It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Black Figure in Sky (Minnesota)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Malfunctioning firework rocket.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If you download the video and watch it closely in a video editor it happens more than once. Not all of them fly as far and dark as the main one.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

a reply to: LookingAtMars

Yeah, it was storming that night which is why he was filming. The flashes of light are lightning on horizon.

The flashes look like they are on the ground. It could be lightning, sure is strange the smoke thing is coming from where the flashes happen.

I would say it could be smoke from something but smoke would leave a consistent trail. This thing is all over the place and the trail disappears behind it.

That's what something looks like that is being shot through the air that wasn't designed to be shot through the air

edit on 22-9-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
The flight is similar to when you let the air out of a balloon and it goes flying all over the place.
Like these rocks balloons.

Edit:
Could have been a weather balloon that got away from someone.
A malfunction trying to launch a weather balloon into a storm.
edit on 22-9-2019 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Looks like it's exhibiting aquatic maneuvers.

It's similar to an eel swimming.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Could be a Skyfish that got hit by a flash of lightening.

At first I thought it was a kit flying around, but after watching the rest of the film I'm going to go with either Skyfish or maybe a ball lightening made out of anti-matter.
Sky-fish seem to be on the move lately for some reason, just look at the increases in cattle mutilations, and small animal disappearances.

Ball lightening made out of anti-matter is also a possibility since we know that a flash of lightening can produce small amounts of the stuff.

So that's what I'm going with. If there is jelly found on the ground near the area where the black thing flew, then Skyfish. If nothing is found then anti-matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Could be, but in the shot that is not zoomed in (where you can see reflections of other things like lights on his window), this black streak comes seemingly from behind tree. I can't see it over top of tree or that cloud as I would think I would with a reflection.

A reflection? I didn't say it was a reflection.

An out of focus object appears translucent, so it always appears to go behind any darker object and in front of any brighter object.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Could be a Skyfish that got hit by a flash of lightening.

It appears before the lightning.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

My bad about the reflections, no you didn't say reflection. Had my ideas mixed up.

As to a bug on the lens; wouldn't that cover a larger area of the picture? Even a fruit fly on a camera lens would, I think, unless this is a humongo camera. The black shape swooshing around in the image is quite small in relation to the whole image. If just looking at the zoomed in version, it would be easy to say bug...not the whole image though.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

This is interesting. Been bugging me all day. Looking at your stills they themselves look like that have forks or tails like lightning. So I googled if lightning can be dark. And in the link it says it can be, but it is invisible.

Cant get link to work.

I liked this paragraph in the link.
The air between the charges normally acts as an insulating layer, which means that no sparks can fly — no lightning — unless something causes that insulation to break down. Scientists have known from lab experiments that super-strong electric fields can temporarily convert the air’s electrically neutral molecules into a conductive pathway.

Anyways interesting read and maybe we still don't know that much about lightning.

edit on 22-9-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hmmmm ... interesting!

It seems too slow to be some form of non illuminated lightening somehow made visible, but I'm no expert.

I'll go with true Fortean unknown ...

or the smoke monster from Lost entered the real world via a storm...

or negative images of Chinese dragons? Shadows of invisible Chinese dragons?

Are skyfish black... or real?

edit on 9/22/2019 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it appears to be ON the lens, not out in front of it

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

As to a bug on the lens; wouldn't that cover a larger area of the picture? Even a fruit fly on a camera lens would, I think, unless this is a humongo camera.

Or a very small bug.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

If it was a Skyfish, it may have been effected by the charge in the air. I'm not sure how large they are, but given that they could reportible pick up a cow, they must be fairly large. Something that big flying around might create a charge of static on it's self (like wearing wool socks on a carpet)

There have been a larger number of whales washing up on shore lately, maybe whatever is getting them confused is also confusing the Skyfish.

a reply to: Baddogma
There has been reported images of them of IR Cameras, and reports of these "flying Jellyfish" type of creatures all around the globe for centuries (sky kraken anyone?). I've personally seen the damage from something that fits the description of a "flying jellyfish", when I was doing UFO investigations. SO for me they are very possibly real, but like many cryptids until a body shows up there is no definitive proof (unless you count the weird gels that show up in city yards from time to time).

As far as I can tell, they are either able to camouflage themselves, or are transparent. I would assume that getting hit by lightening might put a carbon layer on one that could cause the object we see in the video.

Anti-matter shouldn't be dismissed either since nobody has seen that stuff either, but we know that it could be created by a lightening flash. So plausibly a ball lightening made of anti-matter could happen. That also could plausibly explain what we see in the video. I guess we would have to have someone on the ground to check for any gels that might have fallen from the sky that day if we want to rule out Skyfish.

edit on 22-9-2019 by Guyfriday because: I had a "MOMENT"

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sky Dragon. Most definitely.

Honestly, no clue. The thing appears to fly through a cloud and leave a wake behind it though. Is there such a thing as a sky selkie?

eta: what is a skyfish? have't heard that one. Off to search lol
edit on 22-9-2019 by Starcrossd because: asked question

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I didn't know Star Jelly was so linked to "sky jellyfish." Thanks.

Sorta off topic of the video, in the early 70's in suburban Chicago, the morning after a large meteor storm found small, whitish-grey blobs that slowly pulsated while inching up the pillars on our front porch. There were 20 or so, varying from a couple inches to almost a foot across. The were crusty on the outside, with hexagonal plates, and yeasty inside.

There were "grad students" from the Uni of Chicago going around the neighborhood taking samples and the things turned to durst when the sun broke through the morning mist a couple hours later.

The grad student I pestered (as a child) said "maybe it is from last nights meteor shower?"

There are many questions about that morning... like how did the grad students show up so fast (at daybreak)? Who called them? And what were those things? They looked like some colony of fungus but I haven't been able to find info on it since.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

WHAT..THA...FUUUUUU....

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I've heard that story before. The gel stuff seems to dry out fairly quickly, but if you can get it before the sun hits it, and get it into the freezer, you should be able to get it examined by a lab after the hype dies down. As for the students showing up so fast? Sometimes when something weird happens a Professor will call up students and see if they want "extra credit" for getting out there and collecting whatever is needed. What bugs me is two years ago we had a massive dump of gel here in Washington State and the state lab tried to strong arm people to get all of it collected. the little that did get tested outside of the state lab showed that it had some recumbent human DNA in it.

I was told about people reporting "living" UFOs the night before the gel event took place, and a friend of mine wanted me to go out with them to investigate. The next day we head about the gel everywhere. Skyfish seemed like the obvious answer to the UFO question that night. Neat story you have, I'm glad you had some experience with the weird sky gel.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

My story is only possibly related to skygel but it certainly was food for thought for an 8 yr old!

Yeah, that Washington dump screams the MIC (military industrial complex for noobs) testing on the populace, doesn't it?

I suppose it could be ET, interdimensionals, or the secret space guys, but testing a bio-weapon matrix holding common cold bugs works, too.

I'd love to know what's actually going on here... at least I think I do.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I'd like to post the video directly but it is not on youtube (that I'm aware of) and is embedded in local news site so can only provide link to page:

In-Forum

Detroit Lakes resident, Todd Mitchell was trying to get video of Friday night's lightning. On a re-watch he noticed he'd captured what appears to be an odd, black shape seemingly flying through the sky before it vanishes into thin air. Initially you may think it's just a bug, but the figure comes back and if you watch closely it looks like it flies through a cloud.

I've always hated blurry dot UFO videos but, this one is a bit different - not just a dot but has more of a tail, odd movements and appears to weave through clouds or I'd just think it a bug or reflection or such...

Just wanted to share a local story that probably wouldln't get out otherwise! Please share what you think.

Actually, the video shows a figure moving much faster than this slow Alaskan ice "monster" that's been claimed to be just ice. But it undulates just like the one in the video. An unknown and one of many.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join