It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA breakthrough?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Apparently scientists just discovered something elementary in DNA and it could help us apparently. It's good they figured this out, but it's so elementary that I think it is old knowledge but new to whoever "discovered" it. It's a decent read.

scitechdaily.com...
edit on 9/23/2019 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

The premise is that it is hydrophobic forces (present because of the presence of water) that bind the double-helix together, and not hydrogen bonds as was generally accepted

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Man, these click bait threads lately. Maybe just say, "Scientists have discovered DNA has hydrophobic properties."

One sentence sums up the article.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct no. I'm no click baiter. It's new to me so I thought it was new for everyone else too. Blame the link for click baiting, lol. I'm not a scientist but I follow it so... Sry man.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Could've done this experiment in my kitchen.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They were able to alter the DNA environment and protection by using polyethylene glycol. That has similar actions to propylene glycol. Now both of those chemicals are used in foods and other things for our skin in our country. This new information makes me question the safety of those two chemicals more than ever now. Polyethylene glycol does exist as a byproduct in our metabolism, but I do not think we should be consuming those two glycols and surely not vaping with them.

Very good article that was presented, I did not read this one yet. I bookmarked this site, it has different information than science daily and physics.org.

This information may be useful in figuring things out properly in metabolisms relation to epigenetic gene expression.

new topics

top topics

join