It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shining/ Doctor sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Growing up this was a movie that has played many times over the years, fantastic film.

Here comes my Sunday morning "See what movies are coming out coffee drinking binge".

www.youtube.com... sorry I do not know how to post vids still but the movie is called Doctor sleep. I'm going to say it's a sequel to the original as in the description it says Ewan McGregor will be portraying Danny which we all know is the kid in the original. Here is a quote in the description.

"Still irrevocably scarred by the trauma he endured as a child at the Overlook, Dan Torrance has fought to find some semblance of peace. But that peace is shattered when he encounters Abra, a courageous teenager with her own powerful extrasensory gift, known as the “shine.” Instinctively recognizing that Dan shares her power, Abra has sought him out, desperate for his help against the merciless Rose the Hat and her followers, The True Knot, who feed off the shine of innocents in their quest for immortality."

I'm sure many of you enjoyed the movie many moons ago so that is why I post. Would love thoughts and reactions to the trailer. To me it seems all the movies now a days try to over do it with cgi, which in many cases leaves plot holes the size of texas. But we shall see as this was one of my 1st child hood actual scary movies. Thanks for reading and hope you check it out and let me know what you think!

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

I never really liked the movie with Jack Nicholson. It's so far off from the book it's not funny. The miniseries is better. Speaking of books, if you haven't read Dr. Sleep do yourself a favor and read it. It's really good.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks for the reply, I'll be honest and never read the book but I will look into the Doctor sleep one, perhaps read the original given time. Never saw they had a mini series as I don't watch a lot of tv. I'll google it thanks again!

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Wouldn't mind a cameo from Jack, in the comments people talk about a picture, face shift, still froze in the labyrinth to him even being a bartender somewhere in the movie. Think that would be a good thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You might want to read The Shining first since Dr. Sleep is the sequel.

Here's the trailer for the miniseries.

Stephen King, author of the novel, didn't like the Stanley Kubrick version.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Here ya go.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Thanks David!

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I saw Doctor Sleep this weekend. Not a big surprise that it deviates from the book. I suspect any die-hard King fan would come to expect that going in. I would have rated the movie as a B-. It was really slow. About halfway through the movie, I actually checked my watch to see how much was left.... I really wanted to like it because I'm a fan of the premise of the story. In the end, I think it fell short and was a completely forgettable flick despite the best efforts of the cast.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Overall, I enjoyed the movie, Yes, it's just a movie folks, doesn't matter if you seen the original or not, which I have.
Rebecca Ferguson (Rose The Hat) only makes me want to watch this over and over, over, over and over. FINE actress and movie.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Kubrick's "The Shining"
I give it 4 thumbs up.

"Dr. Sleep"?
I stopped watching it after 20 minutes.
Didn't care for it.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I watched it as well, the whole thing.. I was disappointed it could have been soooo much better. Only thing I liked was the bartender scene near the end.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I would still like to read the books though, don't yell at me too bad here. I read the harry potter books and they blew the movies away. It's weird when I am eager to read a book, it just doesn't happen often these days. I'd love to read what was posted above.. After I'll come back and say what I thought compared to the movies.. we're looking at 2021 here lol..

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the shining...had a blast watching it with a bunch of friends and having to walk home at 1:30am back in my early teens.

I thought dr sleep did the great movie some justice.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
OK. Just watching this movie for the first time. Haven’t read the book so I can’t speak to how much it deviates or not. But this movie seriously #ed me up. I feel like it has a super dark energy. They were a few scenes where I started crying and couldn’t watch, and that’s not typical for me with movies. I kept thinking about Franklin Nebraska and the seedy underground of missing children and conspiracy theories about what happens to missing kids and it just creeped me out in the biggest way.

new topics

top topics

join