It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analyzing "The Gimbal" US Navy footage released along with 2 other videos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: 1point92AU

Personal attacks.
Cool.

LOL...dude you are the single biggest hypocrite on ATS.

Your contribution to this thread (and most threads) is to come in with your typical smart ass comments that have nothing to do with the topic then you cry when someone gives it right back to you.

Where's the personal attack?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

His video assessment has already been debunked as garbage. His claim for the rotation doesn't explain why the background does not also rotate at the same angle and degree he claims is making the craft appear to rotate. The debunker gets debunked.

Mick and others on the Metabunk thread have already discussed this. Other footage from an F/A-18 sensor also shows the flare rotating and the background not rotating. The thread is lengthy but one contributor has made the following video to sum up the the 'rotation' question.

See from 1:00 for the relevant portion.

Mick updates the thread in the initial post with the theory on the rotation.

I think the combination of factors all point very strong towards the rotation of the object being an artifact of the forward gimbal-mounted camera, which is probably why the video was titled "Gimbal"

Metabunk Gimbal Thread Link

Note the flare rotating independent of the background.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Your contribution to this thread (and most threads) is to come in with your typical smart ass comments.

I've only ever seen Phage enter a thread with a sackful of common sense to impart.

YES, it can be frustrating (as I have learned over the past year after I began as a starry-eyed Believer in most of the Big Cases), but it is also educational. And also a vital balance for the forum - if Phage should ever leave ATS, it would be a dark day for us all.

If he pops a few party balloons along the way, feel free to inflate new ones. But drop the anger and angst, it's getting repetitive now.

edit on 26-9-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: A51Watcher
Unfortunately all video of these encounters are highly compressed but my team has done it's best to analyze this footage using the latest forensic imaging filters to remove the noise and see what details can be recovered from the film.

I don't know. How is it that all the filtering and stacking is supposed to create a more accurate image of the craft, but those same filters make the clouds look like total garbage? Shouldn't it also make the background clouds super clear and accurate, also?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Your contribution to this thread (and most threads) is to come in with your typical smart ass comments.

I've only ever seen Phage enter a thread with a sackful of common sense to impart.

This is not true. He along with you, Mirage Men, and a few others are hands down some of the most rude, impolite, and disrespectful "holier than thou" posters on ATS. The lot of you make condescending posts to other posters on a frequent basis.

And each and every time any of you propose to insert some smart ass, irrelevant comment, rest assured I am going to be there to give it right back to you.

As I said to you in one of your hypocritical posts about politeness. If you want to be treated politely then treat others politely.

I'm more than capable of being polite but only when I am treated politely. Otherwise I have no problem being a dick.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

I don't know. How is it that all the filtering and stacking is supposed to create a more accurate image of the craft, but those same filters make the clouds look like total garbage? Shouldn't it also make the background clouds super clear and accurate, also?

What we see here in the Gimbal video is a locally stabilized target:

In short: Stabilization systems generally work as follows: First a tracking region is created, manually or automatically. The system (tracker) creates a smaller region around the target; the initiation box.
Around the initiation box a bigger box is created; the manouvre box. Within the manouvre box a series of smaller correlation boxes is placed 360 degrees around the initiation box.

The application starts to track movement within the initiation box and waits till the target arrives in a correlation box. When it detects arrival in a correlation box, the tracked object is shifted back to the center of the screen. The correlation box becomes the new initiation box and a new manouvre box is created and within the manouvre box a series of smaller correlation boxes is placed 360 degrees around the initiation box ... and so on.

"How is it that all the filtering and stacking is supposed to create a more accurate image of the craft, but those same filters make the clouds look like total garbage?"

The tracking system only follows the target (UAP). The target moves faster than its background (clouds). The craft is centered and the pixels are stabilized in their movement so there is only a minimal pixel shift. The clouds are not stabilized. While the UAP remains centered in a series of consecutive frames, the clouds constantly change position on the screen. By stacking a series of consecutive frames we see in the full image that the clouds (and their shadows) look like garbage but to the eye the centered UAP appears not to be affected and looks clean. However, when a target moves too fast for the tracker, like the Gimbal, both angle and pixel shift of the moving object has to be corrected. In this case utilizing motion stabilization for angle correction and an optical deblur for the pixel shift. In the Gimbal video the measured maximimum shift is only 3 pixels, which is extremely good and something you may expect from military equipment.

edit on 27-9-2019 by A51Watcher because: the usual

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
We are constantly working on several projects at once.

Here is the latest progress in our processing the Gimble UAP images -

(right click on image and choose view image, to see full size)

In our experience processing the craft at Area 51 we have come to recognize purple points as indicative of gravity propulsion points -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-1-2020 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   

In our experience processing the craft at Area 51 we have come to recognize purple points as indicative of gravity propulsion points -

Gravity propulsion points huh?

Respectfully, I happen to k ow for a fact that the purple is indicative of magical unicorn farts.

In all seriousness, posting drivel seriously undermines your already laughable credibility on this topic. You should have stopped at the ridiculously verbose description of the emboss filter you are using “enhance” your pixel blobs.

Some of us dabble in things like astrophotography, which uses the same skill set to enhance deep sky objects.

Some of us also passed high school physics, unlike your source.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

...In all seriousness, posting drivel seriously undermines your already laughable credibility on this topic. You should have stopped at the ridiculously verbose description of the emboss filter you are using “enhance” your pixel blobs.

Some of us dabble in things like astrophotography, which uses the same skill set to enhance deep sky objects.

Hilarious!, another imaging amateur with a skill set that has risen to the grand heights of photoshop tries to bluster and bluff his way into a professional discussion about imaging of which he is totally ignorant.

Well I am going to call your bluff.

It is time for you to put up or shut up.

Time for you to put your snark aside and take an original frame from the Gimbal footage and process it with your glorious emboss filter and post your results here for all to see.

Then I will school you in the ways of professional image analysis.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: A51Watcher

I pray to God we some day get full disclosure just for the absolute epiphany of joy I will have in saying I told you so to skeptics!

At that point, nobody will care.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
....?.…off Topic.?..not really, Mr West...and die hard 'fanz'..difinitive conclusion, .?.. Utah,Beaver, ' Drone Footage' and, for the purposes of ..erm..fair play. 1. Here...concluded...no doubt, not a shred of doubt..C.G.I. 2. Mr West ( meta..bunk..em..) concluded , not a shred of doubt, non, ( well, there was a bit, ..erm, Butterfly, GryFalcon,WaterDroplet,Spider In A Web, but..good 'ole Micky.W' and the boy'z..came through, definate..it was...( Drum roll) A Dandilion Seed Pod..bravo.Mik..eeey, course it was..

Now.if ? You have seen ? ( I have) analysis ( IRREFUTABLE,) not in the public domain, the Beaver, Utah, crystal clear daylight footage...is..exactly, all it is, what it isn't, is CGI..or anything postulated, by.,Micky W and the gang...

Who, here, still, wants to call, Utah Beaver drone footage..transparent c.g.i

Lets Be ' Avin You,..this,could be,fun. Pj.xxx

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Am, ? I o.k. ? Referring to ' birds ? ' and Mr West..? It was a GryFalcon ( thats a Bird) before it became, IRREFUTABLE, and..A Dandilion Seed Pod. ( Which it ,isnt, never was, never will be, or CGI...twice.on Sundays ! ) Xxx

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A51watcher.

You are, Sir... awarded, hero status.. xxx

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Videri13admirari
Am, ? I o.k. ? Referring to ' birds ? ' and Mr West..? It was a GryFalcon ( thats a Bird) before it became, IRREFUTABLE, and..A Dandilion Seed Pod. ( Which it ,isnt, never was, never will be, or CGI...twice.on Sundays ! ) Xxx

"Either that's dribbling gobbledeegook, Captain, or my translation device is f#ked..."

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

Bluffer places bet.

Bluff called.

Bluffer folds.

Another one bites the dust.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Now to illustrate how ridiculous Drunken Parrot's claim of an emboss filter is, I will now post an example of what an emboss filter does to an image.

Original image -

Same image with Emboss filter -

So now we know why the drunken parrot has been either unable or unwilling to post an embossed version of the image, even though they have been logging on to ATS on a regular basis since the challenge to do so has been thrown down.

My guess is embarrassment over how ignorant the claim was.

Lesson #1 for parrot -

Photoshop filters are for beautification of images, not clarification.

You know, like you kids like to do to your selfies.

Get a real computer not a cell phone for actual image analysis, then get some actual forensic imaging software.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Now lets get back to some professional image analysis.

Here is one done with BAS/PTM -

(right click on images and choose view image to see full size)

...and here is one done with CLAHE

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

What is BAS/PTM and CLAHE telling us with these image?

What do you think the image analysis shows?

Thanks or posting the images.

edit on 10-2-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

What is BAS/PTM and CLAHE telling us with these image?

What do you think the image analysis shows?

Thanks or posting the images.

Actually the team spends quite a bit of time on skype sharing screens and discussing details in various images and processing in real time.

Our chief processor also has the advantage of decades of professional experience in examining satellite and aerial photos so we tend to give his opinions considerable weight. He has also given us insight into how to avoid pareidolia.

We have decided in order to not be accused of leading the witness so to speak, to not give any opinions on what our filters reveal, but instead let members decide for themselves what is to be seen in these images.

In these 2 most recent images, we feel there is at least 1 detail in each that is pretty obvious and all of us agree on.

edit on 10-2-2020 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join