It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back surgery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Skid: Good luck.Get it.Get back. Keep movin'! Been there!
God speed...

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Best of luck to you skiddy. Also have back issues. But, I'm too much of a coward to go through with the surgery.
You will do great!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Hey Skid!

Missed this last night so I'm late to the party. By now I imagine that you're already done and in recovery.

Heal up quick and keep us posted!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Skid, I hope that everything went well and you will be back in action in no time.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Skid! I hope you're up and around soon.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You'll feel like a whole new man soon enough Skiddy.

I'm sure you'll get in here as soon as you can to let us know how you're doing. In the meantime, just relax and heal up.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We're all pullin' for you Mr. Skid. You will be able to do everything you ever did. Try to take it slow at first. Let us know how you're doing matey.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hi. Thanks for the well wishes. I can't answer individual posts at the moment because there's no internet here and I'm on my phone. Here's an update though.

The surgery went well. I'm out of the hospital. I'm walking around with the help of a cane but I've been trying to cut back on the cane when I can.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Good news! hope you have a speedy recovery

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Wonderful! Wishing you a speedy recovery Skiddy!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh my god..

That giant mouse is eating that poor brown bears head. Maybe its even a grizzly?

D:

Skid!

Dont push it! Dont stagnate either!

What you do right here and now is likely going to determine the rest of your life. Choose wisely.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Holy cow - slow down pal! You're making the rest of us look bad. Seriously though that is fantastic news. Don't push it though. I just had my right hip replaced in Dec. and I thought I'd be jogging and mountain climbing in the first month but as my body realigns to the new longer leg and everything tries to realign I've had plantar fascitis in one foot, multiple strained back episodes and lately runner's knee (so painful), so here I am 9 months later and still doing lots of couch-ing.

Take care!!! So glad for the update.
edit on 26-9-2019 by hiddeninsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Glad to hear the surgery went well Skid Mark!

Keep us posted!

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

10 years later, and my hip still gives me pretty big problems. Now, it probably didnt help that I broke it again less than a year after the surgery.. But its definitely still a big issue!

My experience was that stretching helped more than pretty much anything else. At least until the second break did something.. weird.. where I cant stretch it far enough to matter.

My prescription, as a pseudo expert in horrific health issues to anyone going through these things, is to take it easy right after the surgery (wherever it is) until the incision site is pretty well healed. Still move around, thats important, but we can really screw things up by our desire to get back to "normal" asap. Then, moving on to PT and slowly building back up to what might be new limitations. Trying to get back to where we were before the injury or surgery can frequently lead to a permanently *lower* limitation. This is especially tricky, as we have generally spent our whole life getting used to things. Its all we have known, really, but that can change.

Then, keep stretching. Always. Never stop. Dont push it here either, ALL of these experiences are ALWAYS slower than we want. But, being patient might be the most important mindset we can have.

Its also important to listen to the docs (duh..), but if something really doesnt feel right.. listen to that instead.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Oh my goodness you are amazing, so fast to be up and about!

Great news mate, let us know what time your breakdancing show starts on Saturday night !

Keep healing.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Great news!
Just don't try to do too much.
"Enjoy" the downtime, you'll be back to the grind soon enough.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Happy Successful Surgery !
.... now remember the most important thing afterwards.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Love it!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hey Skiddy, you doing your Pow Wow dance yet?

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

So has anybody heard from Skid these days?
Did he make it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join