It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would the markets react to full disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think full disclosure would be like Y2K. Tons of money was pumped into the economy so it was so frothy people were too busy living and loving their lives in 1999 to care about Y2K. I think the initial reaction to full disclosure would be 50% to 60% drop in the stock market followed by the mother of all money supply injections beyond anything anyone could ever imagine. The booming economy would be like rigorous love making and six months later people will barely be discussing full disclosure. Maybe the nerds and scientists. But once football season starts people will forget the extraterrestrials ever arrived.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Before disclosure , one must have something to disclose.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
They would be thrilled. They are thrilled about the potential of a billion souls in China. They would need to put on life support after learning of the potential of a universe full of souls.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Funny you think wallstreet cares if aliens exist. Hate to tell you but most people believe they exist all ready. So no one will care financially

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
what more disclosure do we need than "US Navy" is chasing fleets of UFOs and they have no clue what they are

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
But once football season starts people will forget the extraterrestrials ever arrived.

Im sure this is true for a portion of the population. However, something as HUGE as full disclosure — would cause great masses of people, to start thinking for the first time. People that a lot of us would call ‘simple’.

It would also, most certainly, destroy most religions on this entire planet.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I think full disclosure would be like Y2K. Tons of money was pumped into the economy so it was so frothy people were too busy living and loving their lives in 1999 to care about Y2K. I think the initial reaction to full disclosure would be 50% to 60% drop in the stock market followed by the mother of all money supply injections beyond anything anyone could ever imagine. The booming economy would be like rigorous love making and six months later people will barely be discussing full disclosure. Maybe the nerds and scientists. But once football season starts people will forget the extraterrestrials ever arrived.

I really shouldn't reply to your silly threads but here goes. You say "full disclosure", what do you mean by that? How about less than full, what do you think would be left out that is not as important as what is disclosed? Inquiring minds want to know. Where do you get your stats?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Aliens are real......ok....

Aliens are on their way.....oh #!

It's more than disclosure,
Are we a food supply?
Are we a trade partner?
Do they exist but we can't physically interact?

Perspective is important

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Aliens are real......ok....

Aliens are on their way.....oh #!

It's more than disclosure,
Are we a food supply?
Are we a trade partner?
Do they exist but we can't physically interact?

Perspective is important

They are not on their way. They’re already here — and have been since probably before us.

They’re inter dimensional. They control interaction. We have no control.

How does the government disclose that???

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

teehee

Let me give some substance to my reply here.

Controlling interaction is an interesting concept.

It could be just mean controlling perception.

Why can't they nail down specifics about the universe, without controversy?

The Hubble constant.

Dark Energy
Dark Matter
Why gravity
How gravity
What gravity
Red shift
Expansion

Great mysteries, we have advanced technology, yet, we can't get out of the sandbox yet. If the universe is a second planet Earth, we are on the playground of a local school, and can't even physically leave the play pen.

Who's to say there isn't something so advanced it literally makes it look like these things are one way, to us... When the reality is much more different than the perception we can get from our little solar system here?
edit on 21-9-2019 by Archivalist because: yawn

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
here's the summary of responses here

no one has a clue

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

The op's question is how would the market react.

Well the reaction wound entirety depend on the interaction and consequences.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Depends.

Are they friendly or are they eating us?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Disclosure of

They r good?

Or

They r dangerous?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
what more disclosure do we need than "US Navy" is chasing fleets of UFOs and they have no clue what they are

Vatican disclosed too. Noone cared.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: toysforadults

Vatican disclosed too. Noone cared.

disclosure is happening and nobody is even paying attention, we live in the twilight zone

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Not sure how the markets would react but in my neck of the woods I could definitely see Jerry Jones packing the stadium full to watch the cowboys vs greys.I can see it now, Dak takes the hike,he passes to Zeke,but wait a grey just intercepted the pass with a thought and dimension jumped to the end zone for the Td.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The govt is in the perfect position, if they are somehow forced to disclose, they have leaked enough info it probably wont matter.

So why not play it safe and keep it under wraps as long as possible?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Markets would react depending on the context.

Let us say full disclosure says they are real and have been around a long time, but they refuse to make contact. I don't see markets moving for that.

Then let us say full disclosure is they are real are here and have been feeding us technology. Markets would react to whoever they think is developing the tech.

Markets would be thrown into more turmoil if say tomorrow the tokamak fusion plant achieves stability. All hell would break loose because abundant clean renewable energy would be the beginning of the end or many fossil fuel companies. Aliens that are voyeurs wouldn't change much of anything. You would think there would be an upheaval with some religions but they are already well versed in denying reality.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Pandemonium, killings in the street, chaos, a breakdown of society.... that's what 'they' tell us.... we couldn't handle it. Suicide, heart attacks, strokes.... we would all die. So that's why they don't tell us.... to keep us safe. Everybody knows that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join