It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that has bothered me for a long time

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: one4all

Baseless accusations of some Global cover up ? Really ? Would you as a government employee participate in such a scheme ?

I think it's pretty well discussed that any disclosure at all of extraterrestrials would destabilize every government on the planet. People would either freak out or demand more information.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: dfnj2015

There is a government agency that works very hard to discredit UFO sightings.

I would even surmise that they have a part in the tv programs that supposedly work to uncover UFO allegations.

They use social media, main-stream media to influence and manipulate what we think and what we know.

I think if our government is developing stealth technologies for jets then UFOs would be a great diversion and great help in keeping military secrets secret.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Okay I will take your word for it, at least your not charging me for it. Its well discussed but doesn't make it true. That's a cop out for aliens exist but I cant prove it because all I get are blurry pictures or this intricate crop circle made by their blurry ship with the brightest parking lights you've ever seen. Way too many people in government to keep a secret like that, heck, the current President cant have a secret phone call without some whistleblower coming forward, do you believe some underpaid airforce pilot would not come forward with at least one picture ? That wasnt blurry.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Most people who spend their lives studying the UFO phenomena say the opposite. They say there's so much evidence it is an embarrassment of riches. It's just that there is a large segment of the population where no amount of evidence of any kind will ever be considered legitimate.

People will simply not accept the existence of extraterrestrials unless they are here in vast numbers all over the planet interacting with humans. I'm okay with it. Proof is in the eye of the beholder. You can't blame someone for seeing everything as being ugly.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I get it why people are skeptical within regards to UFO sightings and extraterrestrial visitations. It seems no matter what "evidence" is presented it's always discounted as anything BUT extraterrestrials. The thing is if these sightings are all hoaxes, and there are now thousands of sightings per year, people are spending HUGE amounts of time and money making the hoax with really hardly anything to show for it.

It just seems to me why would anyone go through so much trouble to hoax.

Here's a great example. Remember years ago the sightings over Phoenix. Practically the entire city witnessed it. Nobody knew what it was. The public was really getting stirred up about it. And then the Arizona governor came on TV and in a big news conference did this:
snip

You are so wrong in your assessment. You: "I get it why people are skeptical within regards to UFO sightings and extraterrestrial visitations." You can't make a blanket statement. Only about what you know. People, in general go about the business of living. Some, such as us, are interested in the unusual, UAP being one. We busy ourselves with it. The average person may have heard/read about UAP but they don't develop the interest and may not give a hoot about them, they're not concerned with the details. To them ETs are a romantic idea they've only seen in films, TV, covers of media. The would laugh at the concern we enthusiasts show on forums.

No one has, to my vast knowledge
that these sightings are all hoaxes. A percentage of them have to be. Most of us know which ones are hoaxes. An example: Travis Walton. YouTube has a lot of hoaxes. The creators of these videos may enjoy just making them and getting desired reactions, but hardly the money you envision.

You: "Here's a great example. Remember years ago the sightings over Phoenix. Practically the entire city witnessed it. Nobody knew what it was. The public was really getting stirred up about it."

No, Phoenix is NOT a good, less great example. Phoenix was an event, not a hoax. And, contrary to your comment, the entire city did not witness it 'cause it didn't happen over the city, it happened over the nearby mountain range. You would come across better if you made better sense.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I get it why people are skeptical within regards to UFO sightings and extraterrestrial visitations. It seems no matter what "evidence" is presented it's always discounted as anything BUT extraterrestrials. The thing is if these sightings are all hoaxes, and there are now thousands of sightings per year, people are spending HUGE amounts of time and money making the hoax with really hardly anything to show for it.

Things like the phoenix lights, to me, are something unknown. Not a hoax.

The hoaxes you refer to, do indeed have something to show for it. Ad revenue. And therein lies the incentive to fool as many gullible people that they can in order to get the views on their youtube channel, while making a mint.

I'm pretty sure you could make a costume like that in half an hour and buy the novelty bits... what makes you really think it's pretty good? lol

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I took that event as a press release being straight up about the situation. It was aliens. Official policy is not to talk about it so not too much more could be said, laugh it off and carry on.

My point is people sure spend a lot of money on these "hoaxes".

Who does? How do you know? ST10 get most of their fake content from people who already know, or are learning, various software. Do you realise just how easy it is to do something in an adobe product, given that it's pretty much all done for you now within the software. Which is what surprises me when someone posts a video of definite evidence, and the author couldn't even get the tracking right...

I don't even get what you're saying.. they spent so much time and money on that costume that it has to be ... what? Look at it, it's a flimsy metallic loose suit with a pretty cheesy latex head. Anatomically correct hands? Based on what?

You know, people make those things in their own homes for a living.. Why I've even seen those leprechauns around some parts.. sitting in the home owners gardens, smoking their tiny wee pipes with their droopy red hats on... Gnomes they call 'em.. demons I say..

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Maybe they don't care if they're observed by the human equivalent of ants. They'll do what they want.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: one4all

Baseless accusations of some Global cover up ? Really ? Would you as a government employee participate in such a scheme ?

Why would a group of alien beings concerned enough of NEVER revealing themselves in a world covered with satellite cameras, cameras on every block, Comrade Frankie on that high hill top with his trusty fancy Nikon that once again he forgot his tripod at home, all taking pictures at once but never allowing for clear pictures other than the ones the secret Cabal of high powered secret government employees take only to hide from the general public in secret safes that only poor trusted government employee Sam Wunderbluss knows about, poor Sam only paid a 30 thousand a year secret librarians salary who would never say a word to the Weekly Weak News for say an offer a billion dollars...why would those same aliens allow the government to take their picture, much less let Mary Ellen, Frankie's girl friend, whom they abducted, why the hell would they let Mary Ellen go ?

These alien guys go to a hell of a lot of trouble, interstellar travel and all, they disguise their appearance as blurry frisbees that forgot to turn off the parking lights, kidnap some alien who undoubtedly cant even communicate with them only to let him or her go along their merry parade route directly to Weekly Weak News to sell their abduction story for $25, the smart ones find a publisher or write a film scripe and take in millions.

These same aliens are expected to return to Albertiuseless and tell Colonel gazodifunkel about the alien they had in their ship but let her go, they do offer the Colonel a blurry picture picture of some hairy creature running into an alien forest, they hastily explain to the Colonel of the strange earthly phenomenon of causing all picture taking apparatus to only take blurry pictures when important.

I do want to believe. However not one credible government photo, of which the claim is made that many countries military's have in their possession yet not one credible undisputed photo has ever appeared. I suppose they, whoever they are just kill everybody that is in the chain of viewing all those photos and not one single human whistleblower has ever emerged with a photo of their own.

Meanwhile on Albertiusless, the Colonel executes the crew who returned with a blurry photo of an alien that they released back to earth to reveal their existence, only to send another crew out to abduct another one with the parking lots on, again letting another one go because they got such a great picture, only a little blurry, Addazio is certain he can clean it up with the latest image software before they give it to the Colonel.

And I am suppose to stand up for some guy charging 50 dollars for a ticket to sell his story, 75 dollars for the book, 50 dollars for the paperback and 100 dollars for a crystal to communicate with the same aliens who abducted him, 1 thousand dollars for a private channeling session to warn me of impending nuclear doom and our dirty water, stand for a guy who couldn't run away from an alien ship with parking lights on while spending an hour hovering over farmer Jones field while designing an intricate mathematical circle, based on alien math and an alien universe they nothing about while Frankie takes another blurry picture. Okay, I stand up, now what ?

UFOs or Neutral Dimension Craft...are technology...obviously used by someone sentient.....someone enough like us that Universal Physical Laws of Nature overlap us both...….so out goes the Alien storyline.

Without an Alien storyline we are left with one simple basic undeniable reality....that we are back on the HUman storyline again where we belong.

Yes, someone is going to have to figure out how to get religons out of the bottomless sinkhole they put themselves in.....don't worry it can be done …..remember gods are imaginary so they are indestructible....you can never destroy them they only change form.

There are simple physical reasons that good pictures aren't the most commonplace....however its a complete lie to state that there are no clear pictures because there are plenty....the problem is that if you don't understand the technology you cannot recognise its working parts and impacts....so YOU don't know which pictures and videos are real...and this is why TPTB has saturated our reality with BS storyline pictures videos movies and such and this is also why they will not stop.....they do not want the masses to begin to identify recognisable patterns or for them to hear similar stories that they can extrapolate into a bigger picture......because there are not an unlimited volume of truths....its not anywhere near as complicated as some would have us all believe...however it is more bleak than most of us believe.

Could you accept a lifeform that has been melded with/by technology ...that has been uber-managed to defeat Nature....that IS GENDERLESS.....that is hive minded.....with a longer lifespan than your own....can you accept that this is YOU....that this past version of Humanity is what our species future looks like.

Can you accept that there are different VERSIONS of HUMANITY...different REALITIES AND TIMELINES.....all on different but naturally evolving timelines merging together at all times....all Co-Existing in real time.

"If" we as a species live thru 3657 year cycles of near ELE events...each time we escape Earth in reproducable numbers....we CREATE A UNIQUE REALITY AND TIMELINE......Earth re-sets completely....Earth is an incubator of realities and timelines...….each time a group leaves Earth the cycle has been a success.

The god storyline can be applied over all of these groups if you sell it hard enough and they buy it....just like always...there is a LOT OF ROOM FOR UNIVERSAL MISSIONARIES....and no one really cares if the want to be Interstellar JWs.....lol...knocking on doors Planet to Planet....its a free Universe right?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There is a government agency that works very hard to discredit UFO sightings.

I would even surmise that they have a part in the tv programs that supposedly work to uncover UFO allegations.

They use social media, main-stream media to influence and manipulate what we think and what we know.

Below is an interesting tidbit from the MIB thread involving a Phoenix FOX 10 NEWS report by Jim Schnebelt and confiscation of video footage.

Transcription:

FROM THE FOX-10 '10 files'...

: (on screen: stock "Phoenix Lights" footage, of lights suspended in sky)

: voiceover: Months after this (March 13) sighting there are many questions : regarding the strange lights over Phoenix. Is this a solid craft, or : merely lights in an empty sky? : What could be the conclusive evidence is now mysteriously missing. : Richard Curtis claims his home video is proof that this sighting was a : huge flying craft. And he claims his video shows a solid object in the sky : passing over his home.

: (on screen: cut to head shot of Curtis.)

: Curtis: I saw the bottom part (of the craft) as it went over Phoenix, : because the lights lit the bottom of it, and it partially blocked : out the clouds and the stars. : voiceover: Curtis called city councilwoman Frances Emma Barwood, wanting : to show her the footage. : (on screen: cut to head shot of Barwood)

: Barwood: He said he had it on two videotapes, and would I like them, so I : said, "Of course I would.", and could he give me copies of them. He said : he would. I told him how to get them to my office and to mark them : 'personal and confidential'. : (on screen: cheesy slo-mo video "re-enactment" of Men in Black walking : about)

: voiceover: But before Curtis could send copies to Barwood, he's paid a : visit by two mysterious men in black. : Curtis
voiced over MIB reenactments) They were dressed in black : suits, with black hats and sunglasses. They asked me if I had tapes for : coucilwoman Barwood, and I said "Yah, they're laying right here". They : said, "We've stopped by to pick them up." So I said, "Great!" and just : handed (the original tapes) to them.

: (on screen: cut to head shot of Barwood)

: Barwood: I didn't get them, and I have no idea who these two men were : since I have just females working in my office. Its absolutely puzzling to : me. : (on screen: cut to slo-mo MIB, one of them now holding videotapes...(!) )

: voiceover: Did the tapes ever exist, and if so were they proof of more : than "lights" in the sky? And who were these mysterious Men in Black who : allegedly took them?

: (as slo-mo MIB vid continues...)

: Curtis (voiced over): I think someone listened in on that phone call and : wanted those tapes.

: Barwood (voiced over): I can't explain it. Its just eerie. : Voiceover: The mystery continues. Jim Schnebelt, Fox-10 News. : _________ end story, cut to anchor _________ :

link

Further details - as described by Councilwoman Francis Barwood:

See 17:10

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

If I remember right the Pheonix light sightings were back in 1997 and as far as I know, they are still unidentified with a lot of speculation of what they could have been. Those opinions differ. Each year cameras get a little better and they become more common. We have also had more sightings and almost all of them have been debunked. Skydivers at night with LEDs, drones, kites, flares, even planes have all been misidentified as UFOs to be debunked later. Then there are the Navy tapes and those really have everyone scratching their heads.

If there are UFOs visiting and they are not trying to be stealthy then more and more recordings will pile up. Even if there are organizations trying to suppress sightings it will not matter because with enough solid evidence it can't be ignored. For now, there is just too little to go on.
edit on 22-9-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
For more context, Fife admitted a few years ago that he had actually SEEN the miles wide delta UFO cruising slowly over Phoenix that night, and that he was convinced it was nothing from around here. He hinted that he was directed to ridicule it to keep the sheep quiet.

Council woman Francis Barwood saw it and started inquiries ... only to have her phone tapped and original, clear videos of the craft that people sent her disappearing from her mail (eta actually one video was taken from a witnesses' home by guys pretending to be from Barwood's office, but were not).

She was/is convinced the Govt was/is behind the suppression.

I was/am too.

edit on 9/22/2019 by Baddogma because: add for accuracy

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka

Most of us know which ones are hoaxes. An example: Travis Walton.

Oh please explain how this is a known hoax?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

From what I think I know, Walton was NOT a hoax.

And the Phoenix event lasted over 2 hours, stretching from the NW corner of AZ down to the Southern border with Mexico. Things were seen all over that corridor, from lights to actual v-shaped vehicles that were over a mile wide. Some of the sightings were over the city proper... just to be clear.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Oh, please! Do your own research, I did mine years ago when it was reported. Don't expect others to do it for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Again, if all these sightings are hoaxes I find it amazing the amount of time and money is spent on it.

My personal evaluation is if a hoax, those who so deeply believe they are observing a hoax should be able to provide duplicate or similar hoax materials to confirm their beliefs.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

From what I think I know, Walton was NOT a hoax.

And the Phoenix event lasted over 2 hours, stretching from the NW corner of AZ down to the Southern border with Mexico. Things were seen all over that corridor, from lights to actual v-shaped vehicles that were over a mile wide. Some of the sightings were over the city proper... just to be clear.

Oh, please! Do your own research, I did mine years ago when it was reported. Don't expect others to do it for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Again, if all these sightings are hoaxes I find it amazing the amount of time and money is spent on it.

My personal evaluation is if a hoax, those who so deeply believe they are observing a hoax should be able to provide duplicate or similar hoax materials to confirm their beliefs.

Amen! What you request is rarely done. Laziness.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   

But research and reading is so bo-oooring. I just wanna believe in aliens and truth be darned to heck!

Well, I did do some "actual research" years ago when less lazy, actually, and actually spoke to a member of APRO and a resident of Snowflake who knew those involved. They were both of the opinion it happened as reported. That doesn't mean much all these years later, but the APRO member was reportedly a decent investigator and the story remains the same and it is not very interesting when it comes right down to it, excepting the little humanoid things and the odd hangar-esque place he reported.

Walton strikes me as a relatively honest fellow, as well.

But hey, I'll just take your word for it as you've never been wrong on this forum in your long, storied history here.

Sheesh... these interwebs.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hunkadinka

originally posted by: Jay-morris

It's not a hard question to answer! I am not asking you to write an essay. I asked you why it was a known hoax!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join