It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is Right About Women

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Have you ever seen the movie M.A.S.H.? Not the TV show, the movie with Donald Sutherland and Elliott Gould. Are you aware of the racial epithet to which I refer? It's not a good look.

If you haven't, you should, it's an awesome movie. But trust me when I say you don't want to prepend any weapon to the agent noun chucker. It is an inevitable callback to really awful things in our history.

How is it that Sabre explained his name and you are still playing victim
Get over yourself

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

If you want to get down to it, this entire matrix is based on a patriarchial hierarchy. Religion is part of this template. Women haven't experienced equality in this planet prob since the fall of Atlantis. I wouldn't put the blame solely on men, though. All of humanity has been indoctrinated and brainwashed through consistent traumatization and fear--induced into a trance like state.. so that we become willing slaves to the system

edit on 24-9-2019 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Sorry where did lutherans murder millions of Catholics
I don’t think you have a clue what you are talking about, just trying to sound intelligent about a subject you know little about, know NOTHING about

As for women and Lutherans, yes they got it wrong, but it was a cultural thing back then.
Most societies got it wrong.
No doubt your society never got it wrong and you are perfect, cos you sound like you are perfect

As for enslaving women, what, you are in over your head, you are acting a clown or legitametky are a clown who know nothing

Dumb is dumb
I doubt you even know what a Lutheran is

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Haven't had a single meltdown yet, don't plan on it. Life's too good right now.

Yep, couldn't agree more - did you thank President Trump by donating to his re-election campaign yet?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

A subject I know nothing about yet studied it in school because religious sectarianism has shaped Europe for a very long time
and most likely it is taught in every school in the UK and likely Europe.

If I remember correctly you said you were a Lutheran ?
and you are obviously ignorant of your own particular brand of faith's history and its foundations in Europe.

the Lutheran reformation that started the 30 years war and saw the deaths of over 8 million Europeans or am I just making that up to sound intelligent ?

Oh yeh I remember the last time I told you about the 30 years war and the continuation of religious sectarianism in Europe right up to the troubles in Ireland and still to this day , sectarian attacks happen.

I remember I stopped replying to you because you had proven yourself a bigot
I should have stuck to my guns

edit on 25-9-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

If you want to get down to it, this entire matrix is based on a patriarchial hierarchy. Religion is part of this template. Women haven't experienced equality in this planet prob since the fall of Atlantis. I wouldn't put the blame solely on men, though. All of humanity has been indoctrinated and brainwashed through consistent traumatization and fear--induced into a trance like state.. so that we become willing slaves to the system

Not men , but god !

monotheism is the the reason why women were made second class citizens under an all male deity !

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

A subject I know nothing about yet studied it in school because religious sectarianism has shaped Europe for a very long time
and most likely it is taught in every school in the UK and likely Europe.

If I remember correctly you said you were a Lutheran ?
and you are obviously ignorant of your own particular brand of faith's history and its foundations in Europe.

the Lutheran reformation that started the 30 years war and saw the deaths of over 8 million Europeans or am I just making that up to sound intelligent ?

Oh yeh I remember the last time I told you about the 30 years war and the continuation of religious sectarianism in Europe right up to the troubles in Ireland and still to this day , sectarian attacks happen.

I remember I stopped replying to you because you had proven yourself a bigot
I should have stuck to my guns

You should go back to school
Sectarianism is not just Lutheran, I note the fact you offered no links to justify anything you said, Catholics fought Catholics and France a catholic nation at the time supported the protest..what’s the point, you won’t listen

Millions died yes, but it was as much a political conflict as opposed to just a Lutheran conflict

And no, I am no Lutheran

I thought you stopped replying because you kept saying silly stuff, deja vu

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Yeah the world is messed up.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Oh right so you didn't bother to look it up the last time I replied to you and told you about the 30 years war which was started by Martin Luther and the reformation of the church in Europe and the link I provided to it ?

Is it because those facts were in direct opposition to your own opinions.

I see you are choosing to ignore the fact I specifically mentioned that the reformation was started by Martin Luther in Europe and as such started the 30 years war and was a war of religious sectarianism between Protestant and Catholics , but yeh just ignore that fact and state that I was speaking generally about sectarianism.
The war itself was started on purely religious grounds and only after engulfing all of Europe did it move into the political realm.

Anyway please do tell me more about reformation in Britain I am a little bit sketchy on a subject I studied through my entire academic career in school , my Scottish history is a little bit lacking , I mean I've only lived here my entire life.

well you may not be a Lutheran but you are certainly a bigot as proven by yourself , that is the reason I stopped replying to you!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
word to the mother !

aye the world certainly is a very messed up place .

people killing each other over things which are based entirely on belief

seems mad to me , but who am I to judge, if people want to kill each other over beliefs then let them.

doesn't seem very pious to me, considering the commandments etc

whats that one "thou shall not kill"

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

you want to know how deeply the religious sectarian divide is in the Uk

it was only in 2013 that the UK government repealed the Royal Marriages Act 1772 , which among other things prevented a catholic from taking the throne of Great Britain and northern Ireland.

this was likely a result of the uprisings of the Jacobites in 1715 and 1746

This goes all the way back to King Henry the VIII, Mary Queen of Scots , king James the 1st of Scotland and England ( you may have heard of King James the VI and I ) and then Bonnie Prince charlie.

all pretty much to do with Christian sectarianism , between protestant Christians and Catholics Christians and in house differences between the holy roman empire and sovereign kingdoms.

it has basically divided great Britain and Ireland for nearly 500 years longer than many countries have existed for today including America
and still exists today , and could easily kick off again if this backstop and hard border deal with the EU gets messed with in Ireland.

Funny thing , as a result of the jacobites , the black watch were formed from highland clans to stop any further uprisings and bring the clans into the fold of the british army system, and then shipped to the colonies and used in the defense of the British empire in the American war for independence.

If you want me to give you links to Scottish government papers on sectarianism I will , but its not hard to look since it is still a very complex subject in the UK and Ireland , so there is plenty information available.

Anyway I realise that even bigots deserve a second chance , so I wont ignore you or pass remarks about your person (not that I would but anyways)
so you can just agree that we have different view points.

However these are well known and documented historical facts.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The reformation was started by Luther not the war, that’s silly and ignorant to say Luther started the war
Prove Luther stated the 30 year war.
Not all protestants are Lutheran, that’s ignorant
You are talking rubbish

I have never denied sectarian violence, I am constantly criticising the Christian church, check my posting history about my opinion on the Christian church

Again, you are talking silly nonsense

I am bigoted, against stupidity and ignorance
Blaming Luther on a war, all he did was start a reformation
Questioned a church but evidently you don’t believe in questioning a church?

I have an Ana Baptist theology, my money is yours is Catholic

Luther died in 1546, the 30 year war started in 1618 so clearly Luther started the war from the grave, obviously, magic, his skull was talking to people saying go to war
Luther in my opinion made a few mistakes but starting a war, from the grave, all by himself, ludicrous
edit on 25-9-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

So I'm not about to start dictating to people whats best for them.

I thank you for your very progressive views on gun control.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

right that's like saying the assassination of archduke franz ferdinand didnt start world war 1

its cause and effect

Lutheran reformation was the spark for the events that then took place in europe and started not only the 30 years war but spread christian reformation across the whole of Europe and onto Great Britain

I think you will find its not my opinion but historical fact as documented by Historians

origins of the war

Origins of the War,

The Peace of Augsburg (1555), signed by Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, confirmed the result of the Diet of Speyer (1526), ending the war between German Lutherans and Catholics, and establishing that:[17]

Rulers of the 224 German states could choose the religion (Lutheranism or Catholicism) of their realms.

Subjects had to follow that decision or emigrate (the principle of cuius regio, eius religio).

Prince-bishoprics and other states ruled by Catholic clergy were excluded and should remain Catholic. Prince-bishops who converted to Lutheranism were required to give up their territories (the principle called reservatum ecclesiasticum). Lutherans could keep the territory they had taken from the Catholic Church since the Peace of Passau in 1552.

You speak to me about ignorance , it seems it is you who has a hard time accepting facts

not a judgement just my observation

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

Hey man I agree its not all men , as a patriarchy also means men are under that patriarchy too

God ( I am god I am at the top , fear me mortal ) >
King >
Lord/Baron >
Knight >
male serfs ( I work to survive , and pay god and king taxes )
>Horse
>women

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

right that's like saying the assassination of archduke franz ferdinand didnt start world war 1

its cause and effect

Lutheran reformation was the spark for the events that then took place in europe and started not only the 30 years war but spread christian reformation across the whole of Europe and onto Great Britain

I think you will find its not my opinion but historical fact as documented by Historians

origins of the war

Origins of the War,

The Peace of Augsburg (1555), signed by Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, confirmed the result of the Diet of Speyer (1526), ending the war between German Lutherans and Catholics, and establishing that:[17]

Rulers of the 224 German states could choose the religion (Lutheranism or Catholicism) of their realms.

Subjects had to follow that decision or emigrate (the principle of cuius regio, eius religio).

Prince-bishoprics and other states ruled by Catholic clergy were excluded and should remain Catholic. Prince-bishops who converted to Lutheranism were required to give up their territories (the principle called reservatum ecclesiasticum). Lutherans could keep the territory they had taken from the Catholic Church since the Peace of Passau in 1552.

You speak to me about ignorance , it seems it is you who has a hard time accepting facts

not a judgement just my observation

Think you will find that the death a duke didn’t start any wars, much more was at play than one issue, obviously
History may be worth a look
www.youtube.com...

Well it must have been Jesus fault because He started Christianity, maybe the Apostle Paul, Augustine for starting the Catholic Church, Mary the mother of Christ for having a baby, let’s blame Caesar for being an Emperor of Rome, he had a hand in the Italians becoming dominant, maybe blame Adam and Eve, they started the mess.
No wait, let’s just blame Luther, he was dead so he must of started everything
That’s not dumb at all.

But I do see what you have done, you started by saying Luther now it’s Lutherans
Anything but the Catholics starting it by enforcing their beliefs and strong arm on people who wanted to break away

Maybe it was the Catholics who started it by enforcing their rule on others
Are you a Catholic?
Is that your issue?

Catholics have killed millions and oppressed the world, still do
Just as bad if not worse than protestants, can you admit that?

And again, it was Catholics supporting Catholics and Catholics fighting Catholics and Catholics supporting protestants, not just Lutheran protestants and it was all of Europe not just Germany
You have chosen a very small excerpt to justify your little corner of the argument and ignored all I have said, why?

edit on 26-9-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

dude what is it that you are failing to grasp

lutheranism is mentioned specifically 3 times in the first 4 paragraphs as to the origins of the war
in the extract I posted

You are blatantly disregarding facts , because they don't suit your beliefs.

Is it possible jesus is to blame, probably who knows , if he existed maybe.
Emperor constantine could be to blame , but does it really matter when all of the worlds religions are just watered down versions of pagan religion?
Shall we just blame Ahura Mazda and be done with it ?

once Again I am not religious if I was I likely wouldn't be blaming monotheism for the mistreatment of women would I ?

anyway we are discussing the 30 years war not the genocides of Catholicism across the globe.

you obviously are just skim reading my posts then your brain starts working and before you finish reading and comprehend what I've written you post what you want to say.

Did you not read the huge post a couple back about the ongoing sectarian violence in Britain between Catholics and protestants ? Is that not an admission of itself that protestants and Catholics are both religious sects who are prone to violence and murder.

see when you are willing to play by the rules and have a reasonable discussion with me ill take you seriously.
But you just keep ignoring the facts because it doesn't suit your own opinions.

I am not against talking to you but only if you are going to at least give me the courtesy of reading my posts and taking in what I am trying to convey to you.

or just call it quits and we go back to radio silence, i'm easy pleased

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Dude

From your link
“Initially a war between various Protestant and Catholic states in the fragmented Holy Roman Empire, it gradually developed into a more general conflict involving most of the European great powers.”
Are you familiar with the word various?
Dude this
“The war was preceded by the election of the new Hapsburg Holy Roman Emperor, Ferdinand II, who tried to impose religious uniformity on his domains, forcing Roman Catholicism on its peoples.”

YOUR LINK
Dude this
“Ferdinand's policies were considered strongly pro-Catholic and anti-Protestant.

These events caused widespread fears throughout northern and central Europe, and triggered the Protestant Bohemians living in the then relatively loose dominion of Habsburg Austria (and also with the Holy Roman Empire) to revolt against their nominal ruler, Ferdinand II. “

Dude your link
“The rulers of the nations neighboring the Holy Roman Empire also contributed to the outbreak of the Thirty Years' War:

Spain was interested in the German states because it held the territories of the Spanish Netherlands in the western part of the Empire and states within Italy that were connected by land through the Spanish Road. The Dutch revolted against Spanish domination during the 1560s, leading to a protracted war of independence that led to a truce only in 1609.
France was nearly surrounded by territory controlled by the two Habsburg states—Spain and the Holy Roman Empire—and, feeling threatened, was eager to exert its power against the weaker German states. This dynastic concern overtook religious ones and led to Catholic France's participation on the otherwise Protestant side of the war.
Sweden and Denmark-Norway were interested in gaining control over northern German states bordering the Baltic Sea.“

But tell me again how educated you are and what you learned in primary school and how clever you are, at denying what doesn’t support your views

World war 1 was based on an assassin killing the arch duke, yeah right!
That’s as dumb as saying the trigger kills a person, not the gun, bullet or person with the gun pulling the trigger.

You ignore what doesn’t support your argument

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You are right, I am skimming your posts, they are dumb and childish and repeat and ignore what I said

Please don’t talk to me, I don’t want to have to keep educating you about simple history

Blame Mazda, Subaru or Toyota, blame Luther from the grave, do as you wish, you are still wrong

I want to convey this to you
Luther didn’t start the 30 year war, he was dead
I accept and understand sectarian violence and don’t deny sectarian violence, never have, why keep going on as if I deny sectarian violence when I have agreed with the fact that there is sectarian violence many times in the past
It’s not a point you need to prove, I already know and have agreed with many before you about sectarian violence
Your point about sectarian violence to me is mute
Why go on about it
Why?

Ok, got it, walk away

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I want to convey this to you , it is well documented that Lutheran reformation started the 30 years war
you are of course arguing against historical fact, and not my opinion.

so once again you show your intolerance to facts that don't agree with your own opinion on the matter

you are also intolerant of anyone who has a different opinion than your own

and therefore you are 100% a bigot

and its back to radio silence from me

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join