It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would the markets react to full disclosure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Do you have any idea how much money will be made when free energy is released????…..more near INSTANT COMMERCE WILL OCCUR THAN THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE.....then it will quickly evolve on a universal scale....we will immediately stop mining Earth and continue mining other planetary locations.

This doesn't happen in hundreds of years it happens in only decades.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Do you think prejudices, hatreds, religious zealots, and wars will just end because of cheap abundant energy?

What do you think a jihadist could do with a space ship? It wouldn't take much to send several asteroids careening towards the Earth or if they had the ability to manufacture tungsten rods the size of a telephone pole they could strike targets on Earth with the force of nuclear weapons.

I honestly think there are people/groups holding us back from colonizing space because, to be honest, it would only be a matter of time till someone cracked and committed a terrorist act the likes that none had ever seen. I dream of the day humanity becomes a space-faring race, but even I recognize that there will need to be a single authority and a military force capable of defending the planet from ourselves before letting private ventures go about. Even if we had fusion energy we simply do not have the technology to safeguard ourselves from ourselves. Not yet. We would probably need something close to an AI that could track such dangers.

As far as fusion which isn't free energy but it is very abundant and cheap when it is cracked it would have both positive and negative effects on the earth's economies. It takes about 10 years to build a reactor so I guess most of the damage could be mitigated by fazing out fossil fuels.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Vatican disclosed too. Noone cared.

Did they? When? How?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Its not that simple....more than just free energy will come out...simple truth based medical technologies will make things like cancers and diseases obsolete....natural telepathy will be recognised and restored....our longevity will be recognised and restored.....its not only about free energy its about truths and complete change....a new way of doing business.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about aliens giving us everything we could possibly dream of. I thought you were responding to the post about what would happen if we figured out how to make fusion power work. Which isn't free energy even if we do. It will cost hundreds of millions if not billions to build the reactors and people would still be needed to run them as well as maintain the power grid and be paid. They would run off of hydrogen with deuterium or a substitute but there is an abundance of that. Enough for thousands of years.

edit on 22-9-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think little to no effect. If it was just disclosure in the sense of "yes, we are aware aliens are visiting Earth, and we have been in contact with them for 60+ years", it wouldn't be indicative of any pending changes.

If it was "Earthlings, we are your overlords. Jesus and his merry bunch of hippies are on their way, so we're going to need all of your wealth to build our anti-pillar-of-cloud weapons system before they get here." - well, then we're talking chaos.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Interesting question.

Disclosure would introduce a lot of uncertainty (how relevant will all the major corporations still be in face of technology that makes their products look like relicts from the stone age?) and markets don't like uncertainty. So I agree we will get a massive crash.
Who can will try to run into gold and silver as safe heavens.
If you are like most of us and have no wealth to protect, just struggling to survive in a mad world, then you can only benefit from disclosure.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Before disclosure , one must have something to disclose.

Booooo

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
We've already had full disclosure if people would just listen. See Travis Walton and his crew for confirmation that we are not alone.

Are people waiting on Trump or Boris Johnston or any world leaders to be the bearers of truth in this case? Those types couldn't lie straight in bed.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Depends on the situation.

Are they just disclosing that we’re not alone but they don’t know what’s going on?
Are we being annexed by the Draconian Empire or joining the Galactic Federation?
Are they hot?

It sure might open up some more financial opportunities though...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join