It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romans;- Knowing and keeping the law

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Disraeli, you would do best to know that the reason for the translation from a the Roman Catholic Greek Text of the Vaticanus, the Siticanus, and others to change Gal 6:16 to one group. Was so the Roman Catholic could steal/hijack/apply to themselves the Promises of God of the Kingdom to Israel. So they could bring it is and rule over all the nations for a thousand years as the Bible says. The problem is Rome rules for over a 1,000 years and Christ never returned that was God's rebuke to that adulteress Roman church.
edit on 9/23/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I am not on a high horse I am pointing out what you said, what you did and by your fruits what you really believe. God can't keep his words, he lied when he said he would preserve them, and now it is left for idiot Scholars to change the word and correct it for God.

Does that sound like a God you or I should follow?

Think about it. If God can't keep what he said he will do, then we have no assurance of our salvation in Christ. If he is not strong enough to get it into our language today then he is not strong enough to bring us to heaven. and if he can't why should we be saved.

Of course I don't believe that of God. I believe he did preserve it into English using sinful men in the process. I believe his is Correct in preserving a little differently from Old to New Testaments, I believe all his words are true and pure as found stated in Psalm 119. I believe those who claim God didn't do it are liars and that God is true.

No horse to ride in the one pony race. You see Through Faith I believe on Christ, I believe God preserved his words and God has given my everlasting life.

Prayerfully consider what I have shown you by your own words, put away the books for one year, ask God to show you truths form his preserved words as found in the AV then come back and tell us if you will believe that Scholarship is needed to preserve God's words.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
DISRAELI, This is by inference of your words and actions, is what you believe concerning the correcting the Bible to make it say what it did not say.

You believe scholarship is mightier than God You believe scholars have more knowledge that God, You believe God lied when he said he would preserve his words to every generation.

Please repent of this thy sin.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
In your stubborn pride, you insist on believing that a man found a pearl in a field and went to hide himself.
As long as you can believe that, your verdict on my own handling of the word has no value.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Did I not speak truthfully that thou escheweth me?

No it is not pride, God forbid it is faith and truth that I stand behind.

You stand behind correcting God, is the lack of faith to believe he is able to preserve his words to us.

No you are in your stubborn pride, three fingers (metaphorically) pointing back to you don't forget.

As long as you believe God didn't keep his word to preserve his words your words should have no value to anyone and anyone who agrees with you are in the same boat you are.

You are no Mightier or stronger or smarter than God. But God gave us his word.

2Pet 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:19 ¶ We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
See there by His divine power he hath give us all things for life and godliness and that would include his word's. The holy Ghost is the one who gives his words to holy men and it is God who is interpreting those words as they were given to those men who penned the a whole and complete preserved word of God in the AV.

You have been shown the light of God's word.

Matt 6:22-23 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
If you want to be looked at as a scholar when it comes to God's words from men and you receive their accolades as you have in just about every thread you posted on the Bible. Then you cannot receive the praise that comes from God. for you cannot serve two masters your pride and his ministry of the word.

I only point this out so you can get right with God and his word, I rebuked you before and in ever instance you claim I am arrogant, prideful and a number of other nomenclatures. I show you own words do you not see the truth that you changed the word of God? Do you not have faith enough in the Living Word that God preserved his word, resurrecting it when per se through revelation and via the Holy Ghost? Can't you see you removed and added to the word of God making it say something it did not say? You violated his commands not to add or diminish it. If you had violated any other commandment would not you repent?

Stop arguing with me and go to God in deep prayer, humble yourself before his, for he loveth an humble and contrite heart, and though for a moment you despised his words as he preserved them, if you will humble yourself he will not despise you.

Ps 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
AMEN and AMEN!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In your stubborn pride, you insist on believing that a man found a pearl in a field and went to hide himself.
As long as you can believe that, your verdict on my own handling of the word has no value.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

BTW, you misunderstood what I said about the treasure in the field. If I misstated then let me correct it here. The pearl my friend was found by a man seeking for it among other pearls, not in a field. Now where to you go to get pearls? That's right the sea shore not a field. You are incorrect because the fact is no pearl is found in a field at best it was in the Marketplace. Now what scholar doesn't know that?

Again,

Matthew 13:44 the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
Keep the context of this.

1) the treasure is Israel
2) The Field is the World
3) The man is God (the son of God)
4) The buying is not only Christ purchasing Israel and the church but the world, the world in this sense is the land masses not the worldly system.

The meaning of the parable then is abundantly clear. Somewhere in the world is a remnant of believing Israel (Historically at the time of Jesus Ministry). God hides his face from Israel in that day (Duet 31:17). Now here is where English comes in handy. before I go further in context God was in every parable up until now, at this point it is Christ being the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Now notice the third person singular indicative in Matt 13:44 he hideth, you will also notice there is no OBJECT. You can't go backwards in English to get the meaning of the verb hideth. Now if it was a Noun like he, that is taken back to see who is doing the hiding, the man. So in the case of diagramming the sentence, he can either hide the treasure or hide himself if the AV English is correct, and it is.

Now when all the versions take away God's words and replace it with a change like you have and did, then they have the man hiding the treasure. But in the AV it is not so. It is assumed it is an error. But is it? Ask God.

Jesus Christ when he died it is he that is literally hid in the earth (world) for three days to purchase Israel, the church (thanks to Paul's teaching), and the world (the land not the system). Historically at the time of Christ ministry it was Israel, but for us today, as it was written in the AV, the man Christ Jesus who is buried and hid while he goes and purchases it with his own Blood.

Hallalujah! Oh the unsearchable riches of the Holy Bible as found in the Authorized Version.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
OK, I misremembered it as "pearl" instead of "treasure".
With that correction, I was quoting your own statement on this page of one of my threads.

You know what you didn't see in the AKJV of Matthew 13:44 is that the man hid himself, not the treasure.
Mt 13:44 ¶ Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

This was not a translation issue, as I pointed out at the time. The real issue was that you were reading the English of the AV incorrectly. You were getting out of the AV something which was not there. And I tried to explain to you the truth of the grammar of that sentence, but you were too proud to learn and you still are too proud to learn. That is our real problem here- the emotional intensity of your pride, which makes you unwilling to acknowledge your own errors, and drives you to attempt to impose them on other people.

I have teachers' blood in me, I'll make just one more attempt to explain the grammar. The verb "hide" DOES have an object. Treasure. "He finds a treasure which he hides" means that he does two things to the treasure- he finds it, and he hides it. If there was even an ounce in you of WILLINGNESS to learn, you could see it for yourself.
I recommend you to go back to that thread and have another go and reading what I was trying to explain the first time round.

Meanwhile, as long as you stubbbornly stick to a reading of English which makes no sense, your verdict on my own handling of the word can have no value.

P.S.

You can't go backwards in English to get the meaning of the verb hideth.

Yes you can! When there is a relative pronoun providing the link! As in "This is my wife, whom I love", "Here is a large book, which I have read". In the text we're discussing the relative pronoun is "the which", which is just the contemporary version of "which". Please, please try to understand, because the teacher in me is banging its head against the wall.

edit on 23-9-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You can't take the verb "hideth" and go back to what you want it to be and hook it to "WHICH", In the AV English the sentence is stated that way with no object in the sentence. It can only mean one of two things, it is 1) a statement or it is 2seeking to believe on god (see context). The man finds a treasure is the fullness of God physically, Jesus Christ. So what did God Hide in the field/world?

BTW, the two commas do not link your relative pronoun "which" to anything but "hideth" not the treasure, again there is no object mention with "he hideth" if there were not one scholar would change it. Why did they change it? Because they feel it is an error, they are smarter than God and they are preserving the "Original" they have never seen one day in their lives.

See your statement "reading of English which makes no sense", this shows your lack of understanding that the English is understandable. Like the earlier issue where an "And" is removes along with other words and then replaced with Scholarship's best guesses.

The reason it best fits a statement, is that it is not speaking of any man who is getting saved. But rather the God man who is going to save (see previous meaning above). It has to do with God going to save man, that is how you get into the kingdom of Heaven. If we deductively make the man a believer then we have to change the text because as you say the English makes no sense. So what everyone does is to assume or come to the text with a pretext and that violates the deductive rule of interpretation.

Please Please just go into deep and truthful prayer with God and really ask him. He did say he would preserve his words so where are they? Not in a plethora of scholarly versions I can reassure you.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Disraeli, do yourself a favor. forget anything I said and just prayerfully look at what you said originally about Gal 6:16, that is was an error.

That is what the serpent in a subtil way said to Eve when he said, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" He said God was in error and he changed the words of God from thou shall not eat of one tree to thou shall not eat of every tree. He convinced Eve that he was correct and God was wrong. and he convinced her to and she changed and changed the words of God as well.

I am not suggesting you are the devil, I am pointing out you have been deceived and by that you have fallen into the transgression of Eve. Someone else is responsible for that and will not be accounted to you. But you are accountable for your own words and actions, especially once it is brought to your attention. I have done so on at least 7 occasions.

Scholarship simply says God made an error and changed the words of God to convince others they are correct.

Scholars believe that God preserves his words via the scholarly and that leaves it to be that only scholars can teach the word of God. That is called Scholarship Only

I say God preserved his Bible to us in this Generation via the Authorized Version by and through his power and we have no need for any other Bible if we will learn the English. This is called by many the KJV Only.

One group believes God did not preserve his words as promised Ps 12:6-7 so they are left to do it for him, resulting n over 350 different English Versions.

The other group believes God has preserved his words to this generation and forever as he said he would in Ps 12:6-7 and that all men are commanded to Study to show himself approved unto god, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of Truth as stated in 2 Tim 2:15.

The Roman Catholic Church uses the same so called "Originals" (no way to verify because there are no originals to compare them too). they did it because they want to have dominion over the people, the result of the reformation was that many of the Protestant Churches carried that same doctrine over into their dealings with the Bible. It is called the Doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which literally means "to rule over or to have victory over or to control the lay people".

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
When people believe that God's word is full of errors. God no longer really reveals things to those people and they end up with a library of Greek and Hebrew Dictionaries, Commentaries, and writings of Scholars who like them believe God's word is full errors.

I believe Ps 12:6-7 is literally true, so I have a Bible preserved unto this generation in my language that is without errors, where God has not said he will do something and then did not do it, and that is the AV.

I believe I can hold in my hand a Bible, in my language that I can fully understand, that has ALL the words of God in it without question as found in the AV.

I believe that those words as found in the AV, which are preserved unto me, can lead men to Christ because of the grace of God.

I believe that those words as found in the AV if followed give me life and godliness because Christ's imputed righteousness that also has been given me.

I believe because his Spirit known as the Holy Ghost lives in me I can live the life God has for me, for I know in my flesh there is no good thing and I cannot live it without him.

I believe that God's word as preserved for me in the AV is a sure word of Prophecy and is of no private interpretation, and so as such, I must have faith in God that his words are only understood and interpreted through his Spirit which liveth in me and not of my mind, for I now have the mind of Christ.

Through Faith on God's words as found in the AV, God has given me life everlasting and nothing can take that away from me.

The Just shall live by faith and the first step is faith on Christ by God's grace, Faith in his preservation of his words as found in the AV, and Through faith he will finish the work he has started in me.

Do not come to the Bible with the idea it is full of errors, in doing so you have already started off on the wrong path, a path that for 2,000 years has been the wide road, many that have started down that path are no longer Christians which means they were not saved.

I sat and talked to a man one day, I started witnessing to him. He said to me he was a preacher once just like me. He told me he just couldn't live it so he knew he was not saved. I asked him was he living it before he quit being a preacher, he said for a while. I said have you been living it yet, he said no. Were you living it before you got saved,he replied no. I said why don't you just believe that Jesus Christ has done it for you and get saved? He said, I would get saved if I knew I could live it.

What a sad way to go through life not realizing you can't live it. We were sinners before we got saved and we are sinners now. the only difference is we have Christ, his words in the AV and the Holy Ghost to lead, teach and guide us through life. Are we perfect in living it? No. But the bible says we are made perfect in him.

So the bible in the AV is perfect. That is why so many do not like it and even hate it. Just like the Living Word was disliked and hated so is God's preserved word. And that was seen in every language it was ever preserved in or ever will be (Hebrew, Greek, Latin, and English).

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
See your statement "reading of English which makes no sense", this shows your lack of understanding that the English is understandable.

I agree that the English text of that verse is understandable. My point is that you don't understand it.
And the rest of the world can see that you don't understand it. When you get to heaven, as I'm sure you will, God will patiently explain to you that you don't understand it. I'm going to have to let that one rest. I have led you to the water, you can drink in your own time.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It is not that I don't understand it. It is you don't believe it as it is written and there in lay your problem.

At least I will get to heaven with all my rewords in place. I receive no accolades of men, no riches of this world, no notoriety or fame. I take with me just what God has given me through his Holy Ghost which abides in me to the glory of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Believe it or not many see you don't fully know what you teach. Heb 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. You teaching is just pure milk and that is all it will ever be.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The sad part about these discussions is your inability to listen.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sad, because you don't study correctly as commanded in 2Tim 2:15.

Oh and by the way in your original statement, which you edited later, you clearly said, that Matt 13:44 as it was written, was a hard to understand, not I. And that is why you thought it is an error and that it needed to be changed by eliminating the commas and adding additional words to make it say something it did not say.

I wrote above how the verse reads as we study it. And I gave an interpretation of it. I will once again post it.

Again,

Matthew 13:44 the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Keep the context of this.

1) the treasure is Israel
2) The Field is the World
3) The man is God (the son of God)
4) The buying is not only Christ purchasing Israel and the church but the world, the world in this sense is the land masses not the worldly system.

The meaning of the parable then is abundantly clear. Somewhere in the world is a remnant of believing Israel (Historically at the time of Jesus Ministry). God hides his face from Israel in that day (Duet 31:17). Now here is where English comes in handy. before I go further in context God was in every parable up until now, at this point it is Christ being the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Now notice the third person singular indicative in Matt 13:44 he hideth, you will also notice there is no OBJECT. You can't go backwards in English to get the meaning of the verb hideth. Now if it was a Noun like he, that is taken back to see who is doing the hiding, the man. So in the case of diagramming the sentence, he can either hide the treasure or hide himself if the AV English is correct, and it is.

Now, you did the same thing here with the verse where it has a comma that separate subjects into two groups on who is the Israel of God.

Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
If Galatians 6:16 was of one group than there was no need for a comma for the phrase would carry it over to the previous group who are walking according to the rule Paul states. So the comma was there for the separation of the two groups. But you and many scholars remove "and", remove the Comma and then add more words to make it one group of people.

edit on 9/29/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Oh and by the way in your original statement, which you edited later, you clearly said, that Matt 13:44 as it was written, was a hard to understand, not I.

No, what I wrote was;

Meanwhile, as long as you stubbbornly stick to a reading of English which makes no sense, your verdict on my own handling of the word can have no value.

My point was that you stick to a "reading" (that is, an interpetation) which makes no sense. I spent several pages of the original thread trying to get you to understand the simple meaning of the text, so I would not have meant that the text itself made no sense. I never said "hard to understand" at all- that is your own re-wording (and misapplication) of my comment.

I've already on that older thread given you a clear analysis of the way the grammar of that sentence works. I even invited you to present the case to a professional teacher of English grammar for an arbitration (a genuinely neutral teacher, not a tame member of your following who's just going to echo whatever you tell her to say). There is no point in repeating it now, because you are simply not listening. If you ever do become capable of listening to what other people say, I shall refer you back to that thread.
I've given you the link once already. here it is again; this page

edit on 29-9-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The English does make scene therefore you don't understand it. makes no sense and don't understand are to sides of the same coin.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Again- YOUR English was the one that makes no sense.
You are the only one who is finding the AV text hard to understand.

The fact that you have obvious difficulties in reading written English text is a key part of the problem here, because you never understand clearly anything that I write myself, let akone what the Bible says. You are allowing this unrecognised issue to control your relationship with fellow-Christians as well as your apprroach to the Bible.

edit on 2-10-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join