It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg Tells World Leaders At U.N. Climate Session -- This Is All Wrong

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

It was a joke that i explained on page three..

Need to start adding (Irony) to some of my posts,

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
a reply to: Hecate666

I also want to say that she might actually have a form of Down Syndrome called 'Translocation Down Syndrome'. The UK actor Ross Kemp has it and people who have it have a very specific face but can function normally. Hers looks very much like it.

Medical qualifications please, if you're not qualified in genetic disorders maybes it's best not to make sweeping claims?
Using a failed soap star as evidence dosent bode well.
With yourself being a science denier I somewhat doubt you have the apt qualifications.

Sweeping generalisations? Science denier?
Where am I, or have ever, denied science?

I used to be an actual scientist back when I was working, for many, many years, in an actual scientific field.
I'd like you to give me one little quote out of all the years on here where I deny science [you won't find one]. I also have a BSc [hons] in Neuroscience and have worked a long time with actually mentally ill/disabled human beings, including Autists, Down Syndrome and everything in between. This was in a home that is run by quite a well known Neuroscientist who has written books and whom you can look up for yourself [Gerhard Floorschutz ].

Plus it wasn't a diagnosis DUH [!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
I am speculating

link   
DP, yet failed to print everything I wrote. My favourite error...

edit on 25-9-2019 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

link   
Triple post, not my fault.
edit on 25-9-2019 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

That's an interesting perspective on the facial expression. I can kinda understand... I have been told I have a "stone face" and I got just enough Cherokee features that I am frowning if I am not smiling. I probably scare little kids, but I don't mean to.

But that's not really what I was basing my response on.

I based my opinion on my speaking courses early in college. The instructor was an actual professional public speaker, and he told us all what to look for in a speaker to determine if they are sincere or not. The constant reference to notes means she has either not rehearsed the speech, or that she is fighting a tendency to go off script (usually due to too much emotion). The former means the speech was written for her; the latter means she is scared of the subject matter. I personally think it's a little of both.

Thanks for the info!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Dude, you just established yourself as knowing less than nothing about the subject. Earth sciences are climate science! You just discounted every single "climatologist" out there (all what? 25? of them; it's a very specialized and extremely recent field in Earth Science)!

You might want to sit down before you hurt yourself.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She has Asperger's, you can tell by looking at her. I used to have Asperger's, but now I eat more roughage and wipe better.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Oh Look !!

She has her very own page on a movie-actor-actress site !! 😃

Greta Thunberg

Yeah, her father is an actor and mother is an opera singer. She's been brought up in the entertainment biz.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

HUH? Shes worried about co2? I suppose its a good a thing to worry about as any.

Anyways, I agree with her. This is all wrong, She should not be there, she should be back in school, on the other side of the ocean. Its like they are incapable of grasping the difference between pollution and climate change, one just means dont # were you eat, which is just common sense. And the other means, well a whole lot of things. One is an ant hill, the other is mount everest.

But I see this as an issue that is self solving, far to many stupid people out there, stupid people do stupid #, and in a pinch and by the power of doing nothing, presto! There are a whole lot less stupid people around because they killed themself's off. Or in this case taxed themselfs into oblivion so that way when it does matter and it really is time to change whole ways of life. You all will be to poor broke and tired to do anything about it.

Did a search on old climate change videos, and they pulled most from the net it seems, even that one by Don Easterbrook testifying is buried under a pile of rubble of this kids vids. But there are plenty out there that explain how and why the climate is changing some going back over 20 years. The rest that pooped up, are spam, there were like a thousand vids on this girl and her speech.

Thats youtube for you, slowly going the way of the dodo, with redundancies.

But hey, there's always Dan Pena, hes not the most knowledgeble, oh no, not by far. But does have a habit to listen to those that are, its how he became rich, And what he is? Is the most loudest, and to the point. I would be interested to see a debate between him and this little girl, or any other climate change scientist, or person, or personage, it would be most entertaining.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar
Idk photos are circulating with gretta and family wearing antifa shirts.... lol

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That's right ... she's a precious child, wise beyond her years, and HOW DARE YOU QUESTION HER!!!!

How do you know she is such a big expert? And why should we listen to her just because she's 16?

Should listen to anyone Who is trying to make the world a better place. She is 16, so bloody what! You have to remember, we are leaving this mess to future generations, your children if you have any.

Why do people find it so hard to commend someone trying to make a difference. Is it jealousy that a 26 year old child is trying to make a difference?

Reading a script she didn't write, how will that make the world a better place? Addressing the UN is like watching CNN, a complete waste of time.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SheThang81
Yep, and a couple of month ago she collected money for a friend of her family, that friend so happens to be one of the people who went to jail for 4 years (20 month served) for being one of the instigators behind "Göteborgskravallerna" (google it and look at images, they turned Göteborg/Gothenburg into a warzone), so these people attacked innocent people and business, destroyed everything in their way, attacked police and threw big bricks (google translate did a poor job translating it, it translated stones into pebbles, they threw big 5x10" stones at people and police)

translate.google.com...

Has there been a single far-left activist that did NOT mix themselves with violence or violent people?
edit on 2019-9-26 by JesperA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Do you have a link showing that Greta raised money for this 'Jonathan Pye' please?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Dude, you just established yourself as knowing less than nothing about the subject. Earth sciences are climate science! You just discounted every single "climatologist" out there (all what? 25? of them; it's a very specialized and extremely recent field in Earth Science)!

You might want to sit down before you hurt yourself.

TheRedneck

That took a while, you guys are kinda slow. Aaaand you just established yourself as dry people with no sense of humor. I'm just having some fun with a funny piece of Forbes, it's not my problem when they come up with unintentional wordplay.

Advanced earthworm science right there. Lighten up, my dear AGW deniers!

Anyhow. What's the alternative theory of the day today?

Also, did anyone of all you experts on the sinking ship look into the climate report she left as a statement? No? Huh. Bummer, innit!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Sure

The tweet from Greta that got deleted because people did not like her t-shirt clearly states that the income will go to XR:
i.imgur.com...

Who is associated with XR and key figure of XR in Sweden? Jonathan Pye:
i.imgur.com...

If you don't like screenshots you will have to make an account on actionnetwork.org... and find the page yourself

Edit: Nope, seems the page is public, i could have sworn it was behind a membership wall: actionnetwork.org...

And Gretas mother has been a supporter of XR for a long time and her and Greta has time and time again said they support civil disobedience and keeps joining forces with XR (plops up in their tweets from time to time):
i.imgur.com...

etc etc etc
edit on 2019-9-26 by JesperA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JesperA

Thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JesperA

You know what Extinction Rebellion stands for, right?

Civil disobedience is pretty much your last option when you have politicians failing you. Which is why we saw millions on the streets protesting btw.

Do you guys live under a ... look, there! That's Antifa Insignia, clearly!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I saw this and thought of this thread:

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Still screaming at the sky over that loss huh?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
All I can say is .........

See the resemblance ??

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join