It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that has bothered me for a long time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I get it why people are skeptical within regards to UFO sightings and extraterrestrial visitations. It seems no matter what "evidence" is presented it's always discounted as anything BUT extraterrestrials. The thing is if these sightings are all hoaxes, and there are now thousands of sightings per year, people are spending HUGE amounts of time and money making the hoax with really hardly anything to show for it.

It just seems to me why would anyone go through so much trouble to hoax.

Here's a great example. Remember years ago the sightings over Phoenix. Practically the entire city witnessed it. Nobody knew what it was. The public was really getting stirred up about it. And then the Arizona governor came on TV and in a big news conference did this:

"The Associated Press/Scott Troyanos --- Arizona Gov. Fife Symington pulls a mask off of aide Jay Heiler, dressed up as an alien, during a late afternoon news conference at the state capitol in downtown Phoenix Thursday June 19, 1997. Symington, earlier in the day, said he would order the Arizona Department of Public Safety to look into the mysterious lights seen over Phoenix, but later insisted he was joking."

Then he joked about everyone is taking this too serious. Now most people who lean on the side extraterrestrials are for real were thinking this is made up BS. There are two angles here. What was floating over the city was some kind of craft but not extraterrestrials. Or, it really was extraterrestrials flying over the city.

Let's think about the costume Jay Heiler is wearing. It's a pretty nice costume. Maybe you can buy something like this online. So I looked. Here's some extraterrestrial costumes you can buy online:

Extraterrestrial constumes you can buy online

None of the ones I found looked anything as cool as the one Jay was wearing. The one Jay was wearing even has anatomically correct four fingers. The face on the one Jay was wearing was amazingly realistic.

So if they did not buy it online or from a local store maybe they made from scratch. Or, it was given to them by the US government to make the joke more effective to calm the people down. Or it was given to Jay by the government to deflate any real pressure for disclosure of extraterrestrials.

Again, looking at this costume, a HUGE amount of time and money went into it's production if it were homemade. It's such a good costume you could argue this is evidence of a government cover-up to prevent disclosure!

I'm sure this was talked about here but I did NOT know this about Governor Symington and I was shocked when trying to get pictures for this post. Check this story out:

Symington confirms he saw UFO 10 years ago

"PHOENIX — Former Arizona Gov. Fife Symington, who trotted out an aide dressed as an alien 10 years ago to spoof the frenzy surrounding mysterious lights in the Phoenix sky, now says the lights were actually an alien spacecraft."

WHAT??????? Now he's change his tune.

Again, if all these sightings are hoaxes I find it amazing the amount of time and money is spent on it. If they are all fake its like millions of dollars in R/C drones and planes etc... I would hate to spend $300 on a receiver and servos, fly it up to 500 feet, and then loss the effing thing in high winds. IDK, maybe it's all fake. But maybe it isn't!!

edit on 21-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Maybe Mr Symington had a friends or contacts in the film industry and he managed to loan the costume from the props wardrobe.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Maybe Mr Symington had a friends or contacts in the film industry and he managed to loan the costume from the props wardrobe.

Could be. He turned to his secretary and said, "get me a realistic extraterrestrial outfit now." And the next day he had the result. Basically, Symington had the best secretary on the planet!

"And make sure it fits Jay. It's pushing a few extra pounds lately." ...."I'm on it."

edit on 21-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have a great werewolf mask. It looks like a huge amount of time went into its production. Does that prove werewolves exist?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I have a great werewolf mask. It looks like a huge amount of time went into its production. Does that prove werewolves exist?

Yes it does. Thank you for post.

(post by thedigirati removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I took that event as a press release being straight up about the situation. It was aliens. Official policy is not to talk about it so not too much more could be said, laugh it off and carry on.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I took that event as a press release being straight up about the situation. It was aliens. Official policy is not to talk about it so not too much more could be said, laugh it off and carry on.

My point is people sure spend a lot of money on these "hoaxes". Maybe it is just a mask like someone posted. But then they have to have the metal wrap overall. And it had hands. So something like this is not some cheap purchase. Maybe someone had it lying around. Maybe it's more common than I think. I would love to buy that exact costume online but I could not find it.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

One thing that has always bothered me is why do ufo need lights on them?

We use lights on our craft specifically so other craft and ground structures can see them.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

We use lights on our craft specifically so other craft and ground structures can see them.

They may not be lights.

It could be the reflection from the sun, in the same way that satellites reflect the sun and we can see them in the dark night sky.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

There is a government agency that works very hard to discredit UFO sightings.

I would even surmise that they have a part in the tv programs that supposedly work to uncover UFO allegations.

They use social media, main-stream media to influence and manipulate what we think and what we know.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: alldaylong

Could be. He turned to his secretary and said, "get me a realistic extraterrestrial outfit now." And the next day he had the result. Basically, Symington had the best secretary on the planet!

"And make sure it fits Jay. It's pushing a few extra pounds lately." ...."I'm on it."

Their eyes are not that big...so, not realistic.
edit on 19CDT05America/Chicago01450530 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Perhaps because they are using certain wavelengths of lights for different purposes, like we do here. However, the craft I saw did not have any lights that I noticed, perhaps because my contact experiences were always during the daytime.

www.thoughtco.com...
edit on 19CDT05America/Chicago02250530 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
that 'we have apprehended a suspect' alien BS press conference was a gigantic 'F##k you' to anyone asking questions about what was a most interesting and inexplicable event. and symington, the weasel rat, has the gall to make appearances in ufo conferences and videos, when at the time he simply did as ordered and spouted crapola. a disgrace.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
As an extraterrestrial, with my superior technology which would allow interstellar travel making use of certainly a superior propulsion system as at least a very high self confidence in my ability to defend myself, my ability to evade and my offensive capabilities, why would I appear to comply with the locals regulations requiring lights that would make my presence known to an another alien, to me, that is not only hostile but by my observation extremely dangerous ?

Chances are pretty good I would not, if only for self preservation. I am a skeptic who would really like to believe. My personal beliefs are that in the vastness of the universe and other galaxies that somewhere there is a very high probability that their is other life somewhere. Intelligent or inferior ? It would not require much to be superior to what we know as humanity, just watch you're local news and you should agree, and as an alien certainly able to recieve a radio signal present throughout nature all around them, I too would be watching and say...I don't think so.

People are people, just go to any website that allows individuals to comment and you will see people will absolutely say ANYTHING whether it be for attention, personal gain ( I MADE A MILLION DOLLARS USING THIS SIMPLE METHOD), political purposes or just out right pure cray cray reasons, all which offer an explanation of a hoax. Many videos, pictures and personal accounts could simply be just what they purport to describe, an unidentified flying object, much more likely to be of terrestrial origins.

It's just hard to fathom why an extraterrestrial being would travel here without announcing their presence but accidentally revealing themselves by leaving those damn parking lights on. Or for allowing Frankie of Notsoberry Farms Nebraska to take a 49 minute video, albeit shaky as hell and out of focus, when the technology exist locally on this planet to prevent any pictures of being take as in scrambling technologies, surely on a craft capable of enormous speeds, defies gravity they could easily zap Frankie's camera leaving him (or the personal pronoun the comrade prefers) with nothing but a floating lantern or a nice shot of green swamp gas.

The recent release of video from the military aircraft is interesting, but having seen personally a very unfortunate individual hiding in a tree in Afghanistan taken by a camera at night on a remote platform over 20 thousand feet in altitude, an individual holding a weapon of war waiting for the military convoy about to pass, I must wonder WHY the video is not exactly any better than Comrade Frankie's.

And I mention this unfortunate because I watched from a comfortable office chair, on an extremely large television (which was awesome for Sunday football) in a TOC at least a 100 miles away, could see him use his cell phone as it illuminates his hidden spot in the tree from a camera well in excess of 20 thousand feet. Our concern was his potential use of the cell phone to detonate an IED device along the path of the approaching convoy. While this unfortunate soul waited for the approaching convoy, he should have taken a selfie and he might have seen the Apache that quickly reduced his perch into kindling.

My point is, there are to date, very few pictures or videos that offer clearly a definitive view of an other worldly craft. We have cameras that can read license plates from space, reveal a man in a tree from a high altitude above him but no clear pictures not clearly debunked out of the thousands available? They will not be seen nor heard from until they are ready for it, if they exist at all and not just Frankie punking the world because he would rather make money from faking you tube video's than flipping burgers

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
that 'we have apprehended a suspect' alien BS press conference was a gigantic 'F##k you' to anyone asking questions about what was a most interesting and inexplicable event.

The second event of that evening (and the source of the unrepresentative video used in every TV report) was easily explicable as flares, no doubt about it. The first event is more of an issue. The video of the lights seems to indicate they are independent of each other rather than a solid craft. A formation of aircraft is the most popular solution, especially since they were flying a known route.

The problem is - or at least what I learned from the last detailed ATS discussion of this frustratingly messy case - is that after 22 years, we still have no confirmation from any AFB or airport that aircraft actually flew over that evening. Which is odd... unless it was a very secret military exercise, but I somehow doubt that.

So a question still lingers over that first part of the evening.

edit on 21-9-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Many World Militaries have spot on pictures and videos...but when there is a Global moratorium put on releasing them with consequences guaranteed from an unpoliced renegade group of Anti-Humanitarian Terrorists with unlimited Global assets and reach ...AND EVEN IF ITS A SECRET MULTIPLE COUNTRY COALITION IT IS ANTIHUMANITARIAN TERRORISM...….

I am a really pissed off Abductee.....my own Government as well as EVERY OTHER ONE INVOLVED IN THIS GLOBAL COVERUP are 100% accountable for what happened to me and to many many thousands of others..... and yes to those who are willing to offer immunity to those who have lied to us all that means someone has to pay up......rumors even say there were possible contracts signed.....think about it....this never ends pretty....unless complete truth is optioned.

No one deserves disclosure or pictures or videos or evidence or proof of anything until they can muster up the raw guts to stand up for back and defend the abductees already victimised....only a blatant hippocrite would expect something for their own selfish reasons(disclosure) without first giving something to the greater good(fighting on behalf of abductees).

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Baseless accusations of some Global cover up ? Really ? Would you as a government employee participate in such a scheme ?

Why would a group of alien beings concerned enough of NEVER revealing themselves in a world covered with satellite cameras, cameras on every block, Comrade Frankie on that high hill top with his trusty fancy Nikon that once again he forgot his tripod at home, all taking pictures at once but never allowing for clear pictures other than the ones the secret Cabal of high powered secret government employees take only to hide from the general public in secret safes that only poor trusted government employee Sam Wunderbluss knows about, poor Sam only paid a 30 thousand a year secret librarians salary who would never say a word to the Weekly Weak News for say an offer a billion dollars...why would those same aliens allow the government to take their picture, much less let Mary Ellen, Frankie's girl friend, whom they abducted, why the hell would they let Mary Ellen go ?

These alien guys go to a hell of a lot of trouble, interstellar travel and all, they disguise their appearance as blurry frisbees that forgot to turn off the parking lights, kidnap some alien who undoubtedly cant even communicate with them only to let him or her go along their merry parade route directly to Weekly Weak News to sell their abduction story for $25, the smart ones find a publisher or write a film scripe and take in millions.

These same aliens are expected to return to Albertiuseless and tell Colonel gazodifunkel about the alien they had in their ship but let her go, they do offer the Colonel a blurry picture picture of some hairy creature running into an alien forest, they hastily explain to the Colonel of the strange earthly phenomenon of causing all picture taking apparatus to only take blurry pictures when important.

I do want to believe. However not one credible government photo, of which the claim is made that many countries military's have in their possession yet not one credible undisputed photo has ever appeared. I suppose they, whoever they are just kill everybody that is in the chain of viewing all those photos and not one single human whistleblower has ever emerged with a photo of their own.

Meanwhile on Albertiusless, the Colonel executes the crew who returned with a blurry photo of an alien that they released back to earth to reveal their existence, only to send another crew out to abduct another one with the parking lots on, again letting another one go because they got such a great picture, only a little blurry, Addazio is certain he can clean it up with the latest image software before they give it to the Colonel.

And I am suppose to stand up for some guy charging 50 dollars for a ticket to sell his story, 75 dollars for the book, 50 dollars for the paperback and 100 dollars for a crystal to communicate with the same aliens who abducted him, 1 thousand dollars for a private channeling session to warn me of impending nuclear doom and our dirty water, stand for a guy who couldn't run away from an alien ship with parking lights on while spending an hour hovering over farmer Jones field while designing an intricate mathematical circle, based on alien math and an alien universe they nothing about while Frankie takes another blurry picture. Okay, I stand up, now what ?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That's a great point! Which makes me think about flipping it around. At night, it's pretty hard to detect a UFO if it's completely dark flying through the sky! This idea kind of supports they are here in great numbers but we just don't detect them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join