It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Tired - Solved The Lead Water Crisis Faster than Politicians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Of course they should fix it, but I can't wait 2 or 3 years for that.

Sounds like you might already be poisoned. It can take years for the symptoms to manifest.

You get twitchy legs ... you'll remember this thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: dfnj2015
It always amuses me when i travel through jersey that self-service pumps do not exist.

We hate self-service pumps. We're old school I guess.

Someone told me it was a law. Something happened like some woman in a fake fur caught on fire or something. Not sure if that was a joke or not.

I used to live in Landing many years back.
edit on 22-9-2019 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: Trueman

You know most of these home RO waste something like 4 to 1 per gallon, right? I think they should maybe just remove the source of the lead.

Using 4x the water is worth not ingesting lead. Actually, using 100x as much would be too. The source of the lead is the pipes themselves, not just in the house in some cases, but leading to the house. So its not always just $5,000 per home for re-piping.

I had gotten an RO system from Costco for $60 years ago. The 4 filters cost more than the system itself lol.

Oh i agree that i would spend the money. I dont think all NJ is this way. My aunt still lives in Rockaway and I never heard her complain of this. Maybe the best solution would be to move?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
This is a 3rd world problem to have...

It's also a problem you get when you elect politicians who are more concerned with putting off critical infrastructure projects in favor of the sexy new project they can slap their name on like an airport or a streetcar system or a new park with bike trails or something.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

Of course they should fix it, but I can't wait 2 or 3 years for that.

Sounds like you might already be poisoned. It can take years for the symptoms to manifest.
You get twitchy legs ... you'll remember this thread.

Thanks for the warning. Thanks God no twitchy legs, just my old bad knees killing me.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Now democrats asked Trump $100M to fix my water and said it's up to him.

trump eliminates regulations on clean water and you probably jumped for joy did you not?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Now democrats asked Trump $100M to fix my water and said it's up to him.

trump eliminates regulations on clean water and you probably jumped for joy did you not?

Nope. He has nothing to do with this problem. You have nothing to do in this thread neither.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join