It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is Right About Women

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

Not even close to a valid illustration. Try again.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Would there have been a bigger furore if the sign said " Islam is wrong about women"????
I can bet your bottom dollar that if this was in a Muslim area there would be volcanic eruptions.
As for the sign, I don't want any faith pushed at me in any way whatsoever. And just because I disagree with the sign is no reason to belittle my thoughts on it.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
People who falk for religion deserve it

The religion of peace loves women!

So do Christians.. Especially in the firs covenant! 😂

The vast majority of Christians of all denominations do not believe in this. You might be able to find a crazy group here and there.

But Islam is legion.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: stosh64

So I guess this is just the latest right-wing circle jerk to go viral then?

Guess ya'll post away ranting on about how the "left" are melting down over this. Meanwhile no one else actually gives a s#... cause it was just a random sign in some random place that doesn't actually make much sense to begin with.

This post screams "I do give a s#".

Downplay and minimize. Check.

I'll help you.

Remember Women's suffrage? A HUGE win for women's rights. Islam is a massive step back from that. And if you support Islam, well, you get the idea. Maybe.

Women’s Suffrage didn’t win women their rights,women’s suffrage made women look like a bunch of loons
It was mother’s, sisters and daughters who reasoned with the men in their lives who influenced change, suffrage movement probably held back women getting the vote

Men gave women the vote by electing leaders who supported change

This stupid tacky little sign just posted on a street sign just may get men and women thinking and talking reasonably and start some change

But you did understand my point, yes? If so, this post was redundant.

And I doubt it will get any hard line leftists to stop and think. In fact, I bet it will make them double down, as if trying to make Islam seem good and wholesome through sheer force of will (then a little fart squeaks out).

It was detrimental to gaining women the vote in my opinion

I'm curious about your views on this.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander
One cannot simultaneously defend Islam (labeling those who speak out against it as 'Islamophobic') AND promote feminism or women's rights (labeling those who speak out against it as 'misogynistic').

This is the most hysterical demonstration of that fact I've ever seen. If you didn't laugh out loud while watching the videos in the OP, you've been programmed by the MSM and PC culture to the point that you're basically beyond repair.

We'll just have to hope that you are wrong...

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Putting up signs is free speech. so is taking them down.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Perhaps you may have a point, for those whom believe that 'might makes right', as you seem to suggest you do.
How does that relate to the OP of "Islam is right about women" ?

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: stosh64

So I guess this is just the latest right-wing circle jerk to go viral then?

Guess ya'll post away ranting on about how the "left" are melting down over this. Meanwhile no one else actually gives a s#... cause it was just a random sign in some random place that doesn't actually make much sense to begin with.

This post screams "I do give a s#".

Downplay and minimize. Check.

I'll help you.

Remember Women's suffrage? A HUGE win for women's rights. Islam is a massive step back from that. And if you support Islam, well, you get the idea. Maybe.

Women’s Suffrage didn’t win women their rights,women’s suffrage made women look like a bunch of loons
It was mother’s, sisters and daughters who reasoned with the men in their lives who influenced change, suffrage movement probably held back women getting the vote

Men gave women the vote by electing leaders who supported change

This stupid tacky little sign just posted on a street sign just may get men and women thinking and talking reasonably and start some change

But you did understand my point, yes? If so, this post was redundant.

And I doubt it will get any hard line leftists to stop and think. In fact, I bet it will make them double down, as if trying to make Islam seem good and wholesome through sheer force of will (then a little fart squeaks out).

It was detrimental to gaining women the vote in my opinion

I'm curious about your views on this.

Millions of pages have been written

johndclare.net...

higherhistory.weebly.com...

Women in the West were encouraged by males to seek the vote, not so in Muslim countries

Christianity teaches women are equal, not in most other religions

On the shoulders of giants

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what 'Christianity' says it believes in. That just like empty corporate 'mission statements' .

Do the leaders not keep their woman servants in black, or grey modest dresses, with their hair covered ?
You know: 'Nuns' ?

Pope Acknowledges Nuns Were Sexually Abused by Priests and Bishops

The Vatican editor who exposed the sexual abuse of nuns – and took on the Pope

After she quit:

“We are throwing in the towel,” she told the pope. “Because we feel surrounded by an atmosphere of distrust and progressive delegitimisation.” The “we” was the 11-strong editorial team, all but two of whom quit on the same day, accusing the church elders of attempting to gag them. “A vital initiative has been reduced to silence and there has been a return to the antiquated and arid custom of choosing women considered trustworthy from on high, under the direct control of men.”

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
a reply to: Raggedyman

There's another saying over here:

"Give them the rope to hang themselves with..."

Yeah well we don’t all want to see people fail
Some of us would like to encourage people to move forward without rope and hangings

Educate people to try and get along without the violence that is perpetrated on women victims by sharia law
But I guess you would prefer to see men go to war and die for your victim status

You call war while staying at home doing nothing, big of you.
Every battle you listed was fought by men and women stayed at home

Think before speaking

You just can't help yourself, can you? I think you should take a little of your own advice. Or at least make an attempt. What's the meaning of the phrase you quoted me quoting, in your understanding?

Diplomacy is fine, but it only works when backed up by violence, or the threat of violence. That could be physical, economic, social, psychological, or probably other forms, but violence nonetheless. The pen may be mightier than the sword, but only when you've still got the sword for backup.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Did you read my second one? I thought that one was pretty good.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: odzeandennz
People who falk for religion deserve it

The religion of peace loves women!

So do Christians.. Especially in the firs covenant! 😂

The vast majority of Christians of all denominations do not believe in this. You might be able to find a crazy group here and there.

But Islam is legion.

Just like lefties eh....

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

If I didn't answer that question fully enough for your liking in the last two paragraphs, let me know, but please clarify your question.

My assertion is that strength is a virtue and not something to be ashamed of, not that 'might makes right.' Diplomacy doesn't work without violence, or the threat of violence, and violence isn't restricted to physical violence, it could be economic, psychological, social, etc... Violence nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

If I didn't answer that question fully enough for your liking in the last two paragraphs, let me know, but please clarify your question.

My assertion is that strength is a virtue and not something to be ashamed of, not that 'might makes right.' Diplomacy doesn't work without violence, or the threat of violence, and violence isn't restricted to physical violence, it could be economic, psychological, social, etc... Violence nonetheless.

Do you treat your relationships in the same way ?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Do you treat your relationships in the same way ?

Staggering isn’t it, in the same society, between husbands and wives, mothers and sons and dads and daughters she thinks women have the intestinal fortitude and strength to harm their own kind, their loved ones

It’s unlike the civil war where the north fought the south, she is talking family members against family members and thinks that is normal
It’s insanity

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Seems so , reading the posts had me wondering if the members partner is compliant under the threat of violence, at least that's how it's coming accross.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I'll try, and forgive me if I'm being obtuse, I'm assuming your question is genuine.

The sign is a catch 22. If you agree with its message you are displaying misogyny, and if you disagree you are displaying Islamophobia. The example you supplied regarding white supremacists wouldn't be the same because everyone generally agrees that the opinions of white supremacists are to be ridiculed. That is not the case for Islam.

For one, there are far more Muslims than there are white supremacists. Second, for a Muslim to disagree with the statement that "Islam is right about women" would be, at best, Kithman, and at worst apostasy.

If you don't know, Kithman(or Kitman, or other transliterations) is a concept in Islam regarding when it is permitted to lie. In this case it is basically 'lying by omission,' in other words omitting the parts of quranic law that aren't in line with western values regarding women's rights. Another term could be Muruna, or 'blending in.'

Anyway, I think the issue the sign is meant to illustrate is logical faults in progressive, leftist thinking, while at the same time poking the bear that is Islam and its consistent defense against criticism being merely "Islamophobia." A phobia must be irrational, after all.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well, yes, in a way. A relationship is predicated upon mutual benefit. If a party acts in a manner contrary to that benefit it harms the relationship, and can be termed as violence. Say the husband forgets the anniversary, and as a result has to sleep on the couch. The husband failed an obligation, harming the relationship, and as restitution is withheld sex. The withholding of sex would be an example of psychological violence. A very effective one, I might add. It motivates him to come to the bargaining table and apologize, and probably "make up for it" with a conciliatory gesture, maybe flowers, or a guaranteed night out, or something like that. This is normal, healthy interpersonal communication. Do you disagree?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Not with that i don't disagree, we all have a tug of war in way or another I guess . I was curious because the way some of your posts were written or at least how I understood it gave me a sense of something more like, wash the dishes or I'll stab you in your sleep kind vibe to it.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I didn't mean to give that impression. I often write in a hyperbolic fashion, especially in the mud pit. It's cathartic. Anything specific you could reference? Maybe I could clear up what I was trying to say.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join