It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus Could Have Supported Life for Billions of Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
If you think about it if you put a Sci-Fi twist on the story of Noah it really could be a story of the ancient past where a doomed highly advanced civilization sent an "Ark" filled with DNA of it's world to repopulate another.

Just saying we may not be from around here.

It actually makes more sense. I've always had an affinity for the Flood and Ark story, and maintained that I believe its 100% true - just maybe not the way we believe it. In my mind, its always been DNA samples, not fully-grown paired animals.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
...and we should always trust climate models, whether they predict the future or the past.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Great post, great info, thank you.

What if Venus was populated by humans and when it started getting hot, the humans built colonies on Earth, and in a few more billion years when the Earth is too hot, we colonize Mars after an atmosphere was created through those billions of years. I just hope the sun shines its cooler side at us next year as predicted.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

What if Venus was populated by humans and when it started getting hot, the humans built colonies on Earth, and in a few more billion years when the Earth is too hot, we colonize Mars after an atmosphere was created through those billions of years. I just hope the sun shines its cooler side at us next year as predicted.

Pretty much ripping off the Battlestar Galactica script there.
The remake really outshone the original.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

Really? I've never seen it but I figured it would be more like Star Trek.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

No! not that it matters I am not an author other than a few short story's (which were written - sorry typed for fun and not for credit or money or anything like that - if only I was so gifted but sometimes I can't make heads or tails of this real world never mind create a fictional one complete with characters and personality's - Julian may was brilliant with that with Aitken Drum being one of his most likeable creations from his time travelling Pleistocene novels - and he DID reuse the concept of humans from elsewhere though that was a plot twist later in those novel's) but that is actually nothing like Battlestar Galactica (and as for the new version being better sorry but no the special affects yes but the new BSG was crap - lets call the new BSG just BS to differentiate it).

Let's compare, Battlestar Galactica human's are from another star system and the earth is a lost colony (rehashed time and again in many science fiction movies since such as outlander were the earth is an abandoned seed colony), my idea (and I doubt very much that I am first to think of it) was a time travel future shock twist in a form akin to the old comic book story's from a british comic called 2000AD (I am talking about the original late 70's to mid 80's era not the later crap stuff) called Future Shock's that used to run for a single story ever now and then but not in every issue.

Battlestar Galactica human's here are a lost tribe while a bunch of neo Hellenistic alien human's whom are somehow distantly related there ancestors having arose on the same lost homeworld are fleeing a run away AI called the Cylon's which were (Original BSG) created by a race of intelligent lizards (the original Cylon's) whom they had over thrown and wiped out before turning there attention on the human's whom they believed to be a threat.
New BSG did away with the Cylons entirely and made the robotic AI's a human invention playing on current worries about real world AI.

However you will find that the original BSG has indeed been aped, it was not the origin of the ancient astronaut theory but it did perhaps more even then the fringe book's that once proposed it as an alternative origin for humanity to popularise the subject and today there are New Age UFO believers (not to be confused with all UFO believers) whom are convinced we have cousin's out there that are simply more advanced human being's.

Some even claimed that the original introduction to the original BSG was a form of soft disclosure but hmmm, not sold on that.

All the new series did was bring the concept to a younger generation of viewers and to all real BSG fan's it was a disgusting abuse of the name and nothing to do with the BSG we loved when we were kid's - we were the star wars generation remember and could not get enough of this crap.

Anyway back on track, real world conjecture, if we find evidence for life elsewhere in the solar system it may indicate that the old concept of panspermia may be at least partially correct, this in turn could mean that it is likely then that our galaxy could be teeming with life most of it microbial but in rare environment's were it could become more this in turn would mean that intelligent life may exist elsewhere in the galaxy (I believe it does regardless but am just trying to keep a level head here) so as you can see though we are indulging in pure speculation here so are the scientists responsible for doing the actual work on the subject and they have gone as far as to say that Venus could potentially have been earth like for billions of years, some of them even believe there is still life there in the cloud's as was very intelligently posted earlier in the thread by "Soylant Green Is People" whose post was a great addition to the thread, I do wonder if those dark streak's could indeed be an aerial bacteria high in the Venusian atmosphere (Science fiction based on scientific theory - and perhaps inspired by Star Wars has suggested that future human colonization of the planet may be possible if we build floating city's high in the Venusian atmosphere - while Elon Musk want's to nuke the surface of mars which would be a tragedy as it may hide evidence for a lost past such as this little snippet www.marsruins.com... dust devil's my insultingly hairy backside).

edit on 23-9-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: ntech
If you think about it if you put a Sci-Fi twist on the story of Noah it really could be a story of the ancient past where a doomed highly advanced civilization sent an "Ark" filled with DNA of it's world to repopulate another.

Just saying we may not be from around here.

It actually makes more sense. I've always had an affinity for the Flood and Ark story, and maintained that I believe its 100% true - just maybe not the way we believe it. In my mind, its always been DNA samples, not fully-grown paired animals.

Here's where I will get roasted a bit, I believe the flood was real, I can not fit it into my scientific ideas about the earth's history but my gut tell's me it was very real, the problem with that stuff is which one do you go with either or both.
www.noahsark.it...

My take on it is that both are true and rationalize this by suggesting that our universe is far weirder than any one can accept today and that parallel reality's actually merge (as well as diverge), an artificial merging and then re-diverging could even be used as one way to flood the earth, find two reality's in one the earth is much larger with more water but less dense, in the other is our rocky planet, merging the two would make the water from the other earth start to appear in thin air and even come out of the ground and when you re-diverge them the water from the other reality goes back to that reality leaving the devastation and a planet scoured of it's city's and people's, fluctuational merging could result in a planet/world made up of several different history's that are all equally absolutely accurate but equally completely contradictory, think mandela effect on steroid's but physical not simply memory.
It is possible that belief does have a quantum affect on reality as well and can shape the universe around us by merging and diverging parallel reality's and shaping our reality in a kind of quantum consciousness feedback loop of some kind - but we are not very good at it obviously and most of us live more or less in the same reality as everyone else or they would be invisible to us, as individuals we are simply not strong enough to diverge our reality for selfish reason's, perhaps we are a part of a whole our consciousness tied in with other consciousness on our world - perhaps beyond it - at some level which negates the supposed reality hoppers concept which I do not believe but a sufficiently powerful consciousness could though it would also affect reality for all other's around it as it's mental mass reshaped reality to it's need's.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Was Valiant Thor not supposed to be from Venus?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Personally I don't believe the story about him BUT (more things in heaven and earth).

I believe that guy was supposed to be from there but more likely he was from somewhere in the US, still some places are more alien than other's.

To be fair beyond the story was the guy they often claim to be him just an ordinary human being or could he be really what the story claim's an alien, and if an alien would he even tell the US his real origin, then again given it's inhospitably nature Venus would make a great hidden base for someone assuming that extremophile alien's using something other than water and carbon as there life base (so perhaps silicon based life if it could exist) do not exist there already, hmm Silicon based fire Scorpion's, then again if we were to meet someone native to pluto - if life could exist in such condition's and become advanced and multi cellular rather than just microbial chemosynthetic bug's then we would be like fire people to them?.

Just a quick browse of the net for anyone not familiar with that story, look's like a typical 1950's-60's yank to me.
www.nextagemission.com...
Smack's more of sci op's to me though.
You know something though, what if he was a Russian?.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Perhaps Venus was our original home. Or maybe Mars.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Let’s assume that this theory is correct. What we’re talking about then is a process with a natural cause that matches what is being predicted for THIS planet....hmmm. I wonder if this research team realizes that they’re making the Deniers’ case for them? Unless this team has some additional evidence of a race of beings that might account for a “Venusopomorphic” cause.....thoughts ?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Not too long from now the aliens will land and and say, "Earth could have supported life a hundred years ago."

edit on 23-9-2019 by cybervigilante because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2019 by cybervigilante because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

About 15 years ago I had a very vivid repeating dream for a few months about exploring Venus and coming across lots of obvious signs of life.

I looked into it and was told that Venus could never have supported life. But those dreams sure seemed real.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual
Or! Battlestar Galactica, Elon Musk and comp, and others have been ripping off and repackage our friendly neighborhood traveling Venusian and his crew who liked to visit the white house back when it was cool to do, and well some of the other Venusians have been known of hanging around with Nazis as well, back when that was cool to do.

But really who has time to read into any of that stuff. Especially when the story is still not the original, but then again neigher is Battlestar Galactica, and now even Battlestar Galactica is not the original Battlestar Galactica. Quite a conundrum indeed.

Maybe one day will read Valiant Thors and these other Venusians like that other one? What the hell was his name? Oh ya, Tesla. Maybe one day will read there books.
Valiant Thors Venusian Science Secrets.
Valiant thors book of Vril, on how to live long and prosper

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is really fascinating. The wonders of the cosmos.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
I looked into it and was told that Venus could never have supported life. But those dreams sure seemed real.

I'm not sure what you looked into or how outdated that information might have been, but it's not true that Venus could have never supported life.

As Gortex's post points out, there has been some research done over the past couple of decades suggesting that Venus might have been habitable for life as we know it in the past.

And I mentioned in a post above, it has been thought for a while now that the cloudtops of Venus (clouds that have Earth-like qualities) might be able to support life today -- as in right now -- and that there are possible indications of that potential life.

Could Dark Streaks in Venus' Clouds Be Microbial Life? -- NASA Article

Here is another NASA paper written back in 2003 in which potential life indicators have been observed in the clouds of Venus -- in this case, potential chemical imbalances that might suggest life processes occurring.

Astrobiology: The Case for Venus

From that paper:

3.3 Present Life
...There is some evidence that the trace-gas constituents of the Venus atmosphere are not in chemical equilibrium with each other. On Earth, the primary source of disequilibrium in the atmospheric chemistry is the activities of biological processing; could disequilibrium on Venus also be a sign of life? In 1997, David Grinspoon made the suggestion that microbes in the clouds and middle atmosphere could be the source of the disequilibrium. In 2002, Dirk SchulzeMakuch independently proposed that observations of the Venus atmosphere by space probes showed signatures of possible biological activity.

edit on 9/24/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Very interesting, I appreciate all the links too. Thanks for your help

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
What I'm about to say is completely unscientific and I expect that I may well get roasted for expressing my thoughts here... But nonetheless.

From a fairly young age I've always had this abstract idea that the rocky, internal planets, are all representative of something like an assembly line... IE once upon a time Venus was much as Earth is now and Earth was possibly more like Mars...

Further that, in time, Venus will start to seem more like Mercury, Earth will become like current Venus and Mars will end up the planet with the Earth like atmosphere.

It's just an abstraction and mostly my "feels" but it's always made sense to me for some reason.

This theory has already been talked about a long time ago. I forgot who did a write up but this idea isn't new nor is it a unique idea.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join