It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does America have so many serial killers?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
On a lark, while watching the Australian version of 60 minutes basically, they have covered a few serial killers. That made me wonder what the global , national averages are and if Australias history as a prison farm. Lead to them having a higher rate.

Well boy was I shocked..

America tops the list by a grip..

“In serial killing, the USA with a staggering figure of 2743 serial killers stays at the top position. This figure is approximately 19 times more than the number of serial killers in England. In the USA, the serial killers are of all races like White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, and Native Americans. However, a majority of them i.e. more than 50 percent are white with an average age 33.44 years. The most common method adopted by these serial killers in the US is bombing, strangulation, poisoning, and stabbing. ”

www.worldatlas.com...

Here is a link to a graph that shows all the top countries.. if someone wants to embed it that would rock..

starecat.com...

The US has had 2,320

The next in line is England with 116!!!

That’s crazy.. I haven’t done the math, but I don’t think population rate can touch that big of a disparity.

Also I was kinda thinking maybe “first world problems”??

Maybe the easier the populations life the more time and energy they have to put into both good and bad things..

If your subsistence living, then maybe you don’t have time for much serial killing, but America out does all the first world counties by a grip too.

I thought it was pretty neat info
edit on 21-9-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Why is Jack the ripper the most notorious and English?
en.wikipedia.org...

Then population densities and other things come up. But I'll leave it at At Jack.
edit on 21-9-2019 by randomtangentsrme because: Pizza for dinner. Awake while asleep.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Have always been industrious overachievers in the United States.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Because we have a highly diverse population and large land mass. Build the wall, I guess.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Because he was the earliest, it was never solved and has been conspiracy fodder since?!?

I am not seeing your point...

England has 119, America has 2,320.. ill check the math on population rates, but that is a hell of a gap to fill

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Since the VAST majority are white middle class males, maybe the wall is to keep the serial killers in???

Lol

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
en.wikipedia.org...

Then population densities and other things come up. But I'll leave it at At Jack.

The population of England is 56 million people.. the US population is 350 million people..

The US has roughly 7 times as many people..

So 119 (England’s serial killers) x’s 7= roughly 850... don’t feel like using paper or a calculator lol)

So with population figured in the us has 2,320 and England has 850..

Not even close

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
America was founded on mass murder and slaughter. Is it any surprise?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Tell that to the Aboriginies.

Id say cuz we do things wigh style and aplomb whereas the UK is as bland as the food.

a reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Id say cuz we do things wigh style and aplomb whereas the UK is as bland as the food.

I needs me some old fashioned Lakenheath24 shaped murdering with my cosh shaped black pudding!!! (joking)

I to have wondered why America has so many serial killers compared with the rest of us? Is it in their water, is it nature or nurture? Or is it just something simple like are they to uptight or highly wound.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

en.wikipedia.org...

The population of England is 56 million people.. the US population is 350 million people..

So 119 (England’s serial killers) x’s 7= roughly 850... don’t feel like using paper or a calculator lol)

Not even close

If you wish to use population as your landmark, then why has China so few mass shootings? Their population is 5 x greater than The U.S.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
See....proved my point...we would use fava beans and a nice chianti...😅😂

Tis an interesting thing....i would surmise that most of the white dudes are from Norfolk or the Fens. Add in a lil Wild West and a dash of Hollyweird and its a recipe fit for crazy peeps.

a reply to: Kurokage

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

en.wikipedia.org...

Not even close

If you wish to use population as your landmark, then why has China so few mass shootings? Their population is 5 x greater than The U.S.

Because China has less structure. Poor communication, less record keeping. There are entire regions of China that do not speak Mandarin. Outside of the major cities it falls apart. Those areas are peasants and farmers by and large. They have the same problems as everyone else.

What they don't have in those regions is technology, strong databases, pursuit of missing person cases, access to bullets, guns. In the US, if somebody goes missing, even in poor areas, it is pursued and put in a database forever.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Of America or Australia? If the former, I am one.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Pretty sure they aint no aborigines in America. Least not in the context i was talking about.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: alldaylong

en.wikipedia.org...

Not even close

Because China has less structure. Poor communication, less record keeping. There are entire regions of China that do not speak Mandarin. Outside of the major cities it falls apart. Those areas are peasants and farmers by and large. They have the same problems as everyone else.

What they don't have in those regions is technology, strong databases, pursuit of missing person cases, access to bullets, guns. In the US, if somebody goes missing, even in poor areas, it is pursued and put in a database forever.

So your answer verifies that mass shootings have no connection to the size of population.

On that we can agree.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Why does the rest of the world NOT have as many serial killers? They need to catch up!
They're missing out on some serious horror movie fodder!

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Okay, sources checked Worldatlas lists 10 countries Starecat lists 16 - world has about 192 countries.
RESULTS: Incomplete, misleading statistics for a small group of industrialized countries, insufficient for a representative sample of world population. Known divergence in counting methodologies for mass deaths. Over 90% of county data missing from observations.

INTERPRETATION; propagandist narrative - by country based on total count, versus per capita be population count.

How many countries (of 192) keep statistics on: murders, mass murders, and/or serial murderers specifically?

Why doesn't any of the data align when it comes to mass events?
Australia & England count mass shooting events differently from each other and from the USA.
We can't even agree on casualty counts as US statistics often include non-fatality injuries.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What bothers me is data like this, where the US is the worse in this, worse in that, doing poorly in this.... leaves out something critical; The US is obsessed with data.

It is going to have more info, details from every single region of the country spanning decades. That is not going on in many countries so saying the US is horrible in something is beyond misleading. It can't be proven right without the same level of effort on data collection from other countries.

How many serial killers migrated from Syria? Oh that would be zero. It's zero because there is NO DATA or insufficient data.
Is it believable that out of millions of migrants not one of them was a serial killer. My answer would be no, it's not believable at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

"Torture numbers long enough and they'll give you any answer you want."
-anon

Flexible: The definition of a serial killer has been under debate since the word "serial killer" was first coined. Because of this, we provide easy filtering to allow the researcher to tailor their search to match their particular definition. Filtered variables include victim count, length of killing career, motive, killing method and victim preference.

skdb.fgcu.edu...

You can skew the data to make the US out like monsters, or not. The above is from the OP's source. If you look at the pdf

skdb.fgcu.edu...

you can make the statistics say just about anything.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join