It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to create a YT channel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I had a channel many years ago creating goofy little videos. Well some of those videos started garnering around 40-75K views, and I was enjoying creating content. One day my channel got deleted without warning for supposed copyright violation. I was never even warned to take down the videos or anything. I just got an email saying I was banned.

I want to create a channel again, but with a very specific idea and plan in mind for the content I want to create. I think it will be unique and entertaining, and shouldn't cause any copyright issues.

Can I get some advice or pointers from those that have had channels on the web before? Ultimately I just want to have fun with my idea, but if it could generate a little income that would be quite cool as well. Any tips on getting my channel monetized?

Lastly, I might create a single, ongoing thread on ATS showcasing my uploads when I get it going. Mods, please tell me if this allowed to share on ATS in a designated thread. The content does not involve ATS, and would be a Below topic. Thanks for any input there.

Thanks for your time and replies

edit on 20-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

My advice don't go the youtube route. Get your own website and use ads etc.

Youtube changed and it's very hard to make anything now unless you are doing pranks or making stupid sounds.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Grambler has his own channel, ask him.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
From what i see it seems youtube is on the decline and likely a dead platform for individual creators that wish to make content, garner a following and potentially make some money while doing so.

Go for it though, just seems there couldn't be a WORSE time in youtube history than today with regard to individual small content creators.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

My advice don't go the youtube route. Get your own website and use ads etc.

Youtube changed and it's very hard to make anything now unless you are doing pranks or making stupid sounds.

Youtube is still probably better, for visibility, than a standalone site.

Just don't expect to get NOTHING from them,no help, no ad revenue, etc.

Still, if you can post videos, get some followers and THEN direct them to a site either for merch or for "subscriber" services or something like monthly support(patreon). That seems to be the only way to generate anything.
edit on 20-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

doing pranks or making stupid sounds.

That's the gist of what I'll be doing..kinda like all my content here

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Depending on the type of content. Instagram seems like quick path to success.

www.instagram.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I would use Brighteon.com. You can monetize your views and they are supporters of free speech. You won’t have to worry about angry libs banning you because of their feels.
edit on 2019/9/20 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I have a thread where I post when I live stream and there doesn’t seem to be a problem with that’s

I have been told not to actively “recruit” participation on live streams

But the mods seem to be fine with me posting videos

I think if you had one thread with all your videos it would be awesome. Like threads we have where members post their artwork or music

Whatever it is you do I can’t wait to check out

Unless it has to do with making cupcakes. My wife watches those videos nonstop and I can’t handle another minute of it

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I have a thread where I post when I live stream and there doesn’t seem to be a problem with that’s

I have been told not to actively “recruit” participation on live streams

But the mods seem to be fine with me posting videos

I think if you had one thread with all your videos it would be awesome. Like threads we have where members post their artwork or music

Whatever it is you do I can’t wait to check out

Unless it has to do with making cupcakes. My wife watches those videos nonstop and I can’t handle another minute of it

Because she watches all the videos and never makes any?
or
Because she watches all the videos and makes a crap ton of them?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I would use Brighteon.com. You can monetize your views and they are supporters of free speech. You won’t have to worry about angry libs banning you because of their feels.

My idea isn't political, controversial, or offensive in any way. I'm in it mostly for the lulz. I like to make people laugh if possible. That's my aim.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

My idea isn't political, controversial, or offensive in any way. I'm in it mostly for the lulz. I like to make people laugh if possible. That's my aim.

Well, you obviously haven't been following current events.

Comedy, is one of, if not the, most controversial things these days. You can make some people laugh, the ones that don't will be extremely offended and seek retribution on you.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If I can get permission from a mod, I'll designate a thread in the appropriate Below forum.

I haven't even made a channel yet. I will be shopping for camera and audio gear this weekend. Is there anything I need to know about registering on YT? The monetization part I admit I'm pretty clueless on as well. I didn't even know what 'ad revenue' meant 12 years ago when I had my other channel.

Honestly, if I never saw a dime I'd be pretty okay with that. It would help fund for the materials and such though. And hey who doesn't want their creativity to generate a little money.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
From what i see it seems youtube is on the decline and likely a dead platform for individual creators that wish to make content, garner a following and potentially make some money while doing so.

Go for it though, just seems there couldn't be a WORSE time in youtube history than today with regard to individual small content creators.

A lot of verified content creators just got an message from youtube stating that they've changed how to verify people on youtube and they will lose their verified status...

Unless you are well known outside of youtube that is, like CNN, etc... everyone else is now at the whim of being banned for 'impersonating' someone, I guess.

youtube is done..

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

As someone with a Youtube channel, and appeared on UK TV too alongside radio stations (tried to direct traffic at the time) its old news mate. Was getting 20k views on Facebook at the time per post and could only muster 88 subs on Youtube

Twitch is where it is happening (if you want to make money from it) at the moment from what I know. Sit in front of a webcam in your dressing gown eating junk food whilst pretending to be happy playing COD or some crap or roleplay yourself in a game as Donald Trump etc will prob get you further than starting out on Youtube.
Oh and if you have boobs, like really nice big fat boobs, youre onto a winner son haha

Not a fan of any social media anymore (aside from ATS if it can be considered social media) to be honest though

PS: if you really want to do it though, go do it mate, nobody can tell you otherwise really aside from offering their experiences. Best of luck whatever you end up doing. I personally think you might come out with some stuff people might not have seen before and that is half the battle, just do not get caught up in any attention you get if you do get it, it does not define who you are and does not matter at all. Be happy as you are and support here on this site as always if needed too!
edit on 20-9-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Whether it is your YT channel, your own website or another online presence elsewhere, you need to be a member in good standing and receive the permission of an Owner.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Twitch is way better these days, and if you have a youtube channel maybe you can make announcements there and say "link to the full stream on the description" and then link the Twitch full video

Youtube is useless, they only support people who already made it way back and have like 10000000 followers or are big companies that can generate lots of cash daily, everyone else is ignored

You can also have Insta for the same announcements and post cools pics here and there to grab attention to your twitch

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Even so I recommend them based upon the way YT treated you in the past. Also, you get to basically tell YT to take a hike.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I started my YouTube channel in 2015 as part of a political lobbying campaign.

All of the material on it is from various news sources and documentaries, but all come with disclaimers about fair use and news reporting. I believe I've only had one or two videos removed for copyright violation.

To date I have 3.76K subscribers and a total of 934,893 views, with the most popular video racking-up 354K views alone.

I haven't uploaded since we won the campaign, so now the Channel just takes care of itself.

It's a library of information; I guess information doesn't stop being useful.

With respect to monetising a Channel, I see many people these days using Patreon.

They share a link to their Patreon accounts in the videos, video descriptions, and in the comments.

Patreon allows people to make donations to help with production costs, as an incentive to create good and better content, and for coffee (🤷🏻‍♂️).

I've never monetised my channel for a couple of reasons;

1) It's not my content, if I try to get paid for sharing it I lose my channel at best, or get sued at worst.

2) I didn't want to be seen making a single penny from the campaign I was engaged in, it would have completely undermined the message and I'd have been seen as a sell-out.

I've thought about starting another channel and creating my own content, maybe even try to make a few bucks out of it, but I know just how time consuming it all is.

Good luck, and more than anything else, have fun with it 🙂👍

🍻

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Whether it is your YT channel, your own website or another online presence elsewhere, you need to be a member in good standing and receive the permission of an Owner.

DTOM, I thank you for your prompt response on this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join