It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Homeland Security strategy adds white supremacy to list of threats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

For the first time since it was formed after the 9/11 attacks, the Department of Homeland Security is adding white supremacist violence to its list of priority threats in a revised counterterrorism strategy issued Friday.

"The continuing menace of racially based violent extremism, particularly white supremacist extremism, is an abhorrent affront to our nation, the struggle and unity of its diverse population, and the core values of both our society and our department," said Kevin McAleenan, the acting Homeland secretary, in a speech at the Brookings Institute in Washington.

Source

For years now a large portion of ATS has been emphatic that white supremacy does not present an actual threat to this country.

I guess there's only one thing to say to those people now.

Womp womp!

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah, but when leftists are busy calling Jew's Nazis and black women white supremacists, things get a bit confusing. I have to wonder how this will be enforced in the age of woke bull#.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Um... why is this news?
From 2007 Homeland Security annual national strategy report: www.dhs.gov...
Page 10:

The terrorist threat to the Homeland is not restricted to violent Islamic extremist groups. We
also confront an ongoing threat posed by domestic terrorists based and operating strictly within
the United States. Often referred to as “single-issue” groups, they include white supremacist
groups, animal rights extremists, and eco-terrorist groups, among others.

Anyone who thinks this is a change in DHS strategy or a new thing, I guess there's only one thing to say to you now:
Womp womp!
:rolleyes:

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Bring it up with the Trump administration. They don't identify Left Wing extremism as an issue but they do view white supremacy as one.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They are probably talking about all of the white supremacists that make up Antifa. You know, the ones who call black people derogatory names for not following group think.

edit on 20-9-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

(post by Lysergic removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm curious have you ever seen what would be considered a white supremacists? Like an actual robe toting cross burning member? Because I haven't...

We live in a nation of almost 500 million. 5 thousand of whom are actual self described white supremacists. Even if that is 1% that admit it you are talking about such a small minority that it barely represents a portion of the population.

But a short Jewish man plans to have a debate at Berkeley and the largely liberal student body proceeds torch the campus and deny his first amendment right while the campus authorities did nothing. But this isn't a problem...

Do please continue to tell us how the erosion of the fabric of our society is all attributed to a few thousand racist bigots and tiki torches.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

yeah and I'm pretty sure the FBI had them listed since the 60's. This perhaps represents a change in who is looking at them before but its nothing new.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's crazy how white supremacist went from white robes to black skinny jeans and black hoodies.

edit on 20-9-2019 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

yeah and I'm pretty sure the FBI had them listed since the 60's. This perhaps represents a change in who is looking at them before but its nothing new.

It's always been a fairly safe bet that, if an organization has any specific group of people or government policy which they deeply "hate" and they base their membership off of a shared hatred, then there are one or more federal agencies watching that organization's every move and internally considering them a threat.

I think the folks treating this like some new thing and claiming a victory because "the feds weren't looking at white supremecists as a threat before today" may be mistakenly thinking Homeland just redefined what a white supremecist is to bring it in line with the more hyperbolic far left definition of such. I'm not seeing any evidence of that anywhere. The old fart who moves to the street's other sidewalk when he sees black teens approaching on his original side and the lady who's deepest foray into political commentary has been saying "I didn't care for Obama because I disagreed with Obamacare" did not just find themselves targeted as racists by HLS. Most Americans, from both political spectra, find racial supremecy to be distasteful and when it accompanies calls for violence we find it criminal and we have for as long as I've been alive.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Remember when Napolitano put veterans that owned guns and had some dried food set aside for a rainy day on a list?

Just cause they slap you on a list doesn't mean you are about to bring back lynching's.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The evils of George Bush continue on...

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Authentic, militant, White Supremacists are a threat and as has been mentioned it's nothing new.

What is new is race baiting, the exact equivalent of racism and people labeling all conservatives as White Supremacists.

Hates an ugly thing whether you are a racist or a race baiter.

I think what you are referring to is the fact that White Supremacist groups are so tiny they have to gather members from the whole country to fill a small venue. That's just a fact.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

They may have realized the benefit of camo?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

There Is No Such THING as " White Supremacy " , it is a Complete MYTH .........................NEXT .

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yeah I agree this is not really anything new and I'm surprised people are either out of touch that its not news or simply ignoring earlier realities

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Look Out ! The White Supremacist Horse is Coming , Run For Your Lives !

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: projectvxn

Bring it up with the Trump administration. They don't identify Left Wing extremism as an issue but they do view white supremacy as one.

There have been calls to label antifa as a terrorist organisation, but there are too many 'woke' folk in positions of power who don't want to sully their own foot soldiers.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Blaine91555

Look Out ! The White Supremacist Horse is Coming , Run For Your Lives !

Ooooh a gif strawman. SO are you simply getting cute with semantics or in complete denial that these groups exist?

edit on 9/20/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I think this is news, not because white supremacists are on a list, but because the left ACCUSES everyone they disagree with, as such.

Hmmf.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join