It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics Have Provided No Proof To Support Their Belief That Aliens Are Not Visiting Us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Skepticism can work both ways.
And so far these self important skeptics have failed to present any hard, irrefutable evidence that would prove beyond a doubt that aliens aren't visiting us. And until these skeptics provide the proof necessary to support their unsubstantiated beliefs they will remain just that....beliefs.
And quite frankly, we "believers" as the skeptics so dismissively refer to us as, have much more evidence that aliens are here than skeptics have that they are not.
edit on 9/20/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Can you prove a negative?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

edit on 9/20/2019 by MissSmartypants because: R Edit

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Skeptics certainly have not availed themselves of all the evidence, and their denial of aliens is not at all believable, but I have to side with them on this one. They don't have to prove anything. The onus is upon believers to do the proving. Sorry, but that's how it works.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Can you prove a negative?
My point exactly. And with no proof these skeptics have only their beliefs to go on. It's basically 'I've never seen an alien visiting us so therefore they aren't.'
edit on 9/20/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Skeptics certainly have not availed themselves of all the evidence, and their denial of aliens is not at all believable, but I have to side with them on this one. They don't have to prove anything. The onus is upon believers to do the proving. Sorry, but that's how it works.
As Michio Kaku stated recently...at this point it's up to the government to prove they aren't aliens. It's just gotten a little too real around here.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You GO GIRL!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There is no onus on anything. Believe what you want. I'm telling you THEY ARE HERE. If you do not want to believe it, don't.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
You GO GIRL!
Yeah, that'll teach them not to mess with the smartypants.
Well, actually it won't....sigh.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
How could skeptics present any hard, irrefutable evidence that would prove beyond a doubt that aliens aren't visiting us, when there is no hard, irrefutable evidence that "aliens" are visiting us?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

There is no onus on anything. Believe what you want. I'm telling you THEY ARE HERE. If you do not want to believe it, don't.
Yes. They are here. And that should be the starting point of any intelligent discussion on the matter.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, if a skeptic makes a claim that "that UFO is nothing but an old percolator top hanging from a string," it should be up to them to provide a photo and a make and model of the old percolator that specifically matches it. But that's somebody claiming something specific. If they fail to find the exact percolator that matches, all they've done is lob the ball back into the court of the claimant to prove it's "alien" or whatever, rather than simply unidentified. Proof is the responsibility of the claimant.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Skepticism can work both ways.
And so far these self important skeptics have failed to present any hard, irrefutable evidence that would prove beyond a doubt that aliens aren't visiting us. And until these skeptics provide the proof necessary to support their unsubstantiated beliefs they will remain just that....beliefs.
And quite frankly, we "believers" as the skeptics so dismissively refer to us as, have much more evidence that aliens are here than skeptics have that they are not.

By your comments you have no concept of how common sense works. It is not up to skeptics to provide proof for those making claims; it's up to the claimant to provide the evidence and then we skeptics examine it for veracity. You're making the claim or alluding to that aliens are visiting us. So it's up to you to provide the irrefutable evidence. Otherwise you are just blowing smoke/hot air. You, as a gullible believer, have nothing to support your erroneous thinking. Prove me wrong.

Read Schuyler's surprisingly positive comments above. Nah, I'll paste them here:

I don't agree with the first, incorrect, sentence but I certainly agree with the rest. That's how reality works. Join us!

edit on 20-9-2019 by Hunkadinka because: Add material.

edit on 20-9-2019 by Hunkadinka because: Add material.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I went in my backyard just now and saw a hobbit running around.
Believe what you want.
I'm telling you THEY ARE HERE. If you do not want to believe it, don't.

What is the difference between what I just said and what you just said?
edit on 20-9-2019 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You are describing religion not science. Which is what this whole field is quickly becoming.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You know it's funny. Over the years I've spoken to quite a few of the skeptics, here and elsewhere and without a single exception I can assure you that they, more than most, desperately want to find that bit of evidence that is irrefutable and pristine.

Day in and day out some of these folks invest an unbelievable amount of time and personal expense toward analyzing pictures and videos to exclude the hoaxes and false positives.

They do this with the same passion for the subject that the folks who just come here and read probably have.

Sadly their work often is not only unappreciated, but actually used as grounds for insult.

Yeah... Some folks to simply pop in and say "Not real losers lulz" just as some others will argue that proven hoaxes are real.

Taking this sort of adversarial position on a topic that has no known definite answer helps neither side.
edit on 9/20/19 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

And so far these self important skeptics have failed to present any hard, irrefutable evidence that would prove beyond a doubt that aliens aren't visiting us.

Can you provide irrefutable evidence that monkeys will not fly out of your butt?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
As Michio Kaku stated recently...at this point it's up to the government to prove they aren't aliens. It's just gotten a little too real around here.

You quote Michio Kaku? You don't speak his language, no one does except those in his academic milieu. Being a physicist only gives you a foreign language to the rest of us. He doesn't know anything to allow him to voice what he has no idea of. I find him boring and as I told him a few years back "I have no idea what you're talking talking about but it sounds good"! He had a good laugh. He's not a quotable source about UFOlogy. The government(s) don't have to prove anything because, mainly, they don't know anything.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

And everyone is supposed to take you on your word ?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
How could skeptics present any hard, irrefutable evidence that would prove beyond a doubt that aliens aren't visiting us, when there is no hard, irrefutable evidence that "aliens" are visiting us?

As I said...there is much more evidence that aliens are visiting us than evidence that they are not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join