It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SA Halves Oil - Hits $100 a Barrel - Month After US Expands Bases & Troops There

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
www.upi.com...

A swarm of drones supposedly 'crippled' Saudi oil just a month after US expanded its bases and troops in SA.

While just days ago many experts doubted crude oil would ever hit $100/barrel, it already has.

How convenient. More doom and gloom, this time all because of Iran. Tsk tsk, what to do?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oil is around $60 +- $2

Last week it was about $5 less

😎 🤓

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

Just gonna...uh...leave this here...

A pertinent thing

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
oilprice.com...

Meanwhile Bloomberg seeds predictive programming:

www.bloomberg.com...

Further Attacks Could See Oil Above $100

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

I can only assume after your post which followed mine which was not responded to that you must not have seen mine in the sea of replies you got. So...

Again just for you tulsi

Any part of that kind of make your OP moot?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
seriously?

how do fixed market forecast sites take into consideration SA suddenly halved output??

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Nah...Brent is unchanged....buy Gold....a little

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I thought about doing a thread on the 1979 oil Panic .

Because the potential disruption from the Iranian attack was about the same amount as when production fell because of the Iranian revolution ( 7% ) .

Apparently the world learned a lesson from that incident because this time we didn’t overreact .

So I decided not to panic either . Lol

Don’t panic but keep your towel nearby

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't know what the deal is, but the whole thing stinks. The news releases seem deliberate and controlled, the attacks were super precise, etc. It just stinks of mic wanting to fabricate a war with Iran.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I lost a # ton of money on oil this week cause I took out options and was working a ticket when the SA "well be back online" (but not really) news article came out and killed my call options trades

I made about half of it back today but #

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Because the potential disruption from the Iranian attack was about the same amount as when production fell because of the Iranian revolution ( 7% ) .

Apparently the world learned a lesson from that incident because this time we didn’t overreact .

Uhhh
The 1979 gas panic was caused by Jimmy Carter removing the ceiling on Federal Gas Taxes , removing pricing regulations at State and Local levels , etc.
Only affected Cali for the most part.
The major reason for gas prices today.
And I was there .
Buying gas.
Peace out

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I lost a # ton of money on oil this week cause I took out options and was working a ticket when the SA "well be back online" (but not really) news article came out and killed my call options trades

I made about half of it back today but #

You should have probably asked me about that, since I take a few meetings with some rather huge oil companies once a month.

Oil will never go above $70 again in the next 30 years unless one of two things happen....

1./ Saudi Arabia, Russia and Canada stop producing oil all at once.

2./ America stops producing oil.

The only way #2 is going to happen is if the Democrats again gain power and throttle the oil industry here to death by over regulation.

Or we get a Carington event or something... then it won't matter.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Uhhh
The 1979 gas panic was caused by Jimmy Carter removing the ceiling on Federal Gas Taxes , removing pricing regulations at State and Local levels , etc.
Only affected Cali for the most part.
The major reason for gas prices today.
And I was there .
Buying gas.
Peace out

I don't know what the REAL reason was for the 70's oil crisis but it wasn't Carter. I wasn't in CA at the time and there were tons of lines for gas and prices had skyrocketed. And the supposed oil shortage began before Carter was POTUS. I recall specifically in 1973 waiting in line for gasoline. Nixon was the POTUS at that time. The gas prices have had their ups and downs through the years since the early 70's.

I know I know, Wiki. Nevertheless:

The 1973 oil crisis began in October 1973 when the members of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries proclaimed an oil embargo. ... By the end of the embargo in March 1974, the price of oil had risen nearly 400%, from US$3 per barrel to nearly $12 globally; US prices were significantly higher.

edit on 20-9-2019 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi
www.upi.com...

A swarm of drones supposedly 'crippled' Saudi oil just a month after US expanded its bases and troops in SA.

While just days ago many experts doubted crude oil would ever hit $100/barrel, it already has.

How convenient. More doom and gloom, this time all because of Iran. Tsk tsk, what to do?

Not quite sure where you got your information from...

If crude oil hit $100 a gallon and stayed there for a year I'd be a multi-millionaire in a year.

It's under $65 a barrel where I work.

You know... in the oil field.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Maybe CA was worse than other states? In Illinois, there were long lines at the pumps, and people were trying to steal other people's gas. Twice, my dad had to run out of the house with a baseball bat to chase siphoners away. I know it was much the same in a lot of other states, as I've heard similar stories from friends in OH, WI, IN, PA, NY & NJ.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

How about this ?

The Jimmy Carter administration began a phased deregulation of oil prices on April 5, 1979,

1979 Oil Crisis

The "Iranian Revolution" was an attempt at cover....
Didnt help when Jimmy tried to buy the hostages freedom with Billy's Beer either .
Which led states like Cali into a further state of panic.
Yet , it had already began.
Carter , like his beloved U.N. , seemed to never get it right....

edit on 9/20/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/20/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: Gothmog

Maybe CA was worse than other states? In Illinois, there were long lines at the pumps, and people were trying to steal other people's gas. Twice, my dad had to run out of the house with a baseball bat to chase siphoners away. I know it was much the same in a lot of other states, as I've heard similar stories from friends in OH, WI, IN, PA, NY & NJ.

My older brother started driving around 1974. I remember back then, he and his buddies would go out and siphon gas for their cars. I can also remember the long gas lines (Metro Detroit) and a bunch of other crap from the 70s recession days.

I didn't start driving until 1981 and for some reason I never made the connection on why my brother would siphon gas, I just thought he was a punk with a muscle car that would do illegal stuff for the hell of it.
edit on 21-9-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Oil is around $60 +- $2

😎 🤓

Bots don't care about your facts!

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: xuenchen
Oil is around $60 +- $2

😎 🤓

Bots don't care about your facts!

For anybody interested in following oil prices...😀

Oil Quotes

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Most analysts responding to the Saudi sabotage, are saying $20 increase per week of shortage.

And that price increases can go into the triple digits if Saudi is sabotaged again or does not restore production.

What's the likelyhood globalists will use SA as a proxy yet again?

new topics

top topics

join