It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is Right About Women

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
a reply to: and14263

That's not a troll, that's supposition. Is Islam wrong about women?c

Islam suppresses women, denies them of their rights and in many cases goes even further. So in answer to your question, I personally believe “Islam is wrong about women”. Although I wouldn’t phrase it like that unleaded pushes to do so in a forum like this.
edit on 22-9-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

No, that wasn't my point really, but I can see how it came across that way.

Hmmmmm...I'm trying to think of how to frame it better. Perhaps I should have omitted the left/right element to my post. In retrospect, I guess that was kind of a jab. I suspect you know, as a conservative, I do try to be balanced. However, barbs do slip out sometimes.

And no, being tolerant hasn't changed, to be clear. However (and this is NOT a barb), the left is the furthest thing I can imagine from "tolerant". Tolerant as long as they get their way, the whole way, ALL the time. There is no compromise.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Did you know that Einstein's original title was the theory of Invariance? He wanted to call it that because the speed of light is invariant with respect to disparate reference frames. I don't know why he settled on Relativity. I think Invariance has a better ring to it. It better reflects the spirit of the theory.

I'd hate to think that the initialism of the Special Theory of Invariance would be a deciding factor. I mean who would want to be responsible for inflicting an STI on the science community.
edit on 22-9-2019 by Zelun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Interesting usage of the term. That's just how I mentally pictured it. Like a program.

I guess we could have a whole other discussion on this topic, which might be quite interesting! It's a shame we don't see more of what you suggest. I guess I'm curious why we don't(?). Though, I will say advertising revenue is certainly a suspect in the crime.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

We're getting off topic here, but "relativity" was chosen because of frames of reference.

And the Special Theory is about much more than just the constant nature of the speed of light, although that focal point does help explain some of the other concepts in the Special Theory.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I agree with you, but I don't understand your last sentence...

Although I wouldn’t phrase it like that unleaded pushes to do so in a forum like this.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, yes, in a way. A relationship is predicated upon mutual benefit. If a party acts in a manner contrary to that benefit it harms the relationship, and can be termed as violence. Say the husband forgets the anniversary, and as a result has to sleep on the couch. The husband failed an obligation, harming the relationship, and as restitution is withheld sex. The withholding of sex would be an example of psychological violence. A very effective one, I might add. It motivates him to come to the bargaining table and apologize, and probably "make up for it" with a conciliatory gesture, maybe flowers, or a guaranteed night out, or something like that. This is normal, healthy interpersonal communication. Do you disagree?

So “healthy interpersonal communication” is “psychological violence”
Are you serious, you are not the full quid are you

“Psychological violence is healthy interpersonal communication”
Should I break that down?

Make your own mind up, that’s insanity, absolutely ludicrous

What Is Psychological Violence?
In a first approximation, psychological violence may be defined as that sort of violence which involves psychological damage on the part of the agent who is being violated. You do have psychological violence, that is, any time that an agent voluntarily inflicts some psychological distress on an agent.
Psychological violence is compatible with physical violence or verbal violence. The damage done to a person that has been the victim of a sexual assault is not only the damage deriving from the physical injuries to her or his body; the psychological trauma the event may provoke is part and parcel of the violence perpetrated, which is a psychological sort of violence.

www.thoughtco.com...

“Psychological violence is healthy interpersonal communication”

Anything to justify your complete ignorance

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I agree with you, but I don't understand your last sentence...

Although I wouldn’t phrase it like that unleaded pushes to do so in a forum like this.

Haha sorry... writing on phone and getting kids ready to leave the house. Should have said “unless pushed to do so...”.

I wouldn’t use that sort of turn of phrase is all I meant.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I guess you have to be part of it to really appreciate it and I understand what you are saying. If I would go by the meme version of what we are being told is American society nowadays it is sharply devided into two camps.

I just can't understand how Americans can force themselfs into adopting this point of view. It's almost as if you want things to be this black and white so everybody can pick a side and fight it out in order to find sollutions.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sorry wrong thread for this 😆
edit on 22-9-2019 by CanadianMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Are Muslim women right about Islam?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: stosh64

Are Muslim women right about Islam?

That’s a good question.

Although maybe more realistic would be:

“Do Muslim women have as much choice as non-Muslim women” or maybe change “choice” for “rights”.

I find this point really interesting because one could easily use the argument that they are brainwashed into wanting to follow the masculine rule. But if you ask them they deny this... but if they’re brainwashed it cannot be proven from their answer alone.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Aren't all cultural norms and values a form of brainwashing?

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Haven't all religions been pretty #ty towards women, treating them as second class? Islam is probably the worst in modern times, but generally speaking religion has been filled with men who treat women as unequals.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Aren't all cultural norms and values a form of brainwashing?

Peace

Yes they are.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Haven't all religions been pretty #ty towards women, treating them as second class? Islam is probably the worst in modern times, but generally speaking religion has been filled with men who treat women as unequals.

Yes it’s a form of control. And as women are particularly strong and controlling they need limiting. Jewish women cannot divorce their husbands, only the male can initiate divorce.

Have to be careful criticising Judaism on this website though.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Muslims will Never Attain Alfa Male Status here on Planet Earth . They are Inherently Lacking in True Courage and Conviction in Forwarding Mans Civilization going into the Next Century and Beyond . Religion Truly is the Opiate of the Masses , it Will Never Rise above it's Own Self Imposed Ignorance .

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You do have psychological violence, that is, any time that an agent voluntarily inflicts some psychological distress on an agent.

I mean, did you even read your own reference? It's that reading comprehension again, it keeps biting you in the ass.

In my example an agent, the wife, voluntarily inflicts psychological distress on another agent, the husband. Do you feel that the scenario I described represents a healthy relationship? I think most would.

You wanna try again?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Putting up signs is free speech. so is taking them down.

True. I'd go further by saying "obscuring traffic signs is vandalism."

Vandalism is a serious crime. Do you even know who the Vandals were? Well, let me tell you, the were bad hombres. I'd encourage everyone to stop this Vandal threat before it gets out of hand! I swear if I get a parking ticket because I couldn't see the posted hours, I'm going to take these pictures I took of the sign and show it to the traffic court. That way it's on the public record. These rotten, incel, spoiled, rotten, incel, terrorist, white, bread, whitebread, milquetoast, rotten, little agitators. Agitators! Duke! Right?! David Duke!(did I do that right?) David Duke probably PAID them in Coinpieces! And Alex Jones uses his PeRsOnAl LaSeRpRiNtEr to make this filthy filth.

[stroke commences]

Huh, don't go all spactic, someone just taped a bunch of signs on some poles. Maybe you need to go out and have a drink or something to chill out.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Exactly. This is just a coping mechanism for the cognitive dissonance they have. Pretend you don't care either way and suddenly your dissonance disappears. The truth is, islam is wrong about women. Anyone who values and loves women can admit that and not care a single iota that they're offending islamists. But when your ideology dictates that if you don't agree with islam, you're islamophobic, you can't admit that very basic and simple principle.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join