It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of kids protest for saving the planet - prophetic fulfillment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
a reply to: 2012newstart

Mao used the same tactics; he had children reporting the perceived "violations" of their parents and other adults which resulted in heinous atrocities (killing of nonconformist adults). In other words, the children became tattletales against their own family and friends. Be wise everyone, history repeats itself.

Ha, comparing the climate danger and destruction of planet warning, to Mao? How far the hate could go indfeed!

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

until we keep saying that nothing will change, that our lifestyle cannot be changed....we are doomed. The day before I had such a discussion with a friend who perfectly knows and believes all climate and other dangers, who at one time advocated them, and today he is in the system, he gets money from the system. And he says exactly as you say...Nothing can't be changed, at least not by us here and now, maybe after 20 years...or should we say, after we are long gone maybe...

That kind of philosophy made us be where we are now, at the edge of the cliff, because no one bothered to change anything for decades. The climate science is not something new, it rings the alarm at least for 3 decades around the time of the fall of Berlin wall and even before that.

Our lifestyle wasn't always like that. I do not say we should go back in middle ages in preindustrial era. I say, and many scientists say, there is a way forward.
edit on 21-9-2019 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Climate change movements is brainwashing the kids and fulling them with nonsense

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I still doubt that there were a million kids protesting.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Maybe you should try being a rural conservative, when you live close to nature you can clearly see that our planet is dying.

I agree with him, and I daresay I am more rural than you are. My place is as pristine as it was when my father cleared it. Our home fits into the natural landscape; it doesn't try to overpower it. Out here, we know how to live in harmony with nature.

I don't know where you're from, but here we don't have deer with bellies full of plastic bags or chemical plants on our river making your eyes burn. We have more trees, more deer, more fish, and probably cleaner air than we had a generation ago, and we did it without all this Global Warming hogwash. It sounds more and more to me that people simply need to clean up their own backyard instead of demanding that those who have kept theirs clean all these years do without.

I'm not sure what plastic bags and chemical plants have to do with this protest party anyway. They're complaining about carbon dioxide. Plastic bags, believe it or not, are not the same as carbon dioxide. Neither are those chemical plants that burn your eyes; carbon dioxide doesn't do that.

Our kids are already falling behind other nations in education metrics, and yet here we are just letting them waltz out of a class to have a party with silly signs and sing-along slogans that claim something that isn't even true.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
Climate change movements is brainwashing the kids and fulling them with nonsense

Exactly as you say!!!! Should I doubt an inch of what you said? And where are the proofs?

The facts show we get hotter and hotter summers. Is it normal to have summer temperatures starting from April and May? The ice sheet in the arctic melts for much larger areas every next summer. Check maps and satellite images. It is not a secret occult science, it is not a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox

Why don't you go personally on Sept 27 to witness by yourself?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

edit on 21-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It’s all a farce. Tactics to prey on collective social concience.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

You may be right, but never underestimate the arrogance of those of the Church of Woke.

Imagine for a moment you are a teenager in school. The school says you can skip all classes tomorrow if you'll just show up at a party (this was not a protest; it was a party) with your friends and walk around outside unsupervised holding a sign. Or you can come to school and do math. Which would you choose?

That's what infuriates me about this. It's nothing short of child abuse. Parents have been fined for letting their kids do something similar.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
UN TV live, the youth conference will be streamed this weekend, followed by the official climate meeting.

webtv.un.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A step-by-step pavement installation guide?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I tried to link from my phone, ooopsey.

It's raining plastic: microscopic fibers fall from the sky in Rocky Mountains

Gaurdian article

This is pretty remote and if what they are saying is true, were in real trouble as a species.

My results are purely accidental,” he said, though they are consistent with another recent study that found microplastics in the Pyrenees, suggesting plastic particles could travel with the wind for hundreds, if not thousands, of kilometers. Other studies have turned up microplastics in the deepest reaches of the ocean, in UK lakes and rivers and in US groundwater.

edit on 21-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

The ice sheet in the arctic melts for much larger areas every next summer

The ice sheets Regrow again.

I doubt an inch of what you said? And where are the proofs?

Its like religion wake up.

The facts show we get hotter and hotter summers
n/greek
And yeah???????????????????? there were such hotter summers in during roman greek era times.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   

OK, that worked better.

First of all, I have to point out, again, that this is not what was being protested! It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with carbon dioxide or Global Warming.

That aside, it could be an issue. I'd like to see some serious study on health effects from micro- and nano-plastics. I don't consider it a chronic crisis however; ever hear the term "partially hydrogenated soybean oil"? It's oil from soybeans (all oil is a hydrocarbon chain) which has been saturated with hydrogen under high pressure. The result is an even longer chain of hydrocarbons colloquially referred to as "plastic."

That's right. Every time you see the phrase "partially hydrogenated soybean oil" on your food label, that means you are eating a plastic. That's the trick margarine uses to prevent health problems: since the plasticized hydrocarbon chains can't be absorbed, there's nothing absorbed to cause any health concerns. Ergo, all plastic is not dangerous, even when ingested.

Breathing the fibers could be another issue, as could certain other types of plastic fibers. Remember that there really is not such substance as "plastic." Plastic just refers to a wide range of different hydrocarbon chains as well as how they are terminated. Latex, for example, is a plastic that is formed by the release of hydrogen by ammonia decomposition around shorter molecule chains during the curing process. Commercial latex also is chlorinated, meaning chlorine atoms are used to terminate the ends of the fibers making them more resilient.

In other words, we need to know what kind of fibers we are dealing with and then what the potential health issues of them are. Then we can decide if we should panic.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart Why isn't science being honest they hide facts skew facts to make their story sound correct,humans aren't responsible for demise of earth,thats bull# liberals cry

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

You're right these protests are about climate change and that is certainly very real, however I have my doubts as to how much we humans have to do with that and more to the point have any chance or ability to do anything about it.

I am concerned with pollution and its affects on the plants and animals and obviously waterways, in saying that I will have to learn more about as I was completely unaware of what you just wrote about and clearly I need to learn some more before I attempt to respond

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

We seem to be in agreement then. Well, except I am pretty sure how much we humans are changing the climate through carbon dioxide: none (or at least not enough to matter, as in a fraction of a degree perhaps).

Like you, I am concerned about pollution in general. There's a lot to understanding it, though. Every material is different and can give different results. A good example: did you know aluminum is a toxic metal? Yep, that lightweight structural metal we all know so well, is highly toxic in the body, and has some serious links to Alzheimer's. Now, did you know that most antiperspirants use aluminum compounds? I go out of my way to use the few which don't use aluminum instead (there are some).

But I don't bat an eye at drinking out of an aluminum can. Why? Because aluminum metal almost immediately forms a thin layer of aluminum oxide on its surface as soon as it comes into contact with air... it's literally that reactive. Aluminum oxide is the same stuff that precious gens are made of, emeralds, rubies, etc. It is quite inert. So my drink never comes into contact with actual aluminum metal and contains no aluminum.

The aluminum compounds on antiperspirants are different. They are not inert and they can be absorbed into the body. My point here is that the exact same material even can exhibit widely differing properties depending on how it is used... in one way, inert and safe, but in another way, quite toxic.

Good luck on your journey!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You're point is valid but that's not climate change, thats pollution and that is far more of an issue than climate change which will happen regardless and I doubt we can do a whole lot more than just adapt to it, however with pollution there no way of adapting to it, it's scary because once all the fresh water and oceans reach that tipping point assuming were not there already, were doomed.

Sorry but ... Climate change is caused by pollution. We pump poisonous bases into the atmosphere, and those gasses upset the natural balance, and that causes the climate to charge.

For example, we release gasses into the air that cause it to trap more heat from the sun, which causes the planet to get hotter.

Or we poison the oceans which kills the algae that feeds on carbon dioxide, which leads to increased carbon dioxide in the air which effects weather patterns. Which in turn alters our climate.

The earth was a self sustaining eco system, and the climate is part of that eco system. We poison one part and this effects other parts.

This is not some kind of liberal conspiracy. Ask farmers and hunters, good conservative foIk who have lived in the land for generations, they will tell you that the seasons change in relation to the poisoning of the land the air and the water. Nature is out of balance.

The liberal elite in their big cities and shiny suburbs with their A.C. and their swimming pools, and their new iPhones are insulated from these changes, it is the conservatives who live in small towns and on farms who are at the forefront.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You're point is valid but that's not climate change, thats pollution and that is far more of an issue than climate change which will happen regardless and I doubt we can do a whole lot more than just adapt to it, however with pollution there no way of adapting to it, it's scary because once all the fresh water and oceans reach that tipping point assuming were not there already, were doomed.

Sorry but ... Climate change is caused by pollution. We pump poisonous bases into the atmosphere, and those gasses upset the natural balance, and that causes the climate to charge.

For example, we release gasses into the air that cause it to trap more heat from the sun, which causes the planet to get hotter.

Or we poison the oceans which kills the algae that feeds on carbon dioxide, which leads to increased carbon dioxide in the air which effects weather patterns. Which in turn alters our climate.

The earth was a self sustaining eco system, and the climate is part of that eco system. We poison one part and this effects other parts.

This is not some kind of liberal conspiracy. Ask farmers and hunters, good conservative foIk who have lived in the land for generations, they will tell you that the seasons change in relation to the poisoning of the land the air and the water. Nature is out of balance.

The liberal elite in their big cities and shiny suburbs with their A.C. and their swimming pools, and their new iPhones are insulated from these changes, it is the conservatives who live in small towns and on farms who are at the forefront.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join