It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia playing America.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
(at least at face value)

Australian prime minister Scott Morrison is now attending Trumps state invitation to discuss all things allied.

Problem i have with this supposed solid alliance between American and Australia is this - Scott Morrison has completely and repeatably defended Australias trade relationship with China whilst at times propositioning trump to reconsider tariff relief. Morrison also shys away from most of the talk around retribution.
For me this is not key allied behaviour, despite sending pitiful help when requested in relation to deployments, rather it's convenience.

Australia needs to make a stand and stop sitting on the fence trying to play both sides for a double edged advantage - Chinas trade, Americas defence.

So what would Australia do if the SHTF and missles started flying ? Whilst China, Russia, etc joined forces and started laying down demands.
What's more important to Australia - Free trade or Free will.

www.aph.gov.au...>CIB9697

America needs to really pick it's friends a bit better as who really knows if Australia would unconditionally have Americas back (which is what would be demanded/expected) - i have my doubts, i think Australia smells like turncoat material which is both very sad for its future communist outlook and for Americas reliance on it's allies when the need is really prevelant.

With current times marching strongly towards serious conflict i for one expect more from our top allies and am not seeing it, it makes me mad, uncertain, perhaps even minutely concerned for free will in the not to distant future.

So wake up Australia - unfortunately you can't play both sides of the court, pick a side - stick to it and stop using the USA to defend your backside.

Australia you infact are not playing the game the Number one ticket holders (USA) way, this is not helpful or desirable or sustainable in the long term.

The free world is in trouble. Real trouble.

edit on 22-9-2019 by CthruU because: link

edit on 22-9-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well, the real question here is...would Australia ever act in opposition to the UK?

Because that is essentially what you are saying (if I'm reading your OP correctly). The US and the UK have been, and will continue to be, allies. Australia is assumed, perhaps incorrectly, to be part of this alliance. Are you suggesting otherwise?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 9/22/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Sure we trade with china but at the end of the day, if SHTF we will always stand with the USA and England as we share a culture. Plus there dirty commies and nobody likes dirty commies.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
is your nappy rash playing up junior

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Well, the real question here is...would Australia ever act in opposition to the UK?

Because that is essentially what you are saying (if I'm reading your OP correctly). The US and the UK have been, and will continue to be, allies. Australia is assumed, perhaps incorrectly, to be part of this alliance. Are you suggesting otherwise?

we already have Churchill demanded that the aussie divs. be redirected to Burma instead of aust for jungle training
to fight in new guinea
but remember we never let you blokes down in 4 bloody wars so go get rooted

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

What is the uk view on China trade?
The UK can't even brexit it would seem, proven inadequacies in descision making. I am "essentially" saying that America really needs to weigh up and analyze it's allies true agendas as Australia as "assumed" may be part of that alliance, but Australia is and has been talking republic for decades so Australian reliance on the Commonwealth is not so absolute.

I'm not suggesting Australia is not part but i am suggesting Australia is not supporting it's main alliance the way it should be. That is plain as day.

So why throw state dinners and treat them like they are supporting accordingly?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pronto

Unlike yourself - i don't have the luxury of living in denial, oblivious to the real world.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Unlike yourself - i don't have the luxury of living in denial, oblivious to the real world.

I gather pocket billiards is your main game

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Hey! Australia is one of my favorite countries on Earth! I was merely asking a question in response to the OP.

You go get rooted!

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

You are either with us or against us

*America

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

a reply to: pronto

Hey! Australia is one of my favorite countries on Earth! I was merely asking a question in response to the OP.

You go get rooted!

well done good reply u get a beer
but remember never question the resolve of aussies to stand with brits and yanks
the governments may and do change but the hearts of the people stay the same
old digger/bloody old digger
oi u know wot go get rooted really means
struth don't tell the yanks we will both get banned

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Cheeky
Only a couple of years ago and the US was balls deep in trade with China
Suddenly along comes Trump and cuts ties, good on him as well, perked your economy up and has generated a huge financial boom, maybe on face value anyway. Economy and employment skyrocket and the US industry sparks back into life
Australia with a population about the same size of a large US city doesn’t have the benefit of the money and the resources the US has, we don’t have such great trade with the US either.
Pretty sure we buy more of you than we sell to the US

So, cut ties with China, go broke and then what

Let’s consider the money the US trades with Muslim nations, do you care more about them than us, if a war started would you side with your greater trade partners over Australia, invade us for them.
We got boomerangs and bad attitudes and barbecues, bring the beer

Oh, and a decade or two ago Australia sold all its gold and invested in US dollars, bad move in my opinion but it was a deal we made with you guys
Consider that if you will
edit on 22-9-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Australia is completely dependent today on its trade with China. We have not had a recession since the early 90's. Even during the GFC, China's insatiable hunger for our iron ore caused us to boom while everyone else was tanking. As a result of the current trade war, Australia's economy is tanking. Anyone in Australia under the age of 40 has never experienced an economic downturn in their working life. Things are not looking good in Australia at the moment economically, unemployment rising, underemployment through the roof. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.
edit on 22-9-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Australia with a population about the same size of a large US city doesn’t have the benefit of the money and the resources the US has, we don’t have such great trade with the US either.

The largest US city isn't even half the population of Australia. So perhaps saying Australia has about the same population as say Florida, would be a far more accurate comparison.

But to the OP, its just mindbogglingly idiotic to assert that Australia would side with China over the US if it came to military conflict... so I'm just going to assume that you have more sense than that and are just trolling.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Oops, my mistake, I was sure there were a few cities with populations over 20 million but there are only three.
Thanks for the correction, wouldn’t want to make that mistake to often

Outside of that, siding with China, don’t think so, selling out our country to China, that’s another issue sadly I can’t defend

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Australia’s been one of our best allies since WWII; even sent troops to Vietnam, which only a few of our allies did. But I’ve noticed liberal causes seem very popular among younger Aussies these days, much like our Millennials and Generation Z. This can only weaken your great nation as it has America. China presents a dilemma for you guys; you have a huge trade surplus — $95 billion in exports vs. $41 billion in imports. You also provide a lot of technology to China that could be used against both of us in a war. But we’re the worst offenders by far in that regard. At least 340,000 Chinese students attend American universities and our corporations have sold their souls to access China’s market. Google is a prime example of evil hypocrisy, working with China to develop AI. Insane!

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Cute, admonish a country for freely trading with whomever they wish (the epitome of free trade there) and ignoring the US propping up the House of Saud and selling them military weaponry.

IMO, Australia isn't the one needing admonished here. We are.
edit on 9/22/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

I gather pocket billiards is your main game

No, but even if i did endulge as you so rudely undiplomatically suggest, then I'd rather be doing that than be so unfortunately baron in pariferal vision with chronic immature tunnel vision.
If this is the kind of mentality you wish to contribute then perhaps you should crawl back under that rock you slithered out from and let your mind rest, its clearly struggling.

Scott Morrison just pledged 150 million dollars to NASA for mars/space exploration perhaps that should be redirected to you for treatment of your mental health issues.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

You are either with us or against us

*America

Peace

Yes, that is my point, but not partially as Australias displaying when its really looked at but with boots and all otherwise no wonder situations take so long to resolve.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join