It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats reveal their drug plan. . . . socialized pharmaceuticals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

More expensive. Which is exactly why the Democrats are scum and look out for their donors instead of their constituents. Par for the course.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Anyone with half a brain knows government dictates healthcare costs now.

We aren't in the business of developing even half brains, anymore.

Democrats took over the Public school systems and the private Liberal school systems long ago.

We are witnessing the fruits of the efforts !!

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

As long as the trillionaires and billionaires pay their fair share of taxes as opposed to zero taxes to pay for it then I'm all for it!!!

Tax everybody until there's nothing left for anybody else !!

Who pays the taxes when there's no profits left? 😀

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You think the government is going to break up the monopolies when the monopolies are the ones paying our representatives their paychecks? That's cute.

Ignorance truly must be bliss.

Well, while you sit on your little ant hill trying to divide everyone with your pointless rhetoric, the rest of us will use the power of our vote to try and combat the corruption,demand they enforce anti-trust laws, and allow competition to work. It may not be successful, but its more than what you seem to ever want to do.

So, why don't you go into a dark corner and wallow in your pessimism. Viewing it here is tiresome.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What did I spin? The monopolies won't allow affordable healthcare because it cuts into their bottom line. That's not spin, that's reality.

Did I say you spun anything? I said you touched on how they'll spin it.

Reading comprehension is a skill you should work on.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So you think the drug monopolies will want to charge less than what the government dictates? That's cute.

Affordable healthcare will never be in the cards, the monopolies won't have it and neither will the government. Profit is all that matters not the wellbeing of the population.

Break up the monopolies, and allow competition.

Look at AMD vs intel currently. More importantly, look at core count now vs just a couple years ago for the same price brackets.

This seems like another alternative that could be looked at with existing laws.

Though 3NL1GHT3N3D1 does have a point that many are in bed with both sides of the aisle.

Indeed. And I think many of us can agree that it should stop. Unfortunately the political divide is such that even this basic belief gets lost in the noise.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The insurance companies and hospital/doctors negotiate the cost and payments for the health services.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

If you want to continue believing that your vote matters more than a few hundred thousand dollars in donations then go for it, still doesn't change the fact that both parties are in bed with the establishment, the very same establishment that will use that new trillion dollar tax cut to bribe our politicians even more. You don't get to the presidential primaries without licking establishment boots much like you don't get corporate promotions by going against corporate wishes. They're all corrupt, I don't let a certain party blind me to that fact like you and many others.

Vote in one hand and put a hundred thousand dollars in the other and see which fills up faster.

I wonder when you'll wake up to the fact that you have false hope? Never it seems, ignorance is bliss. 🤣
edit on 9/21/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The insurance companies and hospital/doctors negotiate the cost and payments for the health services.

Not really. They negotiate percentages.

Government sets the baseline costs.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

No the monopolies Tell the government what the baseline costs will be. Corporate Oligarchs call the play here thru the sweet lobbyist deals made in the 19th hole. All nice and secret like....
edit on 21-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Shhhh.... don't open the curtains up! The circus happening on stage is more important than the ones directing it!
edit on 9/21/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No the monopolies Tell the government what the baseline costs will be. Corporate Oligarchs call the play here thru the sweet lobbyist deals made in the 19th hole. All nice and secret like....

Well, if that's the case, then your leftist leaders are a bunch of spineless pussies.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Maybe they should make deals with terrorists, seems to work for Trump.

Oh wait, they already have. Obama was in bed with the Sauds just like Trump. But don't let that distract you from the fact that Trump got two scoops of ice cream! 🤣

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I didn’t realize your degree was in foreign policy.

Apologies

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

My degree is in logic. Trump chose to make his bed with terrorsists just like Obama.

Maybe you think it's logical to give one criminal a pass in spite of another but I don't.

Like I said, you'd justify Trump killing your mom if Obama killed your dad. Pretty sad.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well I'm here working at a show right now and it just so happens a few of the client crew are from Canada and we got on the healthcare topic over lunch. They didn't seem too pleased with it at all. Wait times are insane they say and the taxes they pay for it are much more than it would cost them to buy their own here in the states. Neither of them had good things to say about the state run healthcare and they also don't even use it and still get taxed for it. They happened to be a married couple and get their insurance through a private company provided by their employer.

So when you see stuff like this and people who've never lived in a place and had to deal with it tell you it'll be better than the mess we currently have...I probably wouldn't believe them.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Meds are expensive enough already. I think that some of the Dems have lost their mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So you think the drug monopolies will want to charge less than what the government dictates? That's cute.

Affordable healthcare will never be in the cards, the monopolies won't have it and neither will the government. Profit is all that matters not the wellbeing of the population.

Break up the monopolies, and allow competition.

Look at AMD vs intel currently. More importantly, look at core count now vs just a couple years ago for the same price brackets.

This seems like another alternative that could be looked at with existing laws.

Though 3NL1GHT3N3D1 does have a point that many are in bed with both sides of the aisle.

Indeed. And I think many of us can agree that it should stop. Unfortunately the political divide is such that even this basic belief gets lost in the noise.

The establishment have a way of making things most Americans agree on wedge issues.

They're f#king good... I'll give them that.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Meds are expensive enough already. I think that some of the Dems have lost their mind.

It's almost like they're competing with 2016 to see how many independents they can get to resent them.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I remember the days before insurance. A doctors visit cost 30 bucks. Then insurance came into being and the cost doubled because of insurance. The doctor began charging 50 bucks a visit knowing that the insurance would pick up the difference. since then the price charged has just spiraled upward knowing that insurance would pick up the difference, same with medicine cost.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join