It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This rant will blow your mind!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Or not.

Good day fellow people who hate idiots, we are kindred spirits, today I turn my ire to television.

Ever heard of the masked singer? Neither have I, but TV says it's a "global sensation" well I spend hours looking on the Net scouting for articles to make threads, this masked Singer? Nothing but crickets. Global sensation? Listen TV, stop trying to polish turds, I've seen the promo's, the zapruder film is more entertaining.

Then we have other shows that promises me that an episode "will have the whole nation talking" of course it will, my friends newborn Daughter's first words were "holy $h!t did you watch the batchelor last night?"

And here's another favorite of mine "this episode will be unmissable" ok, this nuclear reactor is about to go critical mass that I need to fix to avoid a catastrophe but that can wait an hour so I can see American idol!

And then we have the slow talking voice overs to give a "dramatic effect"

"WHAT..." ok "YOU..." let me guess 'will' "WILL..." I sense a see coming "SEE..." I'm gonna take a shower "WILL..." you're still talking? "BLOW..." The Superbowl started "YOUR..." superbowl's over "MIND."

Jesus tapcdancing Christ. Tell me what the shows about, what time and day, so I can not tune in the BS you're trying to push on me.

edit on 21-9-2019 by spacedoubt because: Edited all caps in title

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Or you can just not let TV (or news articles about TV) be a part of what influences you?

To answer your question:
Yup. I heard about the masked singer from "news" articles.

Don't care. As I work in the arts I get to interact with talented people every day. I do not need a show to remind me there are talented people everywhere.

If you are bored some night search "Hollywood lip sync battle" on YouTube.
Then look at "putting on the hitz."

Nothing's changed. There is just more platforms now.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
There have always been boring, pointless television shows to entertain and indoctrinate the mouth breathers. I totally agree it is stupid and pointless, but when my wife and I see this there are shows like that we just laugh at them and the do something more interesting like read a book.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Uhhhh, do you mean this guy???

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Uhhhh, do you mean this guy???

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Hi. Long time, no see.

I hate it when they overstate stuff. It's so stupid. "It has the whole world talking." Yeah the Amish are really talking about a show they watched on their TV. Wait. What TV? Stupid. Just stupid.

When you said "masked singer" I thought of this guy for some reason.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Mind not blown, but a bit numb after reading that.

Solution.....turn telly off....go outside....breathe deeply....go to pub.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Not mind blowing, just advertising strategy. Nearly every show on television advertises the same claims.

The only television show I watch regularly is Mountain Monsters- it's the best comedy on television! It's like having the WWE and Bigfoot rolled up with one of those ghost hunter shows where they run away from every creaking door. It's hilarious!

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

None of those are to be outdone by my favorite - The Very Special Episode.

Personally, I think that really just means retarded. Yeah, I went there.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Right now I am a bit confused by your rant and my coffee mug
is empty.If you have a problem with TV,then turn it off!

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Television is based on mass consumption. Mass Consumption. Therefore it is directed at masses of people, not individuals.
The bigger the masses, the bigger the pay off from advertisers.

As consumers are not necessarily discerning folk the must be reassured that they are not alone in their consumption. So the marketing people need to tell them what is funny or harrowing or whatever and that everybody is watching. That way they don't feel alone.

I remember back when TV was new, yes, I'm that old. We would go to school and talk about what happened to LIttle Joe or Hoss or Beaver. Our parents did the same thing at work and around the neighborhood. Mass consumption. Those in the neighborhood who had no TV, yes, there was a time, felt excluded because they had nothing to add to the conversations of the latest exploits of Lassie or Rin Tin Tin.

As the American public became more mobile with children moving away from their home towns and neighbors moving up to bigger houses or being transferred to other work locales the daily confabs over what was on last night began to dissolve and the sense that consuming watchers as a common bond went with it, the TV needed to step up it's marketing of their programs, hence, ''The Number One Drama'' or the '' Comedy that everyone is talking about'' came into being.

Mass consumption, providing mass pablum and mass indoctrination.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Don't pay for TV. Get internet and go from there.

Face it.. TV news sucks, commercials suck, paying for 1000 channels but only using 5 sucks.

Most young peopld i know don't use regular tv. I think it's slowly becoming outdated.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't watch TV so I don't know, but surely it's no worse than the clickbait headlines here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm trying to figure out what rock the OP is living under where he either doesn't have the ol' antiquated TIVO solution hooked up, or streaming commercial-free. My dad's freakin' 77 years old and instead of regular TV, streams to bypass commercials, FFS.
edit on 9/21/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS. . . . . .

You mean like that?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What really gets my goat is when they announce the winner with " the winner is"---------- and they say nothing for a couple of minutes. Just say who the winner is not pretend to wait, bloody morons.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

hahaha maybe its this guy

But probably this 2 year old "New Sensation" coming to a "TV station near you for the 1st Time"

Based on an international hit, which already is a viral phenomenon with more than half a billion fans worldwide, and the No. 1 top-trending video of 2017 on YouTube, THE MASKED SINGER features celebrities facing off against one another w

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey, just a word of advice - lay low for a while. You're in the news

D.B. Cowboy and a James Comey Connection?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hey, just a word of advice - lay low for a while. You're in the news

D.B. Cowboy and a James Comey Connection?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He swiped "right" and we had a magical moment.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"A boats a boat, but the mystery box could be anything."
Peter Griffin

top topics

join