her ignorant to the facts.

So, im sure you know where you can insert your feigned perception of superiority and virtue signaling.

edit on 23-9-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Its the scientists that are also certain.

Please don't tell me what I am thinking.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Oh Look !!

She has her very own page on a movie-actor-actress site !! 😃

Greta Thunberg

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
she is famous because of her religiious upbringing, and because she is a mouthpiece of the agenda of the inter-nationnal families.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ketsuko

The same place i always have been.

Did not see Greta challenge any old indigenous Americans with there daft antics.

She just told the truth.

Make the world great again, not just your baby nation.

Oh boy, here we go!!!

What, you didn't see little Greta being accosted by some drum thumping, stolen valor, wannabe political hack? You didn't see her stand her ground and smirk as someone approached her for the political sound byte and example of media bias and lies of the century?

What color is the sky in your world????

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah I think this speaks for itself

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Okay. But what you guys are saying is not okay.

You are attacking a 16yo girl by parroting the slogans given to you by your news outlet.

You just sound envyious. Because a 16yo girl has accomplished more than you will ever have. She can talk better than you, better than all of us, and all you can attack her are for:

- she has a genetic problem
- she is a 16yo girl
- she attacked your fragile ego, you snowflake.

Take it, stuff it up your prefered orifice and keep complaining about "young people not knowing their place" - their place is your older place, which you will vacate in some years anyway.

She spoke directly before that with Merkel herself, and try to achieve that - you won't. Because you are a complainer about accomplisher people.

There is nothing you can say to counter this, because you will just whine and attack me or Thunberg via ad hominem, and that is all you can do. And I do not care about that. Neither does Greta, of course. She is a hero, and you are not.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

she has a genetic problem - she is a 16yo girl - she attacked your fragile ego, you snowflake.

No theyre attacking her arguments which are just parroted from her handlers.

And I do not care about that. Neither does Greta, of course. She is a hero, and you are not.

Shes only a "hero" to those who are either too lazy, or too fragile in their egos to look at the evidence against the man made global warming claims.

TO the rest of us, shes a child thats being exploited by her parents and everyone in the MMGW movement, whats worse is that they are using her genetic problems to further exploit her, and people like you are enabling it.

Honestly you should be ashamed, youre promoting child abuse and child exploitation and all your virtue signaling and faux righteous indignation wont change that.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

I can only assume you are being sarcastic.

We've seen this playbook before.

edit on 24/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

This all started when she read the 150 page, or something like that, scientific report on global outlook and projections.

No it didn't, and BTW what 150 page report?

wiki

In a statement she originally posted on her Facebook page, Thunberg acknowledges that she is not a climate scientist: she is merely a messenger who is repeatingwhat scientistshave been communicating to the public for decades, so far without much success.

when I read that she was on the autism spectrum with Asperger's.

en.wikipedia.org...

Essayist Steve Silberman, writing in Vox, points out that being on the autism spectrum enables Thunberg to be fearless in her rhetoric.

Fearless as in shouting? Blah Blah Blah?

wiki

Thunberg says she first heard about climate change in 2011, when she was 8 years old, and could not understand why so little was being done about it.[11] Three years later she became depressed and lethargic, stopped talking and eating, and was eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome,[12] obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD),[12] and selective mutism

Sounds like she didn't process things properly when very young, later decided to skip school, and apparently used by others perhaps for their own agenda. Plenty of money to be made in "climate science"

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Here she is talking to that other great NWO douchebag

"the strikes went very well and everyone is so nice" derp derp

And I'm supposed to accept what that poster said that she was convinced by some 150 page climate report

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

global warming isn’t real and that man made pollutants don’t have some effect on our environment.

Keep up, they rebranded it "climate change". Yes pollution is terrible.

but until we take the politics and the money out of the equation, a real resolution to the problem will continue to remain elusive until it’s to late.

Mandate from dictators by edict?

Scientists?, nah they are just as corrupted as lobbyists and politicians.

There is no 1 real solution. The transference of wealth that the Globalists are suggesting from the 1st world to the 3rd world is blatant theft. We saw how they bailed out their banking buddies in the GFC in 2008.

I've had enough of the wealthy having their finger in every $ I earn.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Still wondering why they don't teach critical thinking in schools ?

If they did that where would they get their 'little parrots' from?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

She is a hero

A hero?

A HERO?

A HERO?

She is a scared little girl who has been terrorized by those who are supposed to be nurturing her, and is being used for political means! She's reading from a script, for crying out loud! Do you honestly think she wrote it? it's timed to the question... do you think she came up with the question as well?

Do you always condone and applaud child abuse, or is this just a recent whim?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah I think this speaks for itself

Does it, so this girl is antifa now, like really ...

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The zer044 😃

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Very sad to see the unintelligent character assassination approach to arguments. Pick on the messenger, rather than the message.

Greta Thunberg's message is that there is an impending climate catastrophe. The science behind man-made, or exacerbated climate change is incontrovertible. Greta Thunberg has become the figurehead for pushing that message.

The problem with the message is that it’s overly dramatic and panicky, but it helps focus attention.

Yet, the casual approach to climate change by some countries is an affront to the science. China is the biggest emitter and merrily chucking in new coal powered generation left, right and centre. The US policy is led by climate change deniers. Even places like Germany are guilty of saying one thing, but doing another.

Focus on the message and not the messenger. Memes liking Greta Thunberg to Hitler Youth are puerile. For example, what parts of what she says do you find wrong, or questionable?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join