It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg Tells World Leaders At U.N. Climate Session -- This Is All Wrong

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Since I don't watch news agencies at all, this is my own opinion. She's 16, I'm never going to take her seriously. I will never take any 16 year old seriously due to the nature of how 16 year old's are. As for her and other children inheriting the planet, not my problem. It's wonderful to be able to say that, because unless something happens in the next 40ish years, I really don't care. She has a handler, all of the kids do, look at David Hogg. Sorry, kids don't get a seat at the grownup table until they've earned it.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Have you seen the grownup table lately?

Where is it Chuck E Cheese per-chance?

A load of the Millenials i tend to agree with you, but at the end of the day, our children are our future.

Not paying attention to them is simply stupid, nevermind counterproductive if we are honest.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I believe I've laid this out, but let me re-state this so there's no confusion; I don't care if we have a future, I don't care about the children. You can say it's stupid not to pay attention to them, but if you show me a 16 year old with a coherent thought in their head, which if we're all honest know that at 16 we were all just as vapid, I would be highly shocked.

What I don't agree with is people in positions of power forcing their ideology down the throat of minors so they can use them to parrot their ideals. I don't agree with it for climate change, gun control, and especially religion. This isn't the early 1900's or 1800's anymore, the kids haven't grown up, most of them never will.

If the person presenting the message is an adult, credentialed, seasoned, etc. I will pay attention. When it's a child, especially a child with such an interesting parentage, not sorry, they're spouting an agenda they don't fully understand.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I swear.. the hate this girl is getting by the right is ridiculous..... FFS.. she's 16.

There it is! Right there in simple words! Indoctrination at its finest! Perfect and complete consumption of the propaganda.

Yeah, she's 16, and just like ALL little pigtailed 16 year old girls (who are made up to look like they're 12), she's standing in front of the United Nations making speeches about one of the greatest political hoaxes ever perpetuated on mankind, man-made global warming!!

But yeah, FFS...she's 16.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Indoctrination? Haha.. why because i have compassion for a 16 year old who is willing to put herself out there on a global stage....

I didn't advocate for you or anyone to believe what she says.

How would you feel if you stood up for something you believed in as a teenager on a massive public scale and then were called " propaganda girl" or leftist shill?

Wow.. maybe you're indoctrinated? So ready to label me despite me openly being on the fence and saying im not informed enough to make assertions.

Have you studied climate change?

And yea she's 16. Nobody is saying she is a scientist or the most informed person on this topic. Not sure how a passionate 16 year old = propaganda. If that's the case, then i was a propaganda artist for terrible music when i was a teen...

edit on 24-9-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Can you quantify something you believed in at 16? Did you really want to be believed about something? Looking back did you realize how petulant it sounds?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

originally posted by: putnam6
Remember when the ozone was beyond saving and we were all going to have live underground .... Sounds like the same stuff

We cut down on CFCs in the late 80s.
Sorry for your coma through the 90s and first part of the new century but well done on recovering.

LOL the US did nobody else has LOL China, India and Russia are worse now than they ever were, but that little hole keeps on shrinking and having less and less impact, like your snobby sense of humor.

It's an inexact science and mostly sensationalism cause it sounds good to say the warmest day in recorded history. Funny thing though instead of bouncing all over the place lets pick one area and clean that chit up like the garbage patch. Thats tangible and should be something a multi-nation effort could attack and clean up.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yea.. I was a passionate believer in god, then passionate athiest, then just realized i knew nothing.

But to give this much negativity to a young person is just silly. Like how that maga kid got so much hate.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Greta Thunberg's message is that there is an impending climate catastrophe. The science behind man-made, or exacerbated climate change is incontrovertible. Greta Thunberg has become the figurehead for pushing that message.

If the message is so "incontrovertible," then pray tell why is it suddenly necessary to use propaganda spread by kids to show it? Why does it discount the effect of photosynthesis, claiming it is somehow "carbon neutral"? Why does it fly in the face of decades of proven, direct experience in plant growth using greenhouses packed with carbon dioxide? Why does it ignore the fact that volcanoes emit massive amounts of heat? Why does it ignore simple calculations that show it is not possible for the amount of solar radiation received to cause the claimed results?

Why does it demand that the scientific method be abandoned and try to squelch those who might question it?

There is no science here. There is only child abuse on a global scale. I do not support that; I oppose it in the strongest possible sense. Sorry to hear you support it.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, she's 16, and just like ALL little pigtailed 16 year old girls (who are made up to look like they're 12), she's standing in front of the United Nations making speeches about one of the greatest political hoaxes ever perpetuated on mankind, man-made global warming!!
But yeah, FFS...she's 16.

Trying to remember the last time I saw a 16 year old in pigtails or even

an 11 year old!!

Last I heard the Heads of secondary school's (11 to 18 yrs) were sending out

letters to parents forbidding them to wear false eye lashes to school!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Plenty of adult scientists singing the same tune as Greta through.

Guess we should not trust them nor credentials nether?

Just because you don't care about the future does not mean it's not going to happen.

It's not all the Millenials that are the screwed, just our lot in the first world nations.

And the truth of the matter is that's down to the parents to a certain degree, as well as our respective societies.

Put it this way, when i was a lad you were out the door at 16-18, and forced to stand on your own two feet.

Sink or swim basically, you did not get to live in your parent's basement rent-free or indefinitely, hence you understood the concept, no coal, no dole.
edit on 24-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
... but if you show me a 16 year old with a coherent thought in their head, which if we're all honest know that at 16 we were all just as vapid, I would be highly shocked.

At what age do you think someone is capable of having an opinion you would listen to?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What I don't agree with is people in positions of power forcing their ideology down the throat of minors so they can use them to parrot their ideals.

So where do you suggest young adults get their ideas? They just invent them in their own heads? Do you even have children, or have you ever? If a parent has a child, "forcing their ideology" down their throats is how you turn your children into responsible young adults. Doing nothing and ignoring your kids and letting them teach themselves about life is how you end up with a Columbine school shooting.

There is nothing wrong with parents teaching their children that global climate change could be a real danger to the planet, and to take action. Even if a 16 yo actually doesn't fully understand what they are promoting, they can be passionate and real about it. Of course the right just assumes she is a tool of a climate change agenda, and that she can't possibly feel conviction and passionate about what she is deciding to take a stand on - I would expect nothing less from a group that assumes everything is an agenda, false flag, etc. - if it opposes their viewpoint.
edit on 24-9-2019 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If all this destroys the society we love and know,

I 'd like to think

I'd make a fine young cannibal.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

As you yourself have so aptly demonstrated, there are many adults that don't care about the world they're leaving behind. So why are you surprised that it would be the youth leading the charge to protect their future?

It's just like how it was the youth leading the anti-Vietnam protests. Because they were the ones that actually had to suffer the consequences of that mess.

Do you believe that the high schoolers and college students that protested Vietnam should have also been ignored?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Should probably also add, where i hail from you are consider to be an adult at 16 in many respects.

It's not some 4-year-old finger painting on a stage, but a young adult that cares about the world and her future place within such.

She's not your typical millennial in many a respect should you care to think about it.

As to respect, well that earned, shes got mine, TPTB not so much.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

At least 30, before that time frame, my personal opinion is that you don't have the level of life experience to really have an opinion I would consider worth listening to.

a reply to: Xcalibur254

When it comes to Vietnam, absolutely they should have been ignored. The situation would have improved vastly if they were given no platform at all. My personal opinion is that the reason things went as badly as they did it that they prevented via protests and media opinion of the military doing their job to the best of their abilities. All in the interest of winning hearts and minds.

a reply to: fleabit
I do not, nor will I ever have children. I believe that forcing ideals down their throats is the quickest way to have an unthinking person in the world. That comes down to a discussion of self-awareness and independent thought. Also I see you mention the right...I am not a registered anything, nor do I agree with the standpoint of the right or the left for that matter.
edit on 9/24/19 by Hypntick because: Additional Reply

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm thinking spicier the sauce the better, probably helps kill bacteria.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

At what age do you think someone is capable of having an opinion you would listen to?

Let's see what the experts have to say:

At what age is the brain fully developed?

Although brain development is subject to significant individual variation, most experts suggest that the brain is fully developed by age 25. For some people, brain development may be complete prior to age 25, while for others it may end after age 25. The mid-20s or “25” is just an average age given as checkpoint for when the brain has likely become mature.

It may seem logical that those aged 18 to 25 are completely mature, the brain still is maturing – specifically the area known as the “prefrontal cortex.” Changes occurring between ages 18 and 25 are essentially a continued process of brain development that started during puberty. When you’re 18, you’re roughly halfway through the entire stage of development. The prefrontal cortex doesn’t have nearly the functional capacity at age 18 as it does at 25.

This means that some people may have major struggles with impulsive decisions and planning behavior to reach a goal. The brain’s reward system tends to reach a high level of activation during puberty, then gradually drifts back to normal activation when a person reaches roughly the age of 25. Adults over the age of 25 tend to feel less sensitive to the influence of peer pressure and have a much easier time handling it.

There is a very good reason why age is important: I have been 16. Greta has not been my age. She cannot think the way I do.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The UK likes to say 16 is an adult but then again Pedophilia is rampant there, pretty sure one of those backstreet boys went over to "shag a 16 yr old adult" lulz gtfo.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join