It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tri-lobed disc... a modern perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
some will like this and some will hate this.....

let the cards fall where they may...

youtu.be...

I spin the disc in water with the lobes up.....

I then spin the disc with the lobes down.....it seems to like this position.

the discs are 3d printed at100mm dia and 20mm at the hub.

hey yo...here we go...

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tri-lobe-1

I remember how this started years ago with a thread asking what this tri-lobbed disk could have been used for...

I just wanted to let you know that I have a hugh amount of respect how you keep at it!!!

People like you make ATS such a great place.

Keep us updated.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Hello mindcrime,

and in all that time nothing has happened by others who claim they are interested.....

its one item....if mere me can make a model that preforms...why don't others....ie…..an oil lamp..., a rope winder...
blarr blarr….

the net is full of ……….

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   

This is funny.....I posted this as a new topic in the a c forum....and its come up here..

I know not.....

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Ionic Impeller...said it then...say it now....cool vid....great job....keep digging....for some real fun use the 3-d printer to reproduce David Hamels designs and see where that takes you in extremely short order.
edit on 22-9-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

hey one4all,

please demonstrate your idea......pics or it did not happen.....you know the ATS saying

opinions upon opinions...… until you show your idea...

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   

No you have it all wrong.....I am encouraging you...set up an Ionic constant like you have done with the water current and volume ect ect….simply use Ionic current(ionised air)....then do the some exploratory measurements.

Pics or it did not happen....lol...I am just spitballing ideas to someone who has done hands on testing now....and please lets be a bit more real and a bit more appreciative of those who take the time and effort to manifest hands on testing like you have done ….keeping in mind at all times in a humble manner that we all don't have access to the tools and materials or acumen needed to do testing like some can do … but this inability to provide "pictures" in no way disenfranchises their intellectual theorising......you could try to take others suggestions as encouragement not challenge.

I thank you for your work and encourage you to continue...ionic focus or hydraulic focus...matters not to me I enjoy what you are doing.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I am familiar with Hammels' work....high voltage flyers based on t townsens work...

show me an example of your idea in motion please.....

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I have no idea from my logistical base how to create a stabilised ionic current from which to base this theory.

OK....lets try this....I will ask you this.....what is your point?....you apply the disc to a constant hydraulic current …. it spins at different speeds depending on which side is up or down and contacting the water at any given time....it allows to to control and to maintain the amount of energy being withdrawn from the hydraulic source.....www.bing.com... eller&sc=8-8&qs=n&sk=&cvid=77c27976ec9646f7ffaade32ee4c56ed

Clearly the shape and design are specific in task and produce constant separate impacts.

Its an impeller...I make a theoretical postulation that an ionised current could possible by managed these same ways.....thats all....you yourself postulated a theory before you began playing with this part.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

A thought exercise ……if you can't replicate....who will take you seriously?.....

please don't hit me with word salad....

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Just what is the point here? I don't get it. All it did was make me have to pee.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I have never heard of this object-but I looked around the net and found it is an artefact from the tomb of Prince Sabu of ancient Egypt,from around 3000BC.

earthmysterynews.com...

Interesting what you did with it-could it have been part of some kind of water pump I wonder?
The way you are demonstrating,it appears to spin faster one way than the other-does that mean it displaces more water when put lobes down?
If so it could have been use to move water from place to place(something very useful in ancient times for farming or for other uses)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Here's the original thread on the tri-lobbed egyptian bowl

Tr-lobbed egyptian bowl

I always thought the rope making theory made the most sense but I follow the OP to see if he can find some other explanation.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Hey thanks

I'll check it out

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The rope/thread braiding spool seems a good fit as well-I wonder if there was some rope making materials in the tomb near this object?
As the items in tombs were to help the dead in their afterlife,it would make sense to leave rope making materials near this disk if that was its intended use.
It does seem odd to leave what looks like only a part of something bigger though.Its a shame they didn't leave the complete device(if it is only a part).
Maybe the significance of the item was in who made it rather than its purpose-if for example it was made by a loved one of the king,and maybe he was proud of the craftsmanship.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I had posted this in Ancient and lost civilizations and it magically migrated to here...

that's probably why you don't see the point....

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Heres the video :

This is actually a really cool concept
I've always felt they were meant to rotate but I had something involving threads in mind
This is another method that could be used to say, make ropes or fabrics perhaps?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tri-lobe-1
a reply to: Skid Mark

I had posted this in Ancient and lost civilizations and it magically migrated to here...

that's probably why you don't see the point....

I hate to be the person that goes there, but I'm going there -- I saw this last night and ignored the thread after I read your information devoid OP, specifically because you gave ZERO useful info for people who'd have no idea what it is, and what you're going for with it. It doesn't matter what forum you put it in, you need to have a well-rounded OP that fully explains exactly what the oddball object is, where it's from, what it is for/might be for, etc, for people to actually look and have any interest.

Slayer69's threads are very good to use as framework for your own, full of info and thorough. Take your inspiration for future posts from him, and you might drum up some interest.
edit on 9/22/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Nothing magical going on here. The convex-up disc unloads the water faster than the cupped disc. Centrifugal force and gravity are what contribute to the difference in speeds.

top topics

join