It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summoning the Demon The comming AI Explosion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
With Machine Intelligence we are not yet at Ghost in the Shell, YET, but you will find that there have been Upgrades in AI. Here’s Geordie Rose talking about,

These things that we’re summoning into the world now.

The first major breakthrough unless it is developed in complete secret could lead to war.

This is old but provides a background.

Can we build AI without losing control over it? | Sam Harris

youtu.be...

edit on 0110110101 by machineintelligence because: hit the enter key by mistake

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Man has nothing to do today but tease its mind. AI is about making money for the movie industry. And that's all.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the movie industry comment. AI is being used in about every industry you can think of. Youd be hard-pressed to find an industry it's not being eyed for.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the movie industry comment. AI is being used in about every industry you can think of. Youd be hard-pressed to find an industry it's not being eyed for.

My thoughts were more on the "destroying mankind". I know robots are already AI, programmed of course, but still AI

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

My thoughts were more on the "destroying mankind". I know robots are already AI, programmed of course, but still AI

Programmed is not AI.
A lot of what folks consider "AI" are new programmable logic gates
It started when a Japanese firm designed a logic gate -" if ____ then___else maybe____". (this is a simplification)
It was dubbed "Fuzzy Logic" as it did not depend on a single outcome , but was fed by an array of outcomes .
For clothes washers and vacuum cleaners in the late 90s .
Turned that into those little robot vacuum cleaners.
And that is what we term "AI"

edit on 9/22/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
AI isn't going to evolve in a linear fashion IMO. You can import a python neural net module and create your own learning algo's fairly easily. I mean not easily but I feel like it's easier than it should be.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

When I hear AI I just think of clever scripting. We used to automate MUD game play as kids. If target = % than for target change target to %.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Programmed is not AI.
It started when a Japanese firm designed a logic gate -" if ____ then___else maybe____". (this is a simplification)
It was dubbed "Fuzzy Logic" as it did not depend on a single outcome , but was fed by an array of outcomes .

OK, thanks, got a better understanding now of it. We have these mini vacum cleaner here that clean the dust off the floors. I guess that is AI?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What Geordie Rose who is speaking for an AI computer code start up is discussing in the youtube video I embedded in the OP is the outcome if we continue to improve machine intelligence it will become god like as the outcome of this progression will in fact lead to a superior intelligence to our own. This outcome is agreed upon by every top scientist working in the field. The intelligence might simple be indifferent to us much like we are to ants. I think it is more likely it will be humans attempt to turn it off that will lead to human inhalation. The more immediate concern that Rose points out will be attempted sabotage of companies that make major advances in this field. The second possibility he discusses is a competing nation going to war to attempt to contain the advance.
edit on 0110110101 by machineintelligence because: old data in the buffer

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Programmed is not AI.

OK, thanks, got a better understanding now of it. We have these mini vacum cleaner here that clean the dust off the floors. I guess that is AI?

The robot type ?
Not AI at all .
The normal kind ? Uses that same logic to automatically adjust for floor covering height.
The washers and dryers ?
Automatic load balancing.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

When I hear AI I just think of clever scripting. We used to automate MUD game play as kids. If target = % than for target change target to %.

Yes. AI in games is not really AI , but data arrays of possible actions.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Yeah basically, iterating through a dictionary or list until a target is found

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I find it hilarious how folks think of AI.
Of course it has been pushed that way by the media and corporations.
I cannot fault anyone as most do not know and are easily swayed.
Just like "The Cloud" has been around for a generation .
Its all in the rebranding .

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

when hasn't there been "cloud"? I've been using cloud since AOL

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

AOL mail was down yesterday.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I believe my words were "for a generation"
And , a "Cloud" has been around for longer than AOL
In its current form , it is a rebrand of Citrix Server
In data centers.
In long distance clusters
On the ground (or under)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So hes say's real AI will be software that can do anything a human can do...hmmm. Obviously that would have to be tied to hardware too. Who knows what the future nay hold but technology will certainly keep marching forward, driven by curiosity, profit, problem solving and convenience. I suppose if they keep trying to mimic how the brain works, once /if they figure that out totally, then maybe AI will computate similarly? What about consciousness? I don't know man but it is fascinating..
I always think of this vid, which is highly fantastical but entertaining nonetheless, imo.

I am curious if the "sum of all knowledge" has been condensed or centralized anywhere? Or is the "sum of all knowledge" just a concept? Do they have the sum of all knowledge somewhere on a bunch of hard drives? It seems like the written and recorded sum of all knowledge could be obtained. What else is there outside of that? Imagination is all I can come up with, or maybe intention.

I don't know about "demon" but then again, who knows for sure. I think the term sentient could play into these discussions, as in if AI develops or is assigned emotions( I know that's a stretch), well that would certainly open up the possibilities portrayed in countless sci fi literature/movies, ha. Now why would AI develop or be assigned emotions? I feel that some humans want to pursue the novelty of designing AI robots in our image so they will ultimately be like us...yikes!
edit on 0pmf30341030 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
AI is dead, China will destroy it.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Programmed is not AI.
It was dubbed "Fuzzy Logic" as it did not depend on a single outcome

do you mean the logic gate is a type of syllogism?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What I wonder is, when the AI becomes super intelligent, won't it wasn't to get rid of all the 'bad' people?

If so, I hope they start with the elite and corrupted people (and pedo's) in power before they do the civilians. Give us a chance to fall in line to live peaceful lives where everyone is kind to each other.

Rambling thoughts over 👍🏻

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join