It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg Tells World Leaders At U.N. Climate Session -- This Is All Wrong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Had this discussion the other day... "we need to stop fossil fuels".... explain some of what oil is used for that has nothing to do with power or gas... well err ummm maybe just stop big gas production, how are you going to process the gas, or what magic wand do you have that will either make renewable energy more efficient so they can actually take over powering our nations and prevent the ultra poor and old from dying in large numbers during the summer or dead of winner.

They walked away from the discussion... if people are not willing to talk both direction nothing will ever get truly addressed and or changed.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Bwahahaha, This one is priceless!

Hello Greta my old Friend- Carpe Donktum

That look is priceless when Trump walks by!
She has the HATE down pat.
Brainwashing Complete.
edit on 9 23 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I saw her rant, laughed my ass off and felt like I was watching comedy.
I came on here to see what ats was going to say about it and found this thread.

I don't think its acting,I think she really is that full of herself...being a 16 yr old vegan and all, seems to do that.
Her being so young...she actually believes her BS because she has 0 real experience yet.

"We will be watching you" (she says that with a smartphone in her pocket)
LOL

She is a product of internet propaganda and conditioning and she has lived no other life but the internet like every kid these days.

Who is fooling who here?
I saw an hilarious comedy bit that I can't believe I was expected to take seriously.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Only because obviously you were talking to someone who doesn’t keep up..

The only place where the fact that we have to use some fossil fuels to maintain the modern civilization we have is Fox News.

Just as a prime example .. take AOC’s “ new green deal”..

I think Fox News asked them some bs question and the aid replied , being humorous..something like..

“Well would would go for total zero carbon emissions, but we doubt we could stop all the cows from farting...”

It was a VERY obvious joke.. a poor one considering they should have known conservative media was gonna pretend it was a real part of her plan ... and that is what everyone of them did..

Did they tell their base it was a joke??

He’ll no...they know exactly how smart their viewers are lol..

They don’t even try and hide logical fallacies..

edit on 23-9-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Hahahaha! Hilarious.

I absolutely love @CarpeDonktum. He is one talented guy and I never fail to find humor in everything he creates.

I love the "M.A.G.A." meme video----but, WARNING. Make sure your volume is turned way down because it is loud when it starts off. It's a unifying theme rather than a divisive theme and it makes you feel good. It's done to the tune of YMCA.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have no interest in listening to a 16 year old about anything, much less something along these lines. Any child with an agenda immediately has me looking for who is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

As for climate change, I've said before, my wife and I are childless, if the planet is a ruin after we die, oh well.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well yea... because he called her a retard, not because he legitimately criticized her point lol...

You would have to list an accusation that wouldn’t cause heads to roll regardless.. lol

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The newest child actress sensation Greta Thunberg (aka Greta Thornborg) has addressed the United Nations !!

Greta is a 16 year old heavy duty climate change action activist from Sweden (supposedly).

She's been in the spotlight recently and now she tell's the UN the blame is cast to somebody else.

WHO is this little girl ?

Is her backstory real or some kind of psy-ops ?

'This Is All Wrong,' Greta Thunberg Tells World Leaders At U.N. Climate Session

Greta Thunberg has a message for world leaders at the United Nations this week: "We'll be watching you." Speaking at the Climate Action Summit in New York, Thunberg added, "This is all wrong. I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school, on the other side of the ocean."

But instead, Thunberg, 16, is trying to convince politicians to take climate change seriously, and to do something to stop a global warming trend that will affect the world's children more than it affects anyone who's currently in power.

In an impassioned speech, Thunberg told those who hold office, "you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you? You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words, and yet I'm one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing."

The acting is superb !!.....

Yeah let's come down on her be sure she wants to make a difference, while most people sit on their butts doing nothing!

Well done!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
I have no interest in listening to a 16 year old about anything, much less something along these lines. Any child with an agenda immediately has me looking for who is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

As for climate change, I've said before, my wife and I are childless, if the planet is a ruin after we die, oh well.

So it's hard to believe that people actually care, and want to make a difference?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The wiki article on her states "eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism."

Perfect, a spokesperson with mental issues. In our new idiocracy it probably means people will believe her.

What a stupid thing to say!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Greta is nothing but the globalists equivalent of Hitler youth

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That's right ... she's a precious child, wise beyond her years, and HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HER!!!!

How do you know she is such a big expert? And why should we listen to her just because she's 16?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Greta is nothing but the globalists equivalent of Hitler youth

lol Come on man! Seriously! Bloody listen to yourself!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

The stupid thing about it all, I may not agree with the alarmists (being third time through the end of the world is nigh unless we do X has a tendency to jade you) but I do agree with getting off fossil fuels, and finding better ways to operate in the world so we dont continue to wreck the planet.

But since I dont bow down at the alarmists feet I am dismissed out of hand and prevented from being part of the discussion because people dont like to have their views challenged, so they instead belittle my view without actually looking at it.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
16 superfreighter ships produce more emmisions vs all the automobiles in the world combined. There are over 50,000 freighter ships. These ships run on dirty bunker oil with no emmisions standards. These ships transport consumer goods, including green energy goods like batteries & solar panels from unregulated China. In China, where these goods (batteries & solar panels) are manufactured, the land is so polluted plants can't even grow there, making the planet less green. If you truly care about the environment you will stop using goods manufactured in China & start only using goods produced domestically, preferably locally. CO2 makes the planet greener. Plants thrive on CO2, along with water & sunlight to create the oxygen we & the animals breathe in a process known as photosynthesis. This is basic science which everyone should've learned in elementary school.

Also, someone driving a domestic gas guzzling V8 pickup truck for 20-30 years has a smaller carbon footprint vs someone who buys or leases a new import vehicle every 3-5 years, even hybrid/electric vehicles. Same with people who keep cell phones longer than 4 years vs buying a new one every 1 or 2 years.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That's right ... she's a precious child, wise beyond her years, and HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HER!!!!

How do you know she is such a big expert? And why should we listen to her just because she's 16?

Should listen to anyone Who is trying to make the world a better place. She is 16, so bloody what! You have to remember, we are leaving this mess to future generations, your children if you have any.

Why do people find it so hard to commend someone trying to make a difference. Is it jealousy that a 26 year old child is trying to make a difference?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She's already been compared to Nazi propaganda perpetrated by the likes of Joseph Goebbels by the right-wing lunatic muppets.

Personally, all i herd come from the young ladies mouth was plain common sence and truth.

metro.co.uk... ujtljwvWCFFueTENUpxF7mZmD2VIYw

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Her over acting is a dead giveaway.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Give me all your money and let me have all the power ... is seldom making the world a better place.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join