It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You won’t believe what CNN just did !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I was hoping for a CNN reporter riding a unicorn wielding a chainsaw *sigh*

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Fox is still msm and still avoids certain stories that would hurt their advertisors, supporters, and political friends.

50/50 with trump during the election maybe....

Fox, just like msnbc, cnn, OAN, ect.. are hacks in journalism. Not sure why we are arguing which one is better when they all suck.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Not during the election, those were the reports after the election, when Trump was already President.

FOX does suck, it just sucks the least. Not much of an endorsement. Someone claimed I was making numbers up, so I sourced that I wasn't.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Ahh okay. I just don't understand why others on ATS argue which msm network sucks the most.

We need to stop watching all of them and giving them revenue....

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Ahh okay. I just don't understand why others on ATS argue which msm network sucks the most.

If I have no choice I will use FOX, I will avoid FOX whenever possible too.

But my post was simply about how various MSM agencies reported on Trump and Obama. That poster said I was wrong, so I proved I was right.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If I have no choice I will use FOX, I will avoid FOX whenever possible too.

But my post was simply about how various MSM agencies reported on Trump and Obama. That poster said I was wrong, so I proved I was right.

Good observation that we have no choice. I too avoid it but do have a little interest in a couple of their talking heads.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Thanks for helping clarify The significance. I started to answer a reply last night and it got longer and longer and longer. So I’ve decided to turn it into another thread. When footballs over and I do a little touch up. I think you’re gonna like it .

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Liberals don’t carry chainsaws they hug trees.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I know how you right wingers are very critical of so called left-wing media outlets like CNN and MS-NBC. But have you ever looked in the mirror of what your channel is doing?

There is no Our Channel.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Fox is still msm and still avoids certain stories that would hurt their advertisors, supporters, and political friends.

50/50 with trump during the election maybe....

Fox, just like msnbc, cnn, OAN, ect.. are hacks in journalism. Not sure why we are arguing which one is better when they all suck.

One is clearly more pro American, pro patriotism z pro America first.

The others are more globalist elitist saying how they are going to change evething.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
CNN is finally realizing the cause is lost. This is the equivalent of "back up 10 yards and punt." They want to save whatever is left of their reputation (which at this point isn't much). They did something similar in 2000, when we had the Bush-Gore fiasco. In their haste to declare Gore the next President (that still makes my hair stand on end to say that), they called Florida for Gore prematurely. The problem was that all of the polls had not yet closed in Florida! Florida spans two time zones, Eastern and Central. South Florida is a bastion of Democratic support and is in the Eastern time zone, while the panhandle in Central time is strongly Republican. When the state was called, I was watching the returns; Bush was far ahead of Gore with an hour of voting left in the panhandle.

I switched over to Fox News because of that.

Of course, at one point Fox News got pretty biased in the other direction and I switched back to CNN. I figured, hey, they screwed up... they learned from their mistake and won't do it again. Boy, was I wrong! In 2016 they broke the Billy Bush story to damage Trump, in a way I considered an absolutely inexcusable invasion of privacy in order to accomplish a political hit job.

I switched back to Fox News because of that.

All of the networks have a bias. Fox News has a strong Republican bias, while the rest of the MSM (NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC) have a strong Democratic bias. None have a bias toward Trump; Fox has Hannity of course, who is a close friend of Trump, but Hannity is a pundit. I'm talking reporters.

Fox gives Trump a fairer shake because Trump is the fire behind the Republicans right now. If Trump had gotten elected as a Democrat, Fox would not give him as fair a shake. The remainder of the MSM will not give Trump any credit at all for the same reason: they see Trump as their largest problem supporting the Democrats. Notice I did not say Republican policies or Democratic policies... it is not the policies that are being supported; it is the parties themselves. The policies are simply there to attract votes.

All the networks know how to skew polls, and all the networks know that polls can be a self-fulfilling prophesy. Everyone wants to be on the "winning team." So a good pollster can create questions that include hidden bias and select areas to poll that include bias, and get pretty much any result they want. They can then take those numbers along with the biases they included and know what the real polls would say without the biases. They don't tell us this; they show us their biased polls to get us to jump on the winning team.

It sounds to me like the internal polling numbers are showing the same thing they showed in 2016, to an even greater extent: America will again declare Donald Trump President in 2020. If the polls didn't self-fulfill in 2016, they won't do so in 2020, and CNN cannot survive this way for four more years. They have to back off their open agendas and give in... or at least appear to. I'll not switch back to them after this time. I know they haven't learned anything other than it's time to CYA and lay low for a while.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

It wouldn't be so bad if the DNC leadership hadn't gone so bat-guano insane the last three years. Ilhan Omar should be toast this time, losing by a wide enough margin to make CNN pundits cry real tears. She has become an embarrassment to the USA and to Minnesota. Any time an area swings too far in one political direction, the pressure to swing back increases and this is apparently Minnesota's breaking point. Good thing too. When i was driving a truck, Minneapolis/St. Paul passed an ordinance that prohibited truck idling. Now, that's bad enough, as it endangers the health of the drivers and makes it hard to get enough rest, but they went farther: they also banned idling reefer units. Those reefer units are what keeps perishable food from spoiling during transit! They literally outlawed food that wasn't spoiled!

Understand that: Minneapolis/St. Paul's solution to Global Warming was to make the people eat spoiled food.

The DNC leadership has gone even farther into loco-land with the "New Green Deal." The people are seeing what it is they have been supporting, and they're backing off on that support. CNN knows it, and CNN is running scared. They have spent the last three years making a bed they will now have to sleep in. As long as CNN has the same people in management as they do now, I will not return to watching them no matter how many conservatives they hire.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

I am not sure it would be good for the good guys as the unions would be under assault with the GOP in control. Look at what happened in Wisconsin when GOP got control, their big push was to screw unions any and every way they could hurting workers and supporting CEOs.

There is really no need for Unions, at least not like there was back in the day.

Nowadays all Unions mostly do is take some of your pay as dues whether you want to be a member or not, and do whatever is best for the Union bosses, leaving some crumbs left over for the minions.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I know how you right wingers are very critical of so called left-wing media outlets like CNN and MS-NBC. But have you ever looked in the mirror of what your channel is doing?

I think you can say or post whatever you want.
Whether it’s based in reality is another thing.

<< 1  2   >>

join