It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg Tells World Leaders At U.N. Climate Session -- This Is All Wrong

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You want to help with global warming/or life in general...…………………..plant a flucking tree. Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've stopped criticizing "them damn millenials".

Whether you agree with the GW deal or not, you cannot deny that since the industrial revolution humanity has taken several large dumps on our ecosystem. And its only getting worse.

Call it "stop global warming", or "get mercury out of fish" or "finally Flint gets clean water"....whatever you want to call it, millenials seem to have a desire to fix it. And I cannot see the down side of that....assuming that they drive industry instead of driving down humanity.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I don’t know how anyone can deny that global warming isn’t real and that man made pollutants don’t have some effect on our environment. To what degree that it’s a natural progression of the planet or man made I don’t think we will ever know definitively but until we take the politics and the money out of the equation, a real resolution to the problem will continue to remain elusive until it’s to late.

Dude, do you ever speak TO "climate deniers"? The climate changes. Always. If it didn't, I'd be worried sh!tless. I personally just don't have enough information to decide what if any part man plays in the world climate. Not 100% convinced man doesn't have any contribution, at least long term. We as a species pollute massively and need to stop, but that's not to say it's driving the global temperature..

I wish a few of ya'll would spend a tiny bit of time asking some questions, rather than ASSuME you know what others think/believe.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The wiki article on her states "eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism."

Perfect, a spokesperson with mental issues. In our new idiocracy it probably means people will believe her.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I've stopped criticizing "them damn millenials".

Whether you agree with the GW deal or not, you cannot deny that since the industrial revolution humanity has taken several large dumps on our ecosystem. And its only getting worse.

Call it "stop global warming", or "get mercury out of fish" or "finally Flint gets clean water"....whatever you want to call it, millenials seem to have a desire to fix it. And I cannot see the down side of that....assuming that they drive industry instead of driving down humanity.

if that was it, I'd be volunteering with them to clean up or whatever, but when you start trying to politicize/monetize it, I'm out and curious.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The wiki article on her states "eventually diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD), and selective mutism."

Perfect, a spokesperson with mental issues. In our new idiocracy it probably means people will believe her.

Wonder if all that about her is even real.

😎

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Never take advice from those that can't follow their own.
2nd.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The acting is superb !!.....

I disagree. The acting is so-so.

That speech has been rehearsed. The moderator asks a pre-determined question designed specifically to segway into her speech. Her eye contact is pretty good, but she has to look at her notes far too often for this to be anywhere near spontaneous, from-the-heart pleas.

I will not denigrate the little girl; she is doing as she was told she should do to protect her future. She doesn't know better. I do denigrate whoever coached her and taught her this malarky: how dare you use a little girl, toy with her fears of the future, and fill her head with nonsense just so you can profit from the latest tax/power scheme? You are the lowest form of life on this planet and need to be removed from the gene pool before you contaminate it worse.

There are no solutions in her speech... of course not. This is not about solutions, for there is no solution to something which does not exist. This is about the people of planet earth handing the reins of complete control to those who would subjugate them. This is about taking the very lives of those peasants who are too ignorant to understand what is happening to them. It's a cry in the wilderness for a return to serfdom, and even worse, it is a cry that is now being taken up by people with little enough soul to use children to achieve their dastardly goals.

I have tried to keep an open mind on the actual science behind Global Warming. But every time I see a theatric such as this, I realize more and more that there is no science behind this... only a demand to bow down and worship at the feet of those who think they are gods but are actually raving fools.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Her family sailed her over on a 3-ton carbon fibre hull....

Which produced a larger carbon footprint to produce than your average US family will create in their entire life time.

Why should we listen to her, and her family, when they can't be bothered to "invest in the planet" either?
edit on 23-9-2019 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2019 by peck420 because: Punctuation.

(post by Generation9 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Remember when the ozone was beyond saving and we were all going to have live underground .... Sounds like the same stuff

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Calm down lady.

This is how we merge with machines, my mechanical lungs can filter any toxins out of the air.

Not being very progressive, your anti-cyborg bigotry worries me.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

Greta Thunberg is truly inspirational, her vigilance and vigor in this is a sight to behold. I was taken back even more when I read that she was on the autism spectrum with Asperger's. She has tremendous focus and when she puts her mind to something she just keeps going.

This all started when she read the 150 page, or something like that, scientific report on global outlook and projections. This affected her greatly and she took her future seriously, not sleeping or eating for a while, until she resolved herself to do something about it. And I think she's making a greater change than she could have even hoped for.

It's a true David and Goliath story unraveling, a kid with autism against the corporate giants.

She's found funding from George Soros.

And here's why I think that.

Soros has fond memories of his time working for the Nazis. And Goebbels was known for using Nordic, blonde, pig-tailed, rosy cheeked girls for his propaganda. Ask yourselves this: Of all the children all over the world, why is this one the one getting all the attention and access from seemingly out of nowhere?
edit on 23-9-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Humanity has taken a toll on our planet. I don't know who can deny that. But they did it through a lack of awareness of the workings of nature, a belief that there would always be a pristine new land to move to, and a sense of apathy about sustainability of their environment. Not through releasing some invisible, odorless, colorless gas that could also be called "plant food."

There is no difference between 'stop Global Warming" and driving down humanity. They are one and the same. Want proof? Listen to that speech again. A scared little girl, begging people to save her when she doesn't even know what it is they are supposed to save her from! How is that not dragging down humanity? This girl is likely scarred for life, unless someone "in authority" tells her she is safe.

That's power right there... the ability to panic or calm a person by making a statement, with no real results of actions required. Politicians call it "charisma." Charisma has marked every single war criminal and dictator throughout history. It is a dangerous thing. It is even more dangerous when one uses the most innocent among us to supplement their own charisma, harming them in the process.

I want no one with that ability and desire anywhere near he reins of power... dogcatcher in a one-horse town is too much for them to handle responsibly.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Remember when the ozone was beyond saving and we were all going to have live underground .... Sounds like the same stuff

We cut down on CFCs in the late 80s.
Sorry for your coma through the 90s and first part of the new century but well done on recovering.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Mein Climate Change-Carpe Donktum

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

LOL!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

Greta Thunberg is truly inspirational, her vigilance and vigor in this is a sight to behold. I was taken back even more when I read that she was on the autism spectrum with Asperger's. She has tremendous focus and when she puts her mind to something she just keeps going.

This all started when she read the 150 page, or something like that, scientific report on global outlook and projections. This affected her greatly and she took her future seriously, not sleeping or eating for a while, until she resolved herself to do something about it. And I think she's making a greater change than she could have even hoped for.

It's a true David and Goliath story unraveling, a kid with autism against the corporate giants.

Troll or serious?

This is the exact propaganda detailed almost word perfectly.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

die wirkliche Greta !!!!! 😃

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm sorry to have to ask this question but, couldn't they have picked someone at least somewhat likeable?

edit on 23-9-2019 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join