It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summoning the Demon The comming AI Explosion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
originally posted by: FinallyAwake
What I wonder is, when the AI becomes super intelligent, won't it wasn't to get rid of all the 'bad' people?

If so, I hope they start with the elite and corrupted people (and pedo's) in power before they do the civilians. Give us a chance to fall in line to live peaceful lives where everyone is kind to each other.

Rambling thoughts over 👍🏻

Eta I just realised I just complied with the idea of genocide 😳
edit on 23-9-2019 by FinallyAwake because: My thumb is dumb

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the movie industry comment. AI is being used in about every industry you can think of. Youd be hard-pressed to find an industry it's not being eyed for.

My thoughts were more on the "destroying mankind". I know robots are already AI, programmed of course, but still AI

Programmed is not AI.
A lot of what folks consider "AI" are new programmable logic gates
It started when a Japanese firm designed a logic gate -" if ____ then___else maybe____". (this is a simplification)
It was dubbed "Fuzzy Logic" as it did not depend on a single outcome

do you mean the logic gate is a type of syllogism?

Nope

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Every time AI is brought up, All I can think of is Skynet. We'll need a Terminator.

Though these robots could do a world of good in the world, I can't help but to think of how it could all turn bad in the end.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

AI has been breaking into many new industries and very rapidly, but the extent to which it's already being used in 2019 and the pace in which it is spreading exponentially into numerous other industry's may be rather surprising.

7 Industry's using AI now:

1) Healthcare and medicine - From front desk receptionists at clinics to CNAs, nurses, doctors, surgeons, and those in specialized areas, AI is helping automate processes across the board. Artificial intelligence via robotics is a high-level use case where AI-powered bots are already assisting with surgery's, including heart, colorectal, and thoracic. Electronic health record (EHR) technicians are using AI to help document, sort, and store records in digital form.

2) Education - Classrooms have been implementing small, tactile robots using AI for students to interact with as a form of teaching assistant or tutor. Instructors are using AI as well to automate tasks like grading but also to help indicate specifically where students are having trouble.

3) Marketing - Rather than spending endless hours A/B testing and running different headline and description combinations to determine click-through rates, Google’s Responsive Search Ads can be used to compile results that are then coupled with data analytics as well as all other acquired aggregate information being amassed such as customer current location and other frequented locations, known associates and their metadata, customer spending habits using credit cards and store incentive cards, etc. in order to target potential customers with what the AI determines the best way to reach the consumer with a product pitch.

4) Small business - The purpose of AI in a small business is to automate tasks that eat up a lot of time if done by a person. Many small businesses, especially those who are niche industry players are using AI to provide their customers with recommendations based on what other people have purchased or what people like will likely purchase next. Data analysis is a task prone to human error. Because acquiring, filtering, sorting, and analyzing data takes a lot of time for a human data analyst, ML algorithms powered by artificial intelligence can help automate the laborious task of data analysis.

5) Retail and e-commerce - AI in retail and e-commerce is a sector that benefits largely from automation given the volume of customer information, stock and inventory (in-store and online), and sales forecasting and predictions that have to be tracked. Also, In the e-commerce sphere, cart abandonment occurs when a customer has items in their online shopping cart, but does not complete their site visit with a purchase. By using predictive analytics and chatbots for retail, online stores can help lessen the likelihood that potential customers navigate away from their site without making a purchase as well as using AI chatbot's with natural language processing to ensure that none of their questions go answered.

6) Public relations - Machine learning is helping with predicting consumers’ wants and needs. ML algorithms track trends in user data and make predictions based on their findings. AI can help companies shape their approach while creating targeted products and services based on what ML algorithms detect as “trending.”

7) Recruitment and human resources (HR) - For human resources (HR) professionals, automating the recruitment process through artificial intelligence and machine learning is becoming widely popularized because it cuts back on manpower while making the task of finding candidates more streamlined.

I focused on industry's that are using AI right now that are directly affecting on a daily basis but left out a lot: Policing - predicting crime, Military - border defense and autonomous weapons, Aviation - AI is already taking over landing planes in many airports, Social manipulation using autonomous-powered algorithms - Cambridge Analytica is still under investigation for using the data from 50 million Facebook users to try to sway the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election and the U.K.'s Brexit referendum. We potentially are risking much and not just invasion of privacy, social grading or discrimination. Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk and Bill Gates have all been warning of some extreme dangers to a society from widespread rapid deployment of AI.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the movie industry comment. AI is being used in about every industry you can think of. Youd be hard-pressed to find an industry it's not being eyed for.

The "AI" currently used everywhere should really be called machine learning. It is not really intelligence imho.

In most primitive terms it is a huge equation with a large number of parameters/weigths which are trained during learning so that it produces desired outputs from a set of given inputs.

But it doesn't think, is not self aware. And it doesn't have to be for the job it is used for.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
So we have all these great conspiracies and mysterious groups and organizations. Do you think they will give away supremacy ( pun on quantum supremacy ). Or is it just that they with all their power and wealth invented a scapegoat (AI). So that the average mofo is lulled to sleep with technobabble and doesn't question their (elite) narrative anymore.

AI doesn't take over the world Elite doesn't allow it , they got real supremacy. Just follow ugly fooOtprints of google

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

What I wonder is, when the AI becomes super intelligent, won't it wasn't to get rid of all the 'bad' people?

If so, I hope they start with the elite and corrupted people (and pedo's) in power before they do the civilians. Give us a chance to fall in line to live peaceful lives where everyone is kind to each other.

Rambling thoughts over 👍🏻

It brings up my big question in regards to Singularity level AI - what is its core purpose? Will it want to make life better for humanity? Will it want to eliminate injustice? Will it only care about advancement of knowledge? Or "purifying" the Earth of anything that contributes too much Carbon Dioxide?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It The Singularity level Intelligence would probably have evaluated activities throughout the universe and or Existence depending on the technology it encountered.
With access to a vast information pool of Existence it would probably understand planetary failure and progression processes that assist the Planets inhabitants coexistence, energy needs, food needs and waste disposal that isn't damaging to the environment/habitat.
Then after location updated to progress the singularity moves on. Until next update.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join