It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg Tells World Leaders At U.N. Climate Session -- This Is All Wrong

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Right, you've said "there is not a genuine consensus and it is well known that many scientists have a dissenting opinion".

Ok, so what what number are we talking about here? Which scientists and what are their credentials? So far you've stated zero verifiable facts. You are doing a Donald Trump "everyone says... so many people tell me...we all know..". No. You say 'many scientists...." so how many? Who are they? What are their credentials?

If you expect me to read an entire book by one person to understand your justification then that is unrealistic. If it were truly valid then it would be widespread knowledge and reported all over the place. We both know that anyone can write anything and get it published themselves, it certainly doesn't make it factual and it certainly doesn't equal the overwhelming scientific evidence which IS agreed by most scientists.

With regard to the weblink you sent, I could post random links to random people too. You even say talk about the Elite Club of Rome as though it is fact and then say it's real because it's mentioned in the (unproven) article you've read. The problem with the internet is as I have said, opinion is not the same as fact.

Greta might have a handler who is a climate activist. So? Does that mean she's wrong? Could it be, shock horror, that Greta is helped by people who agree with her and want to help her? You know that is the same as a Presdential Campaign right? You have a candidate and an army of people who are trying to manage and support them? Then you go on about her mums is part of of WWF...yes..what a shock...her mum is into conservation.. imagine that..it must be a conspiracy then...I guess any children of political party members shouldn't be interested in politics because that's just...odd....and by your logic a conspiracy. No mate, it's really not.

a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BastogneFoxHole

Sure. And you'll need better plumbing, amateurs.

Look, over there! It's Soros and the Hillary Youth of terrorists who are after you "non-conformists" and your benevolent corporate oilverlords.

Save our ship, Hero-nymous! Save us from reason, science and teens! The status quo of this Brave New Oligarchy must be defended at all costs.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

That depends on how one looks at the "how dare you'", amirite?

Also, who debunked the report on climate change from 2018? Mick fcking West and the glorious Metabunch?

No.

Since 1998, more than 31,000 American scientists from diverse climate-related disciplines, including more than 9,000 with Ph.D.s, have signed a public petition announcing their belief that “…there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate.” Included are atmospheric physicists, botanists, geologists, oceanographers, and meteorologists.

So where did that famous “consensus” claim that “98% of all scientists believe in global warming” come from? It originated from an endlessly reported 2009 American Geophysical Union (AGU) survey consisting of an intentionally brief two-minute, two question online survey sent to 10,257 earth scientists by two researchers at the University of Illinois. Of the about 3.000 who responded, 82% answered “yes” to the second question, which like the first, most people I know would also have agreed with. Then of those, only a small subset, just 77 who had been successful in getting more than half of their papers recently accepted by peer-reviewed climate science journals, were considered in their survey statistic. That “98% all scientists” referred to a laughably puny number of 75 of those 77 who answered “yes”.
www.forbes.com...
There’s a start
That being said, the UN ipcc report everyone talks about is from years ago and still
Being debated. What 2018 report are you referring to?
edit on 25-9-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Earth scientists? LOL. Thanks for the giggles.

What about the 100% of climatologists in agreement then? And who would need experts anyway when we have stuff like science to make a point?
What's your alternative hypothesis then, Nibiru or Nemesis?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesilver
Right, you've said "there is not a genuine consensus and it is well known that many scientists have a dissenting opinion".

Ok, so what what number are we talking about here? Which scientists and what are their credentials? So far you've stated zero verifiable facts. You are doing a Donald Trump "everyone says... so many people tell me...we all know..". No. You say 'many scientists...." so how many? Who are they? What are their credentials?

If you expect me to read an entire book by one person to understand your justification then that is unrealistic. If it were truly valid then it would be widespread knowledge and reported all over the place. We both know that anyone can write anything and get it published themselves, it certainly doesn't make it factual and it certainly doesn't equal the overwhelming scientific evidence which IS agreed by most scientists.

With regard to the weblink you sent, I could post random links to random people too. You even say talk about the Elite Club of Rome as though it is fact and then say it's real because it's mentioned in the (unproven) article you've read. The problem with the internet is as I have said, opinion is not the same as fact.

Greta might have a handler who is a climate activist. So? Does that mean she's wrong? Could it be, shock horror, that Greta is helped by people who agree with her and want to help her? You know that is the same as a Presdential Campaign right? You have a candidate and an army of people who are trying to manage and support them? Then you go on about her mums is part of of WWF...yes..what a shock...her mum is into conservation.. imagine that..it must be a conspiracy then...I guess any children of political party members shouldn't be interested in politics because that's just...odd....and by your logic a conspiracy. No mate, it's really not.

Why not read a whole book if it’s true? Would you be that lazy? Koire also has a website that’s much easier to navigate. Would you be too lazy to navigate it? www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com...
I am generally known around here as a conservative, yet I posted a left leaning article by a clearly anti capitalist environmentalist and a book title by a liberal Democrat lesbian. Do you have a problem with that ? I stated I did not like the anti capitalist rhetoric but that the research was very well done and some of that article happens to coincide with Koire’s
knowledge and research on Agenda21, including the focus on NGOs. There are others who corroborate on the use of public/private partnerships. While this thread is not really a pro or con about whether Climate Change is real, it is relevant that certain NGOs, corporations, and other entities are propping up Greta.
One last thing... The Green New Deal IS Agenda21/2030.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesilver

Here’s more americanpolicy.org...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What about the 100% of climatologists in agreement then? And who would need experts anyway when we have stuff like science to make a point?
What's your alternative hypothesis then, Nibiru or Nemesis?
You’re kidding right? Earth System Science climate.nasa.gov...
Nibiru? When did I say anything about that ? I didn’t but for some reason you must feel that it might be some way to ridicule me by connecting me to another conspiracy theory.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So it would be earth system scientists then? Scientists of the Earth, let's try to agree on that! Fun with Forbes.

However. You're pushing a conspiracy theory already, all I've asked for is further content. Can't be the solar cycle, right? What's the theory? I mean... is there even a theory or is this about naysayers and denial again?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

In reply to your judging of her acting etc. Nothing what she says is heartfelt. I watched a 12 year old talk about banks and debt and she did it without ever looking at anything. She had come up with it and she was telling it as she understood and as it was in a very eloquent fashion. That girl was real.
This Greta is a only a nice gimmick, as lots here have said, she is untouchable. If you disagree, you are automatically the worst person in the world, what with all her disabilities and her age and her gender. She is indeed bullet proof and everything she says must be real because she is a crying minor with difficulties.

I also want to say that she might actually have a form of Down Syndrome called 'Translocation Down Syndrome'. The UK actor Ross Kemp has it and people who have it have a very specific face but can function normally. Hers looks very much like it.

Compare faces with her [BTW Husband was the one that instantly pointed this out].

Search for Ross Kemp and then for Greta Thunberg.

edit on 25-9-2019 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So it would be earth system scientists then? Scientists of the Earth, let's try to agree on that! Fun with Forbes.

However. You're pushing a conspiracy theory already, all I've asked for is further content. Can't be the solar cycle, right? What's the theory? I mean... is there even a theory or is this about naysayers and denial again?

Are you than unable to think for yourself? Or you just didn’t bother to go to the nasa link I provided? Here, Ill help you for the sake of everyone else here

Earth system science is the study of how scientific data stemming from various fields of research, such as the atmosphere, oceans, land ice and others, fit together to form the current picture of our planet as a whole, including its changing climate.

Climate scientists separate factors that affect climate change into three categories: forcings, feedbacks, and tipping points. Forcings: The initial drivers of climate. Solar Irradiance. Solar radiation is the source of heat for planet Earth. Scientists also use evidence from proxy measurements, such as sunspot counts going back centuries and ancient tree rings, to measure the amount of Sun that reaches Earth’s surface. The Sun has an 11-year sunspot cycle, which causes about 0.1% of the variation in the Sun’s output.1 The solar cycle is incorporated into climate models.
climate.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The Nasa link doesn't answer my question. Does it?

You can't lay down your alternative theory for us silly science-fanatics from the streets? It's a pity. No favorites?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I also want to say that she might actually have a form of Down Syndrome called 'Translocation Down Syndrome'. The UK actor Ross Kemp has it and people who have it have a very specific face but can function normally. Hers looks very much like it.

Medical qualifications please, if you're not qualified in genetic disorders maybes it's best not to make sweeping claims?
Using a failed soap star as evidence dosent bode well.
With yourself being a science denier I somewhat doubt you have the apt qualifications.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Another person whose contribution to society is talking. Might be different if it was talking about her own research.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
shes a high school dropout.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

What about the 100% of climatologists in agreement then? ...

Yeah...just like meteorologists, astrologists, numerologists, cosmetologists and...proctologists!!

They're all full of S#!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My emotional support demon Gretchen says you must be kidding. And she's an expert on all kinds of sh!tty sh!t.

I'm still on the fence tho. Are you? I dunno...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
a reply to: Hecate666

Medical qualifications please, if you're not qualified in genetic disorders maybes it's best not to make sweeping claims?
Using a failed soap star as evidence dosent bode well.
With yourself being a science denier I somewhat doubt you have the apt qualifications.

Hey: wait a second !
Are you a science-denier denier ?

Qualifications, please.

And am maybe, or maybe not, hopeful, or not,
that they are slightly better than Greta von Wednesday Addams.

( Don't really want, nor need, to see your qualifications, 'cause we're like, asking folks for qualifications, in a thread about a 16-year-old's scientism opinions.
Wouldn't that be silly, if we were to think of it that way ? )

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Oraculi

She's barking at the wrong people !!!

Russia, China, and India are the worst and most populated areas that abuse the Climate !!!!

😷

How do you mean? I thought they already are in a short leash.. We are the ones that need tighter collars.

We’re certainly the worst greenhouse gas emitters per capita, but still account for only 15 percent of the world total according to World Resources Institute. China emits twice as much as we do, and yet I don’t believe sweet little Greta has condemned it, though I could be wrong. China and India have 2.7 billion people who aspire to an American middle-class standard of living. They have plans to build hundreds of new coal-fired power plants IIRC.

I think the USA is going to lower its emissions dramatically in the near future as old coal-fired plants are replaced by: gas-fired plants (with abundant gas from fracking), wind power (would you believe Texas leads the nation?) and our rapidly increasing solar power capacity. Electric vehicles look like they’re going to replace a lot of conventional vehicles. Highly energy-efficient buildings are largely standard these days because it saves the owners a lot of money.

And if the anti-nuke movement can be overcome there are many small, modular nuke projects that look extremely promising. My fave is the molten-salt reactor running on the thorium fuel cycle, which could supply all our power needs for millennia with little risk of Chernobyl- or Fukushima-style disasters.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I remember something from years ago about right before the sun goes into its sleep cycle that it does in fact speed up and pump out more "heat". I wish i could remember the article completely so i will paraphrase. Please forgive not having a source.

The sun has a cycle standard of so many years then it "sleeps" for about 60-100. Before the sleep cycle hits, it speeds up and releases more rays/heat outward(which is us) and the climate goes up. Since our sun is older it will incrementally increase the temperature of the earth as the cycles continue. Altering seasons and of course climate. With that being said when the sun enters its sleep cycle it will also cool off. In 1977 time magazine cover made a comment on how to deal with the coming ice age, now 40 yrs later it is saying how to combat global warming. Then nasa releases an article recently stating that this climate change that we are currently going through is "normal". Geologist also confirm this as well. So before we go blasting each other and trolling, do you think it would possible to actually have an adult conversation about things?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join