It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bow Combat Next Level!! Why Dont We See This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ive always thought how much better bow combat could be in movies and tv shows.

Im mean really how good would the entertainment be when you show real world applications other than suspending belief.

Green Arrow.
Hawkeye.
Robin Hood.
All Elves.
Etc, etc.

youtu.be...

How good would it be if Hollywood shows us bow master shooting around corners and other possible yet seemingly impossible shots.

Bow combat could be way better

edit on 22-9-2019 by Skyfox81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfox81
I would not like to be one of the people standing in front of him, no matter how good a shot he is.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Check out the movie war of arrow, best bow combat in a movie. You wont be disappointed.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I've been able to do this a few times over the years.

Unfortunately, it turned around the deer and killed the tree behind it...

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That guy is gonna kill someone soon or later.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That guy huh

That's horseback archery on foot with a 15# bow

archerytag.com...

watch some matches you'll find the archery combat your looking for

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
That's cool and all but I wouldn't call him a "bow master" when he's aiming towards and shooting around actual people. That's just stupid, no matter how good you are.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

to be cynical - its nothing more than a party trick - a skilled party trick - but still of almost zero real world application

it haszero use in actual fighting or war - as impact energy is minimal - and penetration less

his targets are foam mats and coke cans - and they dont suffer much damage

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
That guy should be in movies.

I thought that scene in the Hobbit were legolas was doing all that fancy bowskill at closer range and while doing flips and jumping from orc to orc shooting them was pretty spiffy if not so obviously CGI. But the CGI was not the hardest thing to believe in the hobbit movies and legolas scenes.

Though I would much prefer watching the dwarfs ride there goats and smash people with there hammers in those movies, they look so cute riding there wargoats. In fact, the hobbit trilogy movies, were dam good, got to watch it again some day.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
True, those people did not have much to worry about as an arrow that can bend around corners wont have much power or kinetic energy behind it.

You could do it, but not something that would be deadly or all that usefull in what a bow and arrow was designed to do, which is hit things at longer ranges then you could throw a rock at. With a recurve just get the lightest arrow you can find, at the lowest spine ranges, so it flexes like crazy. And it could be done with a bit of a flick and some practice and technique.

Even if you hit somebody in front of all those cans or foam targets. But at that point your arrow is pretty much a long sharpened feather. You know may not even penetrate the skin much, just pull it out and bandaid it up, and they will be ready to go.

Like you said, cant even kill the foam mats and coke cans with that. Not supper deadly, but supper annoying if you got hit by one of those. Unless you got hit in the eye or something.

top topics

join